Justin Holbrook New Titans Coach

@Madgic said in [Justin Holbrook New Titans Coach](/post/1041482) said:
@Newtown DAVID FURNER???? The man who was sacked by his own brother? They will be gone by Christmas 2020. Idiots, that's Mal Meninga doing a mate a favour.

Furner took a giant club in Leeds and had them 2 and 10 last.

Has failed everywhere.

@Snake said in [Justin Holbrook New Titans Coach](/post/1041484) said:
@Geo so did Jason Taylor🙀 Mick Potter did well in the ESL !

Potter, Maguire, Robinson all coached in the ESL with success, JT never coached ESL

@851 said in [Justin Holbrook New Titans Coach](/post/1041581) said:
@Snake said in [Justin Holbrook New Titans Coach](/post/1041484) said:
@Geo so did Jason Taylor? Mick Potter did well in the ESL !

Potter, Maguire, Robinson all coached in the ESL with success, JT never coached ESL

I think @snake was refering to Taylor as an assistant coach at the Rorters same as Holbrook..

@Cultured_Bogan said in [Justin Holbrook New Titans Coach](/post/1041603) said:
I'd like to congratulate Holbrook on the start and the end of his NRL coaching career.

RIP.

IF Holbrook is the right man and has his fair share of luck with injuries , he will get results at the Titans , he can keep that forward pack on the paddock they will win some games

Good luck to a rookie NRL coach. Some massive lemons on big money Cartwright, Taylor, Boyd. Peaches doesn’t want to be there and they have 100 props on big money.

If we are after Brimson that is a good sign as Madge would have a strong case in November over Holbrook.

By AAP
32 minutes ago

Since foundation coach John Cartwright's departure in 2014, the Titans have sacked Neil Henry and Garth Brennan while there has been just one finals appearance since 2009.

Titans chief executive Steve Mitchell wouldn't confirm Holbrook's appointment on Monday, saying only the ex-Newcastle, Penrith and Sydney Roosters halfback "brings a lot" to the role. Mitchell said the new coach would be given several years to turn around the club's on-field performance, with a playing roster rebuild unlikely to be completed until at least the 2023 NRL season.

"There's a genuine understanding, desire and intent from the club to have a long-term coach," Mitchell said. "A coach that can set culture and build a squad over a three-to-five year period.

@851 said in [Justin Holbrook New Titans Coach](/post/1041364) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Justin Holbrook New Titans Coach](/post/1041358) said:
@innsaneink said in [Justin Holbrook New Titans Coach](/post/1041356) said:
I've heard of the assistants.... Not the main dude

Played for Parra didn't he in the late 90's ...backrower from memory

A five eighth played for newcastle and penrith, is coaching st helens and has about an 85% win record

He will quickly need to get conditioned to handling losses

@Newtown said in [Justin Holbrook New Titans Coach](/post/1041610) said:
By AAP
32 minutes ago

Since foundation coach John Cartwright's departure in 2014, the Titans have sacked Neil Henry and Garth Brennan while there has been just one finals appearance since 2009.

Titans chief executive Steve Mitchell wouldn't confirm Holbrook's appointment on Monday, saying only the ex-Newcastle, Penrith and Sydney Roosters halfback "brings a lot" to the role. Mitchell said the new coach would be given several years to turn around the club's on-field performance, with a playing roster rebuild unlikely to be completed until at least the 2023 NRL season.

"There's a genuine understanding, desire and intent from the club to have a long-term coach," Mitchell said. "A coach that can set culture and build a squad over a three-to-five year period.

Thought they wanted short term success which is why Brennan got the bullet....contradictions everywhere....haha

Are they trying to get kicked out of the comp?
This guy will do diddly.

Only if he brings along Fifita and Tino!!!
At what price?

Fifita is a dollar value question and on Redicous money at the titans. 1.3 million per season I heard. Same contract here and I would be tempted to go No.

Tino clearly is a good front rower. If were talking 600k it's a huge yes. 900k and we have to think about it.

The coach we need is a toughening up coach, i.e. one like Craig Fitzgibbon or Todd Payten. The whole tackle/grit side we are not getting right.
We brought on Nathan Cayless to do this right and ????

Can Anthony Griffin be that kind of coach? probably not, neither Paul McGregor.
Ricky Stuart made it work at Cronulla.

The worst decision we made was Gardiner > Shane Flanagan. Clearly Flanagan was the coach we needed here.

Back