Investment Opportunities

@djg-tiger said in [Investment Opportunities](/post/1395588) said:
@demps said in [Investment Opportunities](/post/1395564) said:
@djg-tiger said in [Investment Opportunities](/post/1395516) said:
@dwight-schrute said in [Investment Opportunities](/post/1393886) said:
@djg-tiger said in [Investment Opportunities](/post/1389018) said:
Mods please close this topic... turned into a sh## show again.. over it..

In what way is it an s.... show?
Investment opportunities were asked for and given.
They may not be orthodox but in the case of pinballs there's been a 70-100% return on investment over the past couple of years.
If you want orthodox advice ask an investment advisor, not the forum.
But let me tell you that success is built on not thinking like the sheeple.

Nah, its appreciated.

But I really want to know the "growth" areas of western sydney that people are going crazy about.

Yes - I can google.

but I am hoping for input from people that are currently living in Sydney to shine some light :)

Are u considering moving from Darwin to Syd?
Or just buying an investment property?

Honestly just an investment property, have a few across Australia..

but it seems that Sydney is talked about quite (everywhere I read), huge Asian Investment input.

Sydney is expensive to buy into, isn't it?

I'm from Newcastle, there's lots of money to be made here.

Suburbs such as Cameron Park, Macquarie Hills for new builds.
Other areas like Lambton, Jesmond, Wallsend for existing properties that always will have tenants due to area and proximity to the university.

@demps said in [Investment Opportunities](/post/1395601) said:

They may not be orthodox but in the case of pinballs there's been a 70-100% return on investment over the past couple of years.

Nah, its appreciated.

But I really want to know the "growth" areas of western sydney that people are going crazy about.

Yes - I can google.

but I am hoping for input from people that are currently living in Sydney to shine some light :)

but it seems that Sydney is talked about quite (everywhere I read), huge Asian Investment input.

Other areas like Lambton, Jesmond, Wallsend for existing properties that always will have tenants due to area and proximity to the university.

Love newy mate, lived there for only 8 months attending the uni there, I lived in North Lambton, went to the Planet Fitness Gym there all the time haha..

More or less, just looking for a good place to invest and you've given it me some champ :) appreciated

@djg-tiger said in [Investment Opportunities](/post/1395614) said:

Nah, its appreciated.

Yes - I can google.

Love newy mate, lived there for only 8 months attending the uni there, I lived in North Lambton, went to the Planet Fitness Gym there all the time haha..

More or less, just looking for a good place to invest and you've given it me some champ :) appreciated

I live in Macquarie Hills man and its a boom suburb.

I was told years ago, 7% growth a year so can only imagine now.
In a few years this place will be like Warner's Bay - not many places available and very high prices. There's land packages around in the new estates but the place is booming.

Cameron Park is similar but further out and more suited for families.
All new estate and very similar houses, tidy area and new suburb with new retail district put in. Travel hubs and whatnot.

A friend built a house there and sold it all in a short amount if time and made 50k profit straight off the rip.

I don't know much about Sydney other than its expensive but a lot of the Asian market is coming up the freeway to Newcastle/Lake Maq. Place is on the rise.

@sausagesorcerer said in [Investment Opportunities](/post/1386651) said:
I’ve been collecting wrestling figures(I know how lame they are) for about 20 years.
Couldn’t even tell you how many I have ,I whole garage full 😂
Some I paid $30 for are now worth $500 each,
Others that i have,are signed by deceased Wrestlers have skyrocketed in value.
I always tell my wife they are going to buy me a Porsche one day 🔥

I'll keep my :hand_with_index_and_middle_fingers_crossed: :hand_with_index_and_middle_fingers_crossed: :hand_with_index_and_middle_fingers_crossed: for you re the Porsche.

@magpies1963 said in [Investment Opportunities](/post/1396173) said:
I’ve been collecting wrestling figures(I know how lame they are) for about 20 years.
Couldn’t even tell you how many I have ,I whole garage full ?
I always tell my wife they are going to buy me a Porsche one day ?

I'll keep my :hand_with_index_and_middle_fingers_crossed: :hand_with_index_and_middle_fingers_crossed: :hand_with_index_and_middle_fingers_crossed: for you re the Porsche.

Cheers Magpies ? Dreams are free ?

