OFFICIAL Jersey Flegg Cup

This team really is poor. Spine is so average, backs are small and slow. Forwards are slow and lazy.

Yet somehow they hang in there and are now up 20-16

Bailey Hodges has made a massive difference, a quick hooker who gives quick ball to his halves but runs occasionally and has made 2 line breaks including a try just now under the posts.

26-16 now. But we fail to catch the restart into the strong wind and Knights now on the attack

Bailey Hodges has made a massive difference, a quick hooker who gives quick ball to his halves but runs occasionally and has made 2 line breaks including a try just now under the posts.

26-16 now. But we fail to catch the restart into the strong wind and Knights now on the attack
Haven't heard much about Hodges before. Feledy had any game time yet?

Haven't heard much about Hodges before. Feledy had any game time yet?
Just scored with his first touch after Knights fullback let a bomb bounce. Feledy tones his run perfectly ball bounced into his arms and he scored. Camroux with the sideline conversion. Now up 32-20 with 5 to go.

Again failed to catch the kickoff though 🙄

FT JerseyFlegg

WT 32 (J. Feledy, J. Tuipulotu, H. Tofaeono, J. Kirk, B. Hodges, M. Tanner tries; Z. Camroux 4/6 goals) Newcastle 20

HT: WT 16 • NEW 16

WT Flegg get their 1st win of the new season after trailing 16-6 after 24 mins.

A late Josh Feledy try sealing the win.

Were there any players who put in respectable performances?
Vaihu was good, and Sukkar was solid.

A few others are strong worker types, Hodges, Kelso (much improved this week) etc.

Tuipulotu always runs the ball hard but he limped off injured too.

I don't see many future first-grade prospects in this bunch; Feledy, Sukkar, and possibly Vaihu but that's probably it.

A few others are strong worker types, Hodges, Kelso (much improved this week) etc.

I don't see many future first-grade prospects in this bunch; Feledy, Sukkar, and possibly Vaihu but that's probably it.
Realistically anyone eligible for Flegg who are genuine nrl players are usually playing up already with the exceptions of the young ones. Flegg to me is just a breeding ground for nsw cup and Ron Massey mostly esp early in the year before sg ball guys come through.

The team should look vastly different in a month or so when SG Ball finishes up for Wests....well I hope a lot of our higher rated ones get a crack anyway!

Most of those guys are playing up a year in SG Ball, so we‘ll see 🤔
With the revised age groups still impacting NSWRL comps you could have players debuting in the NRL straight out of SG Ball. Realistically an 18 year old would have already pushed through to flegg and a bit of cup, and pre-covid all of our boys in sg ball would be playing flegg this season.

The NSWRL is an abomination. QRL are able to be professional (proper age groups, streaming of matches). NSWRL are a bunch of old beefheads with no idea how to run comps. I imagine a bunch of Blocker types on their board and in management, big on passion, not so much on sound management

Back