Lee Hagipantelis

If you could only turf one person I'd turf Lee, because a competent chair would be a good chance of turfing Pascoe within 3 months, and a good CEO can hopefully be a better influence on our football department.

If you turf anyone else it is harder to have this chain effect, but on performance over the last year or 2 I'd have Lee at 2/10 and Pascoe on 0.5/10.

Lee's highlights are more entertaining and he puts money in, hence the generous score. Pascoe also scores higher than many would have him due to hat sales growth while we hold the spoon.

Answer me this… does any other teams chairman have a weekly segment on the radio? Lee is a clown & so is his buddy Pascoe. You just have to take your pick as to who is more of a clown.
He has the Weekly SEN segment as a Major Sponsor and a very successful / prominent man in his field.

Agree or disagree with his style, He certainly is no Clown

He has the Weekly SEN segment as a Major Sponsor and a very successful / prominent man in his field.

In relation to his matters with Wests Tigers he is a clown. Sure he may be a successful lawyer & run a successful law firm but I don’t really care about that stuff, I care about this club & Lee represents everything that is wrong with the Wests Tigers.

Certainly Not IMO.

I respect a successful man in the REAL world that is willing to pour in his $$$ and invest his valuble time.

Winning on the Park fixes all things
I have a slight recollection of L.H. being charged with a serious offence a few years back.
'And I may well be wrong', but I thought it had something to do with him supporting a friend who was corrupt.
Anyone got any information re. this?

I personally reckon that how Lee appears to be in public and how effective he really is as Chair are not the same thing.

His lawyer-speak and the way he dresses, I reckon that causes 50% of the dislike, the other 50% being his media presence and propensity for making public statements.

He is easy to dislike but that is meaningless in the corporate world - plenty of pricks and DHs who are good in business (in fact sometimes it's a prerequisite).

My opinion is that I don't really have an opinion on Lee, because I've not met the man. The people that I do know who have met him say he's a passionate and intelligent Tigers supporter, so that must count for something. I have no idea whether he's effective at his job. I do wish he would not make so many statements.

I'll also float that Lee H became Chair only in Nov 2019 and the Tigers rot set in some 7 years prior to that.

I personally reckon that how Lee appears to be in public and how effective he really is as Chair are not the same thing.

His lawyer-speak and the way he dresses, I reckon that causes 50% of the dislike, the other 50% being his media presence and propensity for making public statements.

He is easy to dislike but that is meaningless in the corporate world - plenty of pricks and DHs who are good in business (in fact sometimes it's a prerequisite).

My opinion is that I don't really have an opinion on Lee, because I've not met the man. The people that I do know who have met him say he's a passionate and intelligent Tigers supporter, so that must count for something. I have no idea whether he's effective at his job. I do wish he would not make so many statements.

I'll also float that Lee H became Chair only in Nov 2019 and the Tigers rot set in some 7 years prior to that.
Great post. What we do know is he is willing to put his money into the club. That counts as a tangible contribution when many are so quick to condemn.

• Publicly threatening players when they want to break contract then publicly backing down or doing nothing.
  • Drawing attention to himself on big club days, such as the Tommy jersey tribute
  • Making big statements to the media that turn out to be hot air regarding recruitment
  • Publicly talking contract details of players
  • Sprouting the plans of the club publicly only to look foolish when the opposite occurs
  • Threatening the NRL with legal action
  • Generally possessing mediocre knowledge of Rugby League
He is a clown alright, but the act is beginning to lose its amusement.

Fact - we find it difficult to attract any top talent
I know we signed 4 big names before season began but given we were starting a new era with 3 famous names in the coaches box everyone including me got a bit excited about a new era beginning .Now that novelty has worn off and we can't attract top talent !
Fact - biggest reason for recruiting difficulties is the club image !
Part of the image is that the executive and football coaching staff are not on the same page . Why on earth wouldn't you discuss hiring a new recruitment boss with the coach before you did it !
The Fans goal is to win as many games as possible and play finals footy
The two boffins running the show also have goals but not the same as the fans goals

I think he's valuable to have around the club and maybe on the Board as well.

I think as a Chairman he's been very poor. He hasn't presented the Club or the Board in a good way. Before he came in we were losers on the Field, now we seem to be doing better with $$ (but so is every club TBH) but the public perception even putting the losses aside is poorer.

The whole Aloiai thing, Cowboys loss, the Tommy memorial, appointing McDonnel then firing him and then cherry on top is hiring Sheens to coach and committing to this stupid 5 year plan is a joke.

Maybe he needs to put away the Chairman hat and get a more likeable guy in who can justify all the crappy things Pascoe and Lee have done.

Hearing second hand stories about the guy and I have a feeling he wouldn't be sponsoring us anymore if he wasn't Chairman. Brydens and he get more of an outreach with him being a Spokesperson. Also him 'stepping down' after making stupid decisions and leaving the club worse off than (on the field) when he started would mean he failed and he probably won't be able to hack that.

There will be a breakup between Brydens/Lee and I am predicting it will be a little messy.

Back