Giving Blood

Odessa

Hi I gave blood for the first time today after hearing the ads on the radio and was talking with some staff there apparently they are in desperate need of blood so if anyone has time please go

When I was there a guy came in and it was his 101 time to give and some of the staff gave him a cheer

Hi I gave blood for the first time today after hearing the ads on the radio and was talking with some staff there apparently they are in desperate need of blood so if anyone has time please go

When I was there a guy came in and it was his 101 time to give and some of the staff gave him a cheer
Definitely everyone that can give blood should try do so a few times a year. It's an easy way to potentially help save lives.

Great post, I've been giving blood since my accident 20yrs ago and someone has saved my life and hopefully I've reciprocated.
Get behind Odessa's call and do your bit, if your religion allows it and your healthy do it! ❤️

Well done. If I could I would. I contracted malaria in Papua New Guinea years ago so I am banned from giving blood. I do admire all those who do so.

Well done. If I could I would. I contracted malaria in Papua New Guinea years ago so I am banned from giving blood. I do admire all those who do so.
If you know anyone let them know they also said 7 places have been flooded so no donations

Great post, I've been giving blood since my accident 20yrs ago and someone has saved my life and hopefully I've reciprocated.
Get behind Odessa's call and do your bit, if your religion allows it and your healthy do it! ❤️
Hi mate how much water do you drink before and after I had a slight headache like a mild hangover I don't think I drank enough water just 1 500mill bottle

Last edited:
Hi Odessa, so just read your post.
I donated 90% of my blood through army where red cross van comes to barracks. We were told to hydrate 1-2 glasses of pure water 1-2 hrs prior and they gave us orange juice diluted with water after.
The main reason is blood has high content of water and you dont want to be dehydrated when donating.
You shouldn't have side affects, your blood is indexed and if you fall ill they can trace your bag and test it.
Could you be suffering from anxiety?
If your pulse is high, 120+ at rest call your GP straight away. I can't tell you anything other than if you didn't have any pre existing illnesses, low blood count, LFT ect you should keep hydrated, 1 glass of water an hour is ample and phone GP is symtoms persist
Hooe that helps and your ok. Donating blood is safe, keep calm.

Back