Guns

Odessa

Hi does anyone in here know about guns in general I just found out that last Wednesday a 16 year old kid was stopped by police from committing a shooting at a high school in the Sutherland shire he has been charged with 7 offensives and his uncle has been charged with being in possession of a automatic weapon the kid all up had access to 3 guns

I would just like to know is it hard to use an automatic weapon ? and could a 16 boy handle a gun ?

Hi does anyone in here know about guns in general I just found out that last Wednesday a 16 year old kid was stopped by police from committing a shooting at a high school in the Sutherland shire he has been charged with 7 offensives and his uncle has been charged with being in possession of a automatic weapon the kid all up had access to 3 guns

I would just like to know is it hard to use an automatic weapon ? and could a 16 boy handle a gun ?
Once loaded and the safety is off it is the matter of pulling the trigger. A 16 year old can use a gun with a little bit of knowledge or training.

I'm sure if you spoke to the right people you could find a gun....

There's always stuff on the news about guns being seized from people...

I've shot hand guns and believe generally speaking, many / most could handle them...

Never used a bigger firearm like an AK, Uzi, Tec 9, etc...

Most kids would pretty quickly be able to get a shot fired.

Bigger guns they could hurt themselves with the recoil - sore shoulders stc, I’ve once seen a gun recoil into someone’s face because they held it loose and put there face behind it aiming.

Automatics I imagine a total newbie would lose track and could very quickly be shooting at something they aren’t aiming at.

But honestly that’s if you gave someone that has never shot anything and just said go for it. 10 mins on you tube and a teenager would be all over it - I built a brick pizza oven from you tube alone and I am not even close to handy.

To answer your question yes a 16yr could shoot a gun especially an automatic.

They aren’t complicated.

As to if they could control an automatic and be accurate that would take practice pending the type of automatic gun it is.

As a kid we always had gun and rifles at home, dad being a WW2 vet they were always kept very safe. He even returned from New Guinea with a Vickers Machine gun that he used (2/3 Machine gun Battalion).
The weapons were kept away from the bolts and ammo.
We often went shooting with dad and my brothers, the guns we had were 30/30 Winchester, 22 Ruger, 357 Magnum hand gun, Leigh Enfield 303, 12 gague shotgun, 310 shotgun and a few more that I can't remember.

As a kid we always had gun and rifles at home, dad being a WW2 vet they were always kept very safe. He even returned from New Guinea with a Vickers Machine gun that he used (2/3 Machine gun Battalion).
The weapons were kept away from the bolts and ammo.
We often went shooting with dad and my brothers, the guns we had were 30/30 Winchester, 22 Ruger, 357 Magnum hand gun, Leigh Enfield 303, 12 gague shotgun, 310 shotgun and a few more that I can't remember.
Are you sure your not my brother BT.
We had guns in Cobar and Bourke mainly to kull roos and rabbits.
A gun is always loaded!!
You only have to google children accidentally shooting themselves or others. As cochise said, sometimes it's as easy as pulling the trigger. BT your right about the bolt, keep them seperate to gun and ammo.

Are you sure your not my brother BT.
We had guns in Cobar and Bourke mainly to kull roos and rabbits.
A gun is always loaded!!
You only have to google children accidentally shooting themselves or others. As cochise said, sometimes it's as easy as pulling the trigger. BT your right about the bolt, keep them seperate to gun and ammo.
Dad was so safety aware around guns, even while getting over a barbed wire fench he would take the bolts out or break the shotgun, in case someone tripped.

are you looking to recruit-cheap by the dozen

Dad was so safety aware around guns, even while getting over a barbed wire fench he would take the bolts out or break the shotgun, in case someone tripped.
the rule on guns were the same as walking into a house-respect-or a clip around the ear

Most kids would pretty quickly be able to get a shot fired.

Bigger guns they could hurt themselves with the recoil - sore shoulders stc, I’ve once seen a gun recoil into someone’s face because they held it loose and put there face behind it aiming.

Automatics I imagine a total newbie would lose track and could very quickly be shooting at something they aren’t aiming at.

But honestly that’s if you gave someone that has never shot anything and just said go for it. 10 mins on you tube and a teenager would be all over it - I built a brick pizza oven from you tube alone and I am not even close to handy.
thanks Bob , made me laugh loud n long,its a wonderful world the web is

my Mum;s Dad died like that,imagine the damage with the Vickers

Merlot, unfortunately it is not difficult to use firearms.

Weapons should be secured (lockable storage) and ammunition should be stored separately and secured. No weapon should be loaded.

All firearms should be treated as live (loaded) until cleared. Safey should always be applied and paramount.

My knowledge is now limited to my era (😁) but I always consider an automatic weapon to be the belt fed M60 machine gun, the 9mm Owen gun or the 7.62mm L2A1 which was the Lithgow made light machine gun version of the SLR. The Browning 9mm pistol could be an automatic weapon. Even the SLR with the selector switch from single shot to automatic fire could be an automatic weapon.

Firearms always scared me and I believe most people should feel the same way. They are made for a purpose.

Merlot, unfortunately it is not difficult to use firearms.

Weapons should be secured (lockable storage) and ammunition should be stored separately and secured. No weapon should be loaded.

All firearms should be treated as live (loaded) until cleared. Safey should always be applied and paramount.

My knowledge is now limited to my era (😁) but I always consider an automatic weapon to be the belt fed M60 machine gun, the 9mm Owen gun or the 7.62mm L2A1 which was the Lithgow made light machine gun version of the SLR. The Browning 9mm pistol could be an automatic weapon. Even the SLR with the selector switch from single shot to automatic fire could be an automatic weapon.

Firearms always scared me and I believe most people should feel the same way. They are made for a purpose.
Automatic weapons come in all shape and sizes, an Automatic weapon allows multiple shots fired from the single pull of the trigger, it automatically reloads and fires a shot while ever the trigger is pulled, a semi automatic weapon allows one shot with each individual pull of the trigger and automatically reloads the next round. Both of these class of weapons are illegal in Australia, other types of weapons are bolt action, lever action etc and these require an action from the shooter to reload the chamber.

Automatic weapons come in all shape and sizes, an Automatic weapon allows multiple shots fired from the single pull of the trigger, it automatically reloads and fires a shot while ever the trigger is pulled, a semi automatic weapon allows one shot with each individual pull of the trigger and automatically reloads the next round. Both of these class of weapons are illegal in Australia, other types of weapons are bolt action, lever action etc and these require an action from the shooter to reload the chamber.
Thanks Cochise. There are so many types of firearms these days. For those who don't know, the Owen Gun (9mm sub machine gun) was invented in the shed of a home in Balgownie (a suburb of Wollongong) by Evelyn Owen It would fire if exposed to water, mud etc and was a good weapon to use albeit with a bit of a kick up to the right.

After the massacre in Tasmania it is the only time i have been thankful that Howard was in power because he took strong action over his own party and coalition members and banned a large amount of guns.I believe if Labor was in power they would have done exactly the same but there would have been a massive backlash from the right wing of politics to the detriment of our country and our descendents future with dewer guns handed in voluntarily.Assault rifles and semi automatic rifles are designed only to kill people and nothing else and should not be in the hands of anybody but the military or anti terrorist police

Members online

Back