Dragons to drop Illawarra

Much the same reason why 20 years on we can't just abandon campbletown or Balmain area, we are too far down the rabbit hole you just alienate half your supporter base.
That is so true. We should all be proud of our ancestry, two of the great clubs of the game.
Now we are one, there should be no animosity. WestsTigers have, and will always be not united clubs, but one club.

Illawarra fans don’t really exist anymore mate - if they do, they’re not on the dragons…

That’s a take over - not a merger
Whether they do or don't isn't the issue - they have already pissed off those in the Illawarra junior development. Plus i can't see WIN hanging around if they cut ties with the Illawarra region. Who cares anyway - they are on a slippery slope to oblivion.

I read today the saints CEO calling it a "brand health check'.
It's the name of the club you fool not some gimmicky toy. I hate our clubs turning into franchises, it won't be long till our name gets tinkered with. I guess it's already started.

thought the Illawarra side coughed up all the money-its a smoke screen,4what?

Whether they do or don't isn't the issue - they have already pissed off those in the Illawarra junior development. Plus i can't see WIN hanging around if they cut ties with the Illawarra region. Who cares anyway - they are on a slippery slope to oblivion.
It's so SO odd as I was reading about the Dragons building their "Center of excellence" in Wollongong.
^IMHO a move of utter brilliance as it would get a stack of country kids from the south coast plus draw the Camden basin which is now HUGE.

Honestly, I miss the Stealers. The team name sucks, the logo sucks, it was all a trashy American import idea. Yet they were my NR2 team for some weird reason as a kid (Gold Coast Seagulls were nr3.. no idea why).

The Stealers though were a truly gutsy team. St George has totally taken them over and IMHO it had to happen. Yet I wish they could exist in reserve grade and maybe push for a first grade birth from time to time. Damn super league as Cronulla could have gotten the kick if not for Packers millions.

Staff online

Back