Is Mick Potter out of his depth?

Gazman

This is not a criticism as its too early to tell, but usually in previous years even with injuries Sheens seemed to get the team up for a make up performance when we played crap, I wonder if Potter is able to motivate the players like Sheens did when our backs were against the wall. Its easy to lay the blame at the team he was given but at some stage I would think that the players would respond to his style and have a dig. Surely we do not have to go back to camp Kiama to acheive this.

I would of liked him to hook Marshall halfway through the second half. Alex Ferguson would of done it!

I think the next couple of weeks will be telling.
Regardless of the injury situation underperforming players should still be held accountable.
I think it won't be long till we see Brooks and Nofoaluma in first grade.

@Sabre said:
Regardless of the injury situation underperforming players should still be held accountable.

I see that the tigers are supporting the guide dogs Australia, I think we need it most if all!!

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

We just don't have the calibre of troops left that I'm sure Potter would like to call upon. I think the bloke can coach, but we're simply outclassed this year.

@Sabre said:

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

Can you imagine the side without Farah & Woods over Origen or maybe they cannot play any worse?

He is fine. We have a dilemma at present where Robbie and Woods are carrying alot of leadership pressure that should be spread alot wider across the leadership group. It would only take another 2-3 or even 4 players to step up and share that responsibility, but we are thin on experience, well not really, experience with form that can help drag the kids through the tough times.

It just makes me wonder about the game plan and its transition to game day . Do the boys get to training, let Woods take 40 hit ups then get Benji to smash it over the dead ball line then go home? Somethings got to give.

IMO We need to clean out all of Sheens' coaching staff. Skandalis, Simmons, Georgalis, Leeds. All gone. Let Potter pick his own staff with fresh ideas and techniques. All that has changed is the head, the body is still dead…

Juries still out on Potter for me. Unlike many on here I wasnt doing backflips when we signed him. To me a rookie coach with our poor roster = a terrible season. It has worked out worse than I thought.

One thing that is very noticeable is that our skill level with the ball has dropped away. We just can not score tries. A few of us got excited tonight because we scored an old school backline draw and pass try. Thats pretty embarrassing that a fundamental of the game is so irregular for our team that we actually get excited when it happens….

Good point Stryker, I can live with us not scoring many trys if we dont let many in, but if neither is happening then what is occuring on the training paddock as they seem bereft of ideas with the ball in hand.

Don't kid yourself that everyone was doing backflips, when the alternative was Parish, you bet people were happy Potter came through.

Our players definitely are ,thats for sure

Potter as Stryker said the jury is still out

We can only make that determination when he has his own squad that he wants

One issue though , as I said previously ,would you want to sign with the Tigers after watching our last two weeks

Maybe I am alone, but I can see a difference in the playing style and direction under Potter when the going is good. We just lack the fortitude and mentality to bring it back together when we hit the wall… when it is most needed. Unfortunately when the going gets tough, the kids working their asses off for us dont have proof/belief that hanging to the script will keep us in the contest, if not turn it back around for us. We get the wobbles and it falls apart.

It will come. We have been on par only to triple bogie, even with the benchmarks. Its self belief we need.

@willow said:
We just don't have the calibre of troops left that I'm sure Potter would like to call upon. I think the bloke can coach, but we're simply outclassed this year.

x 2 … this is not his team. sheens's lack of blooding teriffic young players in his last two years is now coming home to roost. potter needs a big clean out at the end of the season. lawrence, blair,reddy, utai,moltzen,fulton are yesterdays players and should be shuffled off to the the old dart. use that broom mick !

I don't think that it is potter out of his depth I think it is more we don't have the cattle. Even before the injuries we were never really going to be up there week in week out.

I agree with the comments about clearing out the support staff. Potter needs his own team in the back room and also should be provided the opportunity to assemble his own squad which make take a couple of seasons.

Anything else we can do about this whole situation other than boo the players off?
I'd like to see Potter with his own squad but I really hope the boys are beyond fired up, Potter included, to at least show SOMETHING next week. From the very average crowd that attended and their reaction post game the players surely know nothing is going to go better for them until they get their stuff together.
Feels so empty knowing so much is in shambles at all levels (except NSW CUP/NYC).

@Blackpearl said:
@willow said:

x 2 … this is not his team. sheens's lack of blooding teriffic young players in his last two years is now coming home to roost. potter needs a big clean out at the end of the season. lawrence, blair,reddy, utai,moltzen,fulton are yesterdays players and should be shuffled off to the the old dart. use that broom mick !

without Moltzen, Fulton and Reddy, who are your utility backs? Without Fulton who makes the extra 20 tackles in the breakdown above what a normal player should be expected to make?

Latest posts

Back