For anyone bagging Hastings

Tcat

For anyone bagging Hastings saying all he does is point and isn't fast enough. That attitude is half the reason this club sucks. Watch the good halfbacks, they never stop talking and demand the team execute the plays. Hastings isnt the best half by a long shot but shows more class than anyone on our current squad. I'd rather have a half that barks and leads his team around the park, rather than a half back thats supposedly fast but isn't smart enough for the NRL and doesn't have any confidence to grab this team by the balls and orchestrate attacking plays for 80mins.

As far as I'm concerned we let the wrong halfback go and we really needed a strong leader in at 7 yesterday.

Hastings may have hit Tommy in the face, but there was no malice in it and he was doing everything he could to stop a try.

Hastings also had the decency to try to apologise to Tommy after the game which most players wouldn't do.

We need to explore getting a new halfback now.

For anyone bagging Hastings saying all he does is point and isn't fast enough. That attitude is half the reason this club sucks. Watch the good halfbacks, they never stop talking and demand the team execute the plays. Hastings isnt the best half by a long shot but shows more class than anyone on our current squad. I'd rather have a half that barks and leads his team around the park, rather than a half back thats supposedly fast but isn't smart enough for the NRL and doesn't have any confidence to grab this team by the balls and orchestrate attacking plays for 80mins.

As far as I'm concerned we let the wrong halfback go and we really needed a strong leader in at 7 yesterday.

Hastings may have hit Tommy in the face, but there was no malice in it and he was doing everything he could to stop a try.

Hastings also had the decency to try to apologise to Tommy after the game which most players wouldn't do.

He had a reasonable kicking game - apart from that he did nothing. This love affair with Hastings is almost as bad as the love affair by some over Brooks.

Hastings was as slow as a wet week but his positional play and passing game were good. He wasn't scared to stand back from the ruck to offset his slowness he then picked his runners or gave it to Gamble to pick up the runners. They kicked fairly well and Crossland's dummy half play wasn't bad either. It allowed the other players to concentrate on the job at hand. Our spontaneous type of game just doesn't work, you need structure.
In saying that Brooks and Api were just below their counterparts, AD was substandard.
Centres need to get deep they don't have that speed off the mark to stand so flat. ( That could be coaching though and most sides play that way )

He had a reasonable kicking game - apart from that he did nothing. This love affair with Hastings is almost as bad as the love affair by some over Brooks.

Nothing to do with a love affair with Hastings. Merely a comparison of 2 halves that have played for this club recently as well has the comparison to seasoned performing halfbacks.

We need to have a better halfback asap

You really don’t get it do you?
The club has never wanted a strong leader at 7, or anywhere else for that matter.
Hastings was moved on because of his controlling behaviour. The very thing that makes him valuable at Knights. The non elected board members voted with one voice to remove Cavanagh. Now that’s more signicant in the scheme of things if we’re talking about the club’s DNA.
We can continue talking about dropped balls, but the real game is the stagnation of organisational development. And , I might add, the probable root cause of the political games. You don’t think it filters down to the players on the park?

Hastings was okay. He did what he does. Brooks was better. Hastings was better than AD and Gamble.

Yes we need better halves and ideally a dominant half who can execute well in the opposition attacking zone. I don't think Hastings is the answer but I'm pretty confident Brooks and AD aren't the answer for that role either.

As far as I'm concerned , Hastings,.Brooks and Douhie arnt good enough. The three of them won't make the top 8 so going on about Hastings like hes Andrew Johns doesn't help. Newcastle might have won yesterday but they still will be bottom 4 Just like the Tigers

You really don’t get it do you?
The club has never wanted a strong leader at 7, or anywhere else for that matter.
Hastings was moved on because of his controlling behaviour. The very thing that makes him valuable at Knights. The non elected board members voted with one voice to remove Cavanagh. Now that’s more signicant in the scheme of things if we’re talking about the club’s DNA.
We can continue talking about dropped balls, but the real game is the stagnation of organisational development. And , I might add, the probable root cause of the political games. You don’t think it filters down to the players on the park?
Why can't you both be right? I think you are. Last year several people stated repeatedly we didn't have a single good half but Hastings was closest, and it is also clear the club doesn't have its act together off the field.

