FOX sidelining WT?

Tiger Tarl

Not to start any conspiracy theories but an observation in the last week leading up to the first round, seems the Wests Tigers conspicuously absent from much of Fox Sports marketing.

Case in point, the opening of NRL 360 yesterday where Matt Nable spruiks all the games of the weekend, he showcases players from every team and game with visuals and specific player names from each team EXCEPT when it came to the tigers game where he stands in front of the Raiders team and the only image of the WT is a split second grab of us in defence is a segment cleary showcasing Papalli. Not even our full name is mentioned, just Tigers.

Similarly, in the NRL launch trailer we are hardly seen... Now is this simply bias from my tiger coloured eyes or are we overlooked, disregarded this year for some reason? And what is that reason? Is it simply that the Sunday game is a channel 9 game? If we have such a large fan base nation wide with TV stats backing that up, why are we ignored in marketing? Surely that would only hurt the NRL. So what's going on?

Probably, maybe... funny I noticed the NRL 360 snub too though.

Hard to give a team that hasn't had any sort of success in like last decade any time.

It may have to do with the fact we have the Sunday channel 9 game 5 out of the first 8 rounds.

I don't mind if they do not feature us in the promo's as we can sneak under the radar this year with some luck we should be top 8.

It's hard to get a fair go on tv when you don't deliver the goods on the field.

One side (might have been Penrith during their rough run years back) went years without a game on free to air.

Even though we have a good supporter base, the casual fans tune in for the top of the table clashes which boost ratings/revenue for the media.

Given we have one of the more popular brands in the league, fox are just shooting themselves in the foot. Should be no skin off our nose.

@hammertime said in [FOX sidelining WT?](/post/1311467) said:
Given we have one of the more popular brands in the league, fox are just shooting themselves in the foot. Should be no skin off our nose.

And not only do we have a big fanbase, especially compared to other Sydney clubs, but we are also a popular '2nd team'. I don't come across many people who loathe the Tigers, in the way the Broncos/Roosters/Manly etc are loathed.

Win games, make finals, create highlights, they will show them

Why worry, the less pressure on this young team is much welcome.

We don't deserve any coverage. We've sucked for 10 years and are lucky to have gotten the coverage we did.

@rihannafan1 said in [FOX sidelining WT?](/post/1311502) said:
We don't deserve any coverage. We've sucked for 10 years and are lucky to have gotten the coverage we did.

Harsh mate, but on second thoughts, that's not harsh that's fair.

Hopefully we start turning that around on the field as of this weekend.

I saw the add / lead up to the NRL show as well and I noticed the lack of Tigers, images and talk too .. I thought it was a disgrace .. !! But hey the less build up our team gets the more we are gonna spank them .. !! Let's go Tigers .. !!

@rihannafan1 said in [FOX sidelining WT?](/post/1311502) said:

Yet we are still one of the biggest clubs, re: membership, go figure?
Don’t think it has anything to do with “deserve” they should be a neutral broadcaster.

They all expect us to be fighting for the spoon. Well except Paul Kent who tipped us to finish 9th.

Why would they promote us when they think we are like the worst team in the comp.

Hard reality of the damage previous coaches have done to this orginisation.

As suggested above, Once we start winning and playing good football theyll come slithering back. Pretending they didnt think we were hopeless mind you.

I understand as Tigers fans it is frustrating to see media put us down and its is easy to sometimes take it personally.

But we are a strange breed being here discussing every improvement or recruitment/retention with forensic detail. We can see the improvements, we see how all of the pieces are coming together. Its not reasonable to expect the casual league fan to know how this is happening.

Either we are wrong, or they are, ultimately between 18-30 men in black, gold & white will decide.

Back