Chee Kam in the doghouse

TYGA

MCK looks the goods every time he plays first grade and can cover centre and back row.
I can't understand how he is not in the first grade squad every week especially with his contract being extended. For mine he is a better centre than Naiqama and a better back rower than Halatau & Lovett.
Our squad is just not that good to have MCK running around in reserve grade.

@TYGA said:
MCK looks the goods every time he plays first grade and can cover centre and back row.
I can't understand how he is not in the first grade squad every week especially with his contract being extended. For mine he is a better centre than Naiqama and a better back rower than Halatau & Lovett.
Our squad is just not that good to have MCK running around in reserve grade.

Totally agree. If he is given 3 or 4 games in a row starting at centre i don't think Naiqama would get his spot back. Move Kevvie to wing or reggies would be the way i'd go. The other teams have worked out his defensive problems and are exploiting them every week. He's good with the ball but we need a bigger and better defender to help our halves.

I'm a Chee Kam fan. I'd love to see if he can fix our RHS defence problem. If he can, he should stay there. However we'll never know, as long as he is playing in regees.

Hasn't exactly torn up trees at NSW Cup level from what I've seen, but I too would like to see him get a run for Kev, given how bad the latter has been defensively.

i hate kevs defence, but damn he is good in attack. I wish Kidwell would sort that out, he can tackle just cant make any reads. But is that because Moses is next to him??? Moses had a shocker in defence last week. But im like you , id have him on the bench , Halatau please retire.

While MCK may not be killing it at NSW Cup level, he looked solid in first grade.

I'd like to see him given 3-4 games in a row in the same position just to see what he could do.

Would have him on the bench, Farah to play hooker for 80 minutes and Dene to miss out (great player but pass his prime).

My bench which has three big boppers and one utility

Grant
Ava
JJ Felise
Chee-Kam (can play backs and forward)

That definitely sounds like the way to go Everett. Dene needs the golden handshake IMO.
Chee Kam offers so much more.

I reckon Kev is a better centre and I'm not sure if he is a better backrower than anyone getting picked in first grade.

I doubt he would have resigned so quickly if he was not given some hope of being in the mix in 2017\. I guess Deano will be hanging up the boots at the end of the season and their is always the big question mark on Farah. Of course in saying that you would imagine their spots will go to Ballin and Liddle. So who in the back row makes way for MCK and if Taylor was going to play him in the centres he would have done it by now

@supercoach said:
I doubt he would have resigned so quickly if he was not given some hope of being in the mix in 2017\. I guess Deano will be hanging up the boots at the end of the season and their is always the big question mark on Farah. Of course in saying that you would imagine their spots will go to Ballin and Liddle. So who in the back row makes way for MCK and if Taylor was going to play him in the centres he would have done it by now

I suspect he's our backup centre. If Simona or Kev get injured or a long form slump ….the MCK comes into centre.
Which is why the WTs have him in NSW cup playing centre.

@Tigerdon said:
@supercoach said:

I suspect he's our backup centre. If Simona or Kev get injured or a long form slump ….the MCK comes into centre.
Which is why the WTs have him in NSW cup playing centre.

I rate MCK as a player…I would love to see how our cap stands and more importantly the second tier cap...maybe Pascoe and Oniel are stopping him from being selected in fg because of restrictions,not sure,but the guy deserves another crack in the top grade....

He's been picked at least once already so cap issues wouldnt come into it

I think many coaches are reluctant to make changes regardless of form… The less changes the better

Teams that win the comp use the last players

I put this in the "your team v panthers" thread after official team was named so not sure if it has been read but it was all about getting extra forward in the side 'MCK' and having 1 less small forward on the bench and keeping ET at lock. It also depends on Rankin's defense in the middle of the park.
1 Tedesco
2 Nofoaluma
3 Naiqama
4 Chee Kam
5 Simona
6 Moses
7 Brooks
8 Woods
9 Rankin
10 Ava
11 Sue
12 Lawrence
13 Taylor
14 Farah
15 Alioia
16 Felise
17 Grant
I picked most of the team based on the fact Taylor doesn't change too much but with Farah now looking like a bench player coming on after 20 minutes if Rankin could cover that time in the middle when Farah comes on he could go back to wing Simona to centre and MCK back to forwards. If anything happens to Farah we can revert back to that and leave ET at lock. Being a half Rankin should give decent service out of dummy half. It also gives us more size in the forwards rather than having Halatau as back up hooker.

@innsaneink said:
He's been picked at least once already so cap issues wouldnt come into it

I think many coaches are reluctant to make changes regardless of form… The less changes the better

Teams that win the comp use the last players

That was one of Sheen's great philosophies,the closer you can get your players used in a season to 17 the more likely you are of having a good year.

Good idea in principle, but picking out of form players or not picking players in form players just to avoid making change is madness. Although I do no see a real obvious player that deserves the hook,maybe Kev and maybe Rankin but in Rankins case he really has done nothing wrong and in Kevs case he has been excellent in attack

@everett said:
Would have him on the bench, Farah to play hooker for 80 minutes and Dene to miss out (great player but pass his prime).

Grant
Ava
JJ Felise

X2 !!

@TopTiger said:
@everett said:

Grant
Ava
JJ Felise

X2 !!

Back