@sausagesorcerer said in [Investment Opportunities](/post/1396179) said:
@magpies1963 said in [Investment Opportunities](/post/1396173) said:
Couldn’t even tell you how many I have ,I whole garage full ?
I always tell my wife they are going to buy me a Porsche one day ?

Cheers Magpies ? Dreams are free ?

Enjoy @Sausagesorcerer

Nah, its appreciated.

Yes - I can google.

Buy in the mid Blue mountains. Between Springwood and Lawson, lots of Sydneysiders selling up and buying up. Pricing has already shot up but it will keep growing as Sydneysiders and first home buyers pay overs to get away from Sydney or get their foot in the door.

Brisbane and Gold Coast are booking as well.

@demps said in [Investment Opportunities](/post/1395618) said:

Nah, its appreciated.

Yes - I can google.

In a few years this place will be like Warner's Bay - not many places available and very high prices. There's land packages around in the new estates but the place is booming.

All new estate and very similar houses, tidy area and new suburb with new retail district put in. Travel hubs and whatnot.

A friend built a house there and sold it all in a short amount if time and made 50k profit straight off the rip.

I don't know much about Sydney other than its expensive but a lot of the Asian market is coming up the freeway to Newcastle/Lake Maq. Place is on the rise.

I made 50% in three years on my first home in Glenmore Park. Insane ROI which put me in the position I'm in now.

@cultured_bogan said in [Investment Opportunities](/post/1396190) said:
@demps said in [Investment Opportunities](/post/1395618) said:

Nah, its appreciated.

Yes - I can google.

I made 50% in three years on my first home in Glenmore Park. Insane ROI which put me in the position I'm in now.

I've been to Glenmore Park.
Great job man.

Love hearing success stories like that.

Brisbane real estate market is on fire at the moment, driven by southern investors.
We listed our house on Saturday with an offers over price. Contract signed Saturday night for 50k more than expected.
It wasn't even the top offer of 3 offers but was all cash, no cooling off, no building and pest inspection.
Buyers are desperate to close a deal all over Brisbane.

@happy_tiger said in [Investment Opportunities](/post/1389133) said:
My Mrs has I think 9 or 10 unopened boxes of NRL cards from the the closed newsagency she worked at ...they might be worth something at some stage ......

Now if they were Pokemon cards.. You could buy a house haha.

My mate was going to sell me his Metallica one for 2k and I thought it was too expensive ?
Not sure but I have shares in a mining Company that has been on struggle street and I have dropped about 20g, now they are on the way back because they have some nickel mines.

I'm surprised that your shares have made a come back on the back of nickel because there seems to be a lot of the big players walking away from nickel because Australian nickel mines are not competitive as nickel prices have halved since the high of about 12 months ago.

I believe that there may have been some sort of an idea about producing EV batteries here in Australia but I am not sure if there is some battery technology change occurring that does not rely as heavily on nickel now.

Another factor is that the demand for nickel in stainless steel production has also dropped dramatically, so as far as Albo declaring nickel a critical metal it may be a case of him being a bit late to the party as he seems to be on most matters of national importance.

Nothing would surprise me coming from a bloke that reckons you can charge your EV overnight using your solar panels and the only other person that I can think of that is more out of touch than Albo is that imbecile mate of his, Chris Bowen.

A little bit off topic but just re reading this entire thread I noticed the name Cultured Bogan and wondered what had happened to him.
Anyone know ??

Thought he had been on and posted recently, but when I checked, I found that his last post was back on 28th July with a post relating to cricket, so unfortunately I'm no help.

I'm surprised that your shares have made a come back on the back of nickel because there seems to be a lot of the big players walking away from nickel because Australian nickel mines are not competitive as nickel prices have halved since the high of about 12 months ago.

I believe that there may have been some sort of an idea about producing EV batteries here in Australia but I am not sure if there is some battery technology change occurring that does not rely as heavily on nickel now.

Another factor is that the demand for nickel in stainless steel production has also dropped dramatically, so as far as Albo declaring nickel a critical metal it may be a case of him being a bit late to the party as he seems to be on most matters of national importance.

Nothing would surprise me coming from a bloke that reckons you can charge your EV overnight using your solar panels and the only other person that I can think of that is more out of touch than Albo is that imbecile mate of his, Chris Bowen.

My Crypto is on fire bull run incoming just on Chainlink I am up 300 percent and Solana up 1000 percent Avax 400 percent

Good advice on Newcastle Demps. It is an underrated city.

Back