Isaiah Papali’i #265

Why would we even contemplate letting one of these two go ?
I agree neither are dynamic game changing style of players and therefore having both on the bench is not ideal, but neither are on contracts that are hurting us or preventing us from signing other quality players. Even if only one of them plays NRL and the other plays NSW Cup when we are full strength, surely nobody can whinge about them as squad depth players ?
Seriously those who still think we are getting value from paying Bateman 700k but not happy with the value being provided by Twal at 400k or Seyfarth at 200k can’t be serious.

I agree Bateman is a waste of money and i was saying that when Sheens was chasing him

I find this really disheartening. For a club that needs to build strength it always feels like one step forward two steps back, and is a poor reflection of where we are at in the eyes of a player who was considered one of our better signings assuming he wants out. Our retention is probably poorer than our recruitment.

Why would we even contemplate letting one of these two go ?
I agree neither are dynamic game changing style of players and therefore having both on the bench is not ideal, but neither are on contracts that are hurting us or preventing us from signing other quality players. Even if only one of them plays NRL and the other plays NSW Cup when we are full strength, surely nobody can whinge about them as squad depth players ?
Seriously those who still think we are getting value from paying Bateman 700k but not happy with the value being provided by Twal at 400k or Seyfarth at 200k can’t be serious.
At least Twal can tackle hes good value at 400.

This is actually great news and saves $650k that was going down the drain. One of the worst signings we’ve ever had. Terrible attitude , lazy and didn’t have 1 good game for us. Good riddance, don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

Given that Papalii is now on 750k this year and next and he's effectively a middle forward we're not getting good value. He's not a rampaging forward, he's just solid worker...
I highly doubt Richo would let him go without a replacement. Even if he's not great value we still need to replace him with someone better, and as second row is our weakest position, we have zero depth, there must be a signing incoming

Given that Papalii is now on 750k this year and next and he's effectively a middle forward we're not getting good value. He's not a rampaging forward, he's just solid worker...
I highly doubt Richo would let him go without a replacement. Even if he's not great value we still need to replace him with someone better, and as second row is our weakest position, we have zero depth, there must be a signing incoming
Wonder if the calculation is Sione Fainu on 200k playing in the middle is the replacement for Papili'i and Samuela moving to second row somewhat unexpectedly is the second row replacement. Bateman back to the right side (where he generally is better).

Still think Bateman needs to move to the bench and we need a starting second rower but we're struggling for available places unless we move more on.

He would be, but he starts and plays 80 every week, that’s probably not the type of player Souths would be letting go.
Richo is on record saying he rates Tallis Duncan highly, he doesn’t get a lot of game time with the Rabbitohs, it’s quite clear 13 is his best position and Murray isn’t moving anytime soon.
I’ve been watching Duncan closely and I think his attacking game would benefit us, but he’s a bit of an arm grabber in defence which is not ideal.
Anyway it’s all speculation at this stage, but there is no doubt there would be certain players on Richo’s hit list and him publically stating he likes Tallis Duncan as a player probably counts for something.
He also speaks highly of Adam Doueihi too, with our track record we use the $650k we save on Ice and give it to Doueihi. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I shouldn't laugh.

Those press conferences when he was at Parra and wouldn't confirm he was coming was a red flag.
Anyone who said something similar here was howled down...
Now here we are, He's been ordinary for 2 years and now he wants out.
Shock / Horror....
I remember him saying last year he'd weight it up this year,

Hope we get something of note for him this time

Anyone who said something similar here was howled down...
Now here we are, He's been ordinary for 2 years and now he wants out.
Shock / Horror....
I remember him saying last year he'd weight it up this year,

Hope we get something of note for him this time
Also remember Api getting crucified over a joke.

Panthers get one back on us. He will go OK there, but regardless of how he goes I'm happy he is leaving us.

The way he carried on when Madge got sacked was very ordinary. Part of me wishes we let him go then, but if we did let him go we would always complain that we didn't stand strong. Now at least we know he is only average to slightly above average in a Tigers jersey. Look at the consensus on here, we are basically all OK with him leaving.

Now if we can get rid of Bateman it will be great. Move on 2 small ineffective backrowers and replace them with younger, bigger and more athletic ones.

Back