Isaiah Papali’i #265

Welcome to the Adam Blair Club, Ipap.

It’s not an exclusive club, but you’re now a life long member. Club HR is McQueen will send you our welcome pack, club secretary , M’bye will take your shirt size. If you’re interested in joining the executive committee, please contact Josh Reynolds. Please note, unlike your career at Wests, the executive team does expect you to turn up at least once a year.
Jamal Idris couldn't even get a run?

Yeh that's disappointing... he cops a lot flack by our fanbase for being a dud but I have no doubt if he was on a semi decent team he'd be an absolute weapon. In his whole 18 months here I don't think i've seen one of our halves give him decent ball or put him through a hole.

Absolutely correct.

Arguably the best backrower in the comp when we signed him, now looks like a dud.

Hasn't performed, but much of it is due to the way he's used and the fact that we have been an extremely poorly coached team for his time here.

He will obviously go to another club and kill it.

Well folks great ready for another re- built , we have been doing this for the last 12-15 years , unless they got a class player lined up , this club will go no where , we have all seen over the last couple of weeks with papa and Bateman out of the team , there is no class replacements, I really starting to lose faith things just go from bad to disasters, u can’t win games without a good working pack , papa going , stepho will be next , then Bateman and then api , but wait for it WE our rebuilding and on it goes . 😳🤧

Kiwi international Isaiah Papali’i is set to ignite the NRL transfer market after the Tigers back-rower was granted permission to leave the club with rival clubs set to circle.

It is understood that Papali’i is free to leave the Tigers at the end of this season which will spark a market frenzy with clubs already sounding out the 25-year-old whose $650,000 contract with the Tigers was due to expire at the end of next season.

Discussions heated up at Magic Round in Brisbane last weekend with clubs knowing that Papali’i has now joined the open market.

It means the likes of Penrith, Manly and Canterbury could pounce on Papali’i with the Panthers still on the look-out to fill the void created by James Fisher-Harris’ impending departure to the Warriors and the unsuccessful pursuit of David Fifita.

The Roosters’ Angus Crichton is the other marquee back-rower also a free agent. What is clear though, is that Papali’i’s time at the Tigers is set to come to a premature end.

Penrith turning Papali'i into a world beater would piss me off greatly. So it will probably happen

Hopefully there is a bigger name lurking in the background
I think this means we've secured Angus 🤔😝

In all seriousness, as others have mentioned, he's not producing his money's worth here. Maybe the motivation levels were never really there due to the fact he was a Madge signing who never got what he signed up for either.

A (midseason) trade with Barnett would be good. Actually like him, think he's one of the Warriors best.

Curious as to which player Benji & Richo are now looking at for his replacement.

They probably have a plan in the background.
Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s isn’t one, think Samuela and Bateman would be our backrowers from next year. Maybe they might sign a cheapie or promote one in our lower grades for depth but I don’t see them trying to go sign another big backrower. Ice is on around 650K so my 2 guesses are they’ll use his money to help our backline, or they’ll use that money to try and retain Stef. Maybe both.

Nothing has been reported but yeah all things are possible at this club.
Probably because he’s another middle and we’ve named Pole and Twal in the side. Seyfarth is there since he can cover the edge if needed, not sure if Sione can. But I do think he’ll get another chance.

Latest posts

Members online

Back