We were really bad on Sunday, but lets not compound it by placing Hastings on the list of future immortals.
The facts are that he is slow and his ballplaying ability is average. He seems like a nice kid, but everywhere he goes he leaves a trail of salty team mates behind.
Letting Hastings go wasnt the wrong decision, but keeping Brooks likely wasnt the right decision either. There are plenty of second string halfbacks out there that offer more than Brooks. He is not a bad player, but he is not good enough to drive a team like the tigers. Did I see a stat that we haven't won a game with him since August 2021?
We will improve, our defence already has. The press were always going to smash us and that is what Sheens is there for. He is the force field so we can put improvement in place under him without distraction.
In saying that, Sundays game was one of the most inept performances I have ever seen by a Tigers team...up there with the Giants in the late 80's.

People are delusional on here who disagree with you.

With hastings we win.

We just need someone with composure and direction and a VOICE

We have attacking weapons if we have someone who can control the game and keep composure

Funny how saint Hastings let it slip to the media that he texted talau for his comeback game this year with support. Just had to let the media know ‘he’s a good guy’!! Typical move. Talau new his apology was fake, hence the shove.

With Brooks as halfback, yes.

Quite a statistic for a former Dally M halfback of the year (don’t know if you’ve heard about this - it doesn’t get mentioned much around here…)
Maybe all the Brooks fan club will give you every excuse under the sun why the WTs have to retain him...wasnt it because he was the next Joey Johns all those years back and could only manage 1 Dally M award in a year when the halfbacks in 50% of the teams were ordinary and he still hasnt played any finals football as well as being a local loyal junior...I will take all the excuses that have been provided and I will give him the chance to prove why he won Dally M and has now got great coaches (the Old boys club),great recruits in the forward pack,international prop in Klemmer,3 time premiership winner in Api,the most sought after backrower in Papi and a list of top talented youth that has ever been produced by the pathways..Brooks the BALL is in your court as the saying goes,make the most of it if you want the respect from the suffering members and supporters of this great club....

Funny how saint Hastings let it slip to the media that he texted talau for his comeback game this year with support. Just had to let the media know ‘he’s a good guy’!! Typical move. Talau new his apology was fake, hence the shove.
Have you ever played the game and accidently hit some one high or late....its a contact sport mate these things happen and by you ASSUMING it was a typical move without being involved just shows how negative you are to a particular player you dont like....typical human nature...

Jackson Hastings wants to win. It's that simple. We can argue about whether he's slow, cranky, a pain in the ass. But he wants to win. I can't say I see the same commitment from players who were deemed more valuable than Jacko. Oh - and he's a nice guy. Met him several times in the UK. This idea that he's a trouble-maker is completely bogus. Everybody (with the possible exception of peg-leg Bateman at Wigan) liked Jackson in SL. He constantly bigged up the game. Made time for the fans. Went out of his way to please. He'll always be welcome over here. Can't understand why so many have it in for him over the Australia.

We were really bad on Sunday, but lets not compound it by placing Hastings on the list of future immortals.
The facts are that he is slow and his ballplaying ability is average. He seems like a nice kid, but everywhere he goes he leaves a trail of salty team mates behind.
I watched both Tigers games this season. If Jackson's ballplaying ability is "average" - I'd say this places him as the best ballplayer at the club prior to him leaving. Because you guys are awful. And no - Hastings hasn't left a "trail of salty team mates" behind him. During his time in SL he was one of the most well-liked players in the game. And respected, too. Does he have a tendency to open his mouth and speak uncomfortable truths when things are going badly? Yes. But I expect that from any professional player with a burning desire to win. As for falling out with Cherry-Evans. I'm not going to hold that against him. As far as I know only Jon Bateman - it's claimed - has anything bad to say about Jackson. But I'd point out that out of those two Jackson was the better player by far. Bateman stank from the moment he returned from Canberra right up till when he signed with the Tigers. Maybe Jacko was upset that Jon was drawing a whopping contract for little in return at Wigan ...

Back