Coastal Destinations

Camel2281

The Titans suck and are never going to challenge for a premiership. But I’d take Gold Coast over Bondi. Bondi is so overrated it’s not funny. The GC coastline is the best in the world.
Whilst I agree with your Assessment of Bondi. Can't agree regarding the GC coastline, I used to live there, apart from Burleigh and Cooly, the rest is bland and too open. The Newcastle and Wollongong Coastlines are far far better

Whilst I agree with your Assessment of Bondi. Can't agree regarding the GC coastline, I used to live there, apart from Burleigh and Cooly, the rest is bland and too open. The Newcastle and Wollongong Coastlines are far far better

Gold Coast has an absence of headlands …Northern Beaches of Sydney for me ..

The Titans suck and are never going to challenge for a premiership. But I’d take Gold Coast over Bondi. Bondi is so overrated it’s not funny. The GC coastline is the best in the world.
Have you never visited the Sunshine Coast?

I have actually. Beautiful spot.

Literally there’s hundreds of coastlines better than GC around the world . The Amalfi coast , and basically anything in the Mediterranean.
The whole Californian coastline except anything around LA .
The south coast of NSW , even 50km south of there around Byron .
I dunno bro … is it better than Bondi for sure . But only because Bondi is full of people . The coast walk from Bondi to coogee is pretty spectacular in its self .

Wollongong is Mount Druitt on the water. Kiama and Shellharbour are far nicer.
I have relatives in the Gong and it's very overrated. There are a lot of bogans there. Pretty sure a place called Warrawong has the highest crime rate in NSW

That is a beautiful area, especially on the water.
Very underrated too. You hear about Byron Bay, Port Macquarie, Coffs Harbour etc. but Port Stephens is a beautiful spot. Lots of nice towns, beaches, views, things to do. Taking the ferry from Nelson Bay across to Tea Gardens with the dolphins in the water is a great experience

Very underrated too. You hear about Byron Bay, Port Macquarie, Coffs Harbour etc. but Port Stephens is a beautiful spot. Lots of nice towns, beaches, views, things to do. Taking the ferry from Nelson Bay across to Tea Gardens with the dolphins in the water is a great experience
Yeah getting on the water there is a must. And you don’t need to be a fisherman or water skier to enjoy being on the water.

The best what?

The parking is non-existent, the property is insanely unattainable, the locals are rude, everything is expensive and the surf is rubbish. Every tried to get a runner at Broadbeach? It's a blown-out closeout 6.5 days a week. Snapper, Dbah and Greenmount are Coolangatta, basically a suburb of Tweeds Heads, not Gold Coast.

They're BOTH overrated coastlines.

Basically anywhere from Lennox to Newcastle and anything south of Shell Harbour are the objectively better coastlines.

The best what?

The parking is non-existent, the property is insanely unattainable, the locals are rude, everything is expensive and the surf is rubbish. Every tried to get a runner at Broadbeach? It's a blown-out closeout 6.5 days a week. Snapper, Dbah and Greenmount are Coolangatta, basically a suburb of Tweeds Heads, not Gold Coast.

They're BOTH overrated coastlines.

Basically anywhere from Lennox to Newcastle and anything south of Shell Harbour are the objectively better coastlines.
Probably should be moved to a coast chat but I agree. GC itself is also quite dirty at times. Hate the look of high rise apartments by the sea. South Coast NSW is quite underrated but its too cold for large chunks of the year. WA is spectacular north to south. I've definitely got a soft spot for Newy upwards.

Latest posts

Members online

Back