Joel Thompson

TYGA

St George just signed Tariq Sims and have Frizell, De Bellin, Lui and Wil Matthews under contract.
Thompson is off contract and would be ideal for us on the edges.

Merge has to signed Sims yet, we should go all out for him.

Can't find confirmation of the Sims signing.
Friend of mine use to play with Thompson through the juniours -
said he was always the last picked and no one rated him, no talent, etc.
Has made it through hard work alone - great work ethic.
Sounds like a good attitude and something we need to instill in our team.
Wouldn't oppose the signing.

Joel Thompson is a good player. His biggest strength is his change of running line, much like Kevin Proctor. He is the perfect man for hitting holes.

If you want an edge forward who will benefit your halves, he is a good man to have.

Thompson is a good player, but I'd like to take Jack De Bellin of their hands instead if possible.

@teddy23 said:
Thompson is a good player, but I'd like to take Jack De Bellin of their hands instead if possible.

I'm a big fan of De Bellin aswell but with Elijah here now…..there games are to similar to eachother and with Sirro still here, way to many of the same style.

Sirro might need a change of scenery for the sake of his Career, JT has finally seen what i was always hoping he would see about Sirro.

Thompson is a good one - I would take him if they wanted to get rid of him.

Runs good lines and can hurt in tackles as well, which we lack.

Tariq Sims is now confirmed to the Dragons so someone in their pack is going to be surplus. I think they'll want to hold on to Thompson though, he's been good for them injuries aside.

@Nelson said:
Tariq Sims is now confirmed to the Dragons so someone in their pack is going to be surplus. I think they'll want to hold on to Thompson though, he's been good for them injuries aside.

Marketo may be the one told to go or even Mathews

The St George Illawarra Dragons have announced the signing of Knights forward Tariq Sims on a three-year contract, starting next season.

The local Gerringong Lions junior will join the Dragons in November, having made his NRL debut with the Cowboys and joined Newcastle in 2015.

The 26-year-old has played five games for Fiji and has played for NSW Country in each of the past five seasons.

We are now pretty much at the stage where unless they are of marque status, we can fill holes in our roster from within. Where I agree Joel is a strong experienced back rower I do not see him being much better than what we have now and you would like to think most of our back rowers are only going to get better where Thompson is probably just starting to wane

@supercoach said:
We are now pretty much at the stage where unless they are of marque status, we can fill holes in our roster from within. Where I agree Joel is a strong experienced back rower I do not see him being much better than what we have now and you would like to think most of our back rowers are only going to get better where Thompson is probably just starting to wane

He might not be much better than what we have, but he is still better. If he would come at a reasonable price..you could partner him with Lawrence in the Backrow with ET at 13\. Alioia is bigger though and has been doing some bruising runs on one edge, then get replaced by Lovette how continues the workrate.

With Tariq signing - I think that means Joel is on the move.
Where to? I don't know.

Staff online

Back