Las Vegas

From what I hear
1. Wabbits due to Crowe
2. Manly due to Penn who now live-in NY and supposedly has "business connections" in the US and Hugh Jackman is a fan
3. Rorters due to Uncle Nick - who supposedly has lots a "business connections" in the US
4. Bronco's, well because they're the Bronco's.

From what I hear
1. Wabbits due to Crowe
2. Manly due to Penn who now live-in NY and supposedly has "business connections" in the US and Hugh Jackman is a fan
3. Rorters due to Uncle Nick - who supposedly has lots a "business connections" in the US
Look, I can connect the dots and appreciate a few heavy hitters can help the promotion etc.
Let’s see how it all pans out, last time a game was played in the US I think it was free beer and hotdogs. That’s high quality marketing if you ask me!
The Yanks will get the Eagles and the Broncos connection but they’ll be confused as hell about the Rabbits and Roosters , sounds a bit like a Thanksgiving feast.

If you ever do get the opportunity to get to Vegas. I implore you to book a hotel on the strip. Window view. On the strip. Save you a lot of walking. And Vegas is basically 2 or 3 streets. Thats it. Great exercise otherwise.

From what I hear
1. Wabbits due to Crowe
All makes sense. Let’s hope it’s a success for the game ( forget about the teams).

You don't want rugby league to go gangbusters in the US either, I don't think.

They would rapidly dominate our sport, take all our best players and the NRL would be a husk; it would be a lesser comp like ESL. And the best teams would play in the middle of the night.

They'd also Americanise the product, it wouldn't be the same product you love.
I think you fail to see the genuine reason for the exercise - and added 1+1 to equal -43??

The NRL does not want to build rugby league as a participation sport in the US (just like Ribot and Superleague had no interest in building a talent base in China) - the intention is solely to populise a little known sport in a broader broadcasting market to sell streaming subscriptions to the Australian local product!!

If they could get even 3% of the US population to take up an annual subscription it would be a massive revenue boost to the game - and all in passive income after the initial promotion costs!

That is not to say that I think this double-header season opener will achieve that sort of attention and market traction - but it is about selling the broadcast product - NOT the game itself!

Staff online

Back