Isaiah Papali’i #265

In the mix for England squad selection according to this article - https://www.loverugbyleague.com/pos...d-for-this-years-internationals-far-too-early

Looks quite the damaging backrow prospect @Kaito !

Not sure how you’ve come to that conclusion then. Was outstanding against KR over the weekend and had been building to that performance for a few weeks.
My understanding is that he’s signed at Wigan until 2027 but does have that NRL release clause.
Although, I wouldn’t be looking to him as someone that can come over and make an impact in first grade immediately. Would need some time in cup but I’d assume Richo would be looking for a more ready-made replacement.
Any players you’d suggest from over there?

Wilfully will spot a gap

I haven’t seen it stated that he triggered the release (though this is suggested). If he didn’t trigger it, there is the possibility that we would carry some freight.
Usually you have to carry freight because you have to try and twist the arm of a club to take a player off your hands. Sullivan, there is a player we might have to carry some freight to entice another club. Not Papali’i

is he on back ended contract? I thought that was a no no already but it seems according to apparently a lot of clauses in his contract, the pay increases each year... mind boggles - I don't think he really wanted to play here anyway... just an observation from me and I can always be wrong.

Usually you have to carry freight because you have to try and twist the arm of a club to take a player off your hands. Sullivan, there is a player we might have to carry some freight to entice another club. Not Papali’i
Hopefully Penrith have copped his alleged $750k. Just because a club wants a player, doesn’t automatically mean they will cough up the entire cost of the contract (again, if he didn’t trigger the release).

is he on back ended contract? I thought that was a no no already but it seems according to apparently a lot of clauses in his contract, the pay increases each year... mind boggles - I don't think he really wanted to play here anyway... just an observation from me and I can always be wrong.
Depends. Are you a Gold member...

Back