Bulldogs next week…

Seriously this is actually where we thought we would be at this point in the year after the pretty hard start to the year ;
In all seriousness we got raiders ,sharks ,eels , dolphins ,dragons , panthers broncos .
That was an almost murderers row to start the year . Our Bogey side all the way down to last years grand finalists back to back .
I’m not making excuses , but that was a tough draw .
We actually have , a much lighter 10 weeks now . We need to lift , as there’s an opportunity now to do something .

The Bulldogs left edge of Burton, Kikau, Xerri and Addo-Carr will destroy us.
It’s a near guarantee we leak more points than we did last night and will again be lucky to score more than 2 tries.
Yeh that's my first thought on this topic... Who do we have on our right edge Fainu Naden & Staimes?
Good.luck.to them
We might go out to this game.depending on a few things. Maybe away fro CSS. &.O.we.mighr jag a Win
Do we have any players on report?

if we did a combined dogs tigers 13, would it look like this?

1. Bula
2.Fox
3. Xerri/olam
4. Critta
5. Kiraz
6. Burton
7. Seizer
8. Stef
9. Api
10. Klem/king
11. Kikau
12. Papaalii
13. Curran?

Pretty even across the board?

The Bulldogs left edge of Burton, Kikau, Xerri and Addo-Carr will destroy us.
It’s a near guarantee we leak more points than we did last night and will again be lucky to score more than 2 tries.
LOL so you think a team that has no halfback , and has had a pretty easy draw , is going to lap us more than the best team in the comp with thier best 2 players firing at the same time .
Jesus Christ you’re sooo negative ….

LOL so you think a team that has no halfback , and has had a pretty easy draw , is going to lap us more than the best team in the comp with thier best 2 players firing at the same time .
Baffling.

We're going ok, with plenty to work on.

The Dogs are going ok, with plenty to work on.

This is a team in a similar boat to us. The recency bias that has people worried they'll pump us is more of an indictment of the degree to which they watch the 1% of the game.

The Tigers are more than capable of handling Canterbury.

Baffling.

This is a team in a similar boat to us. The recency bias that has people worried they'll pump us is more of an indictment of the degree to which they watch the 1% of the game.

They have strike all over the park that we don't have. They have the ability to capitalize on their opportunities which we have demonstrated is a challenge for us.
If we continue in the same vain where it's all D with no reward mentally at some point the team will crack. They are on an upward trajectory and we are on a 4 game losing streak there is reason to be concerned.

Reactions: BZN
Dogs are more on the up than we are especially after our last 4 very disappointing losses, so I guess that with the bias of the match officials towards the side that is expected to win and the fact that it is a Dogs home game we can fully expect to get screwed again.

Whether we can overcome that hurdle remains to be seen, but I can't say that I am all that confident.

They have strike all over the park that we don't have. They have the ability to capitalize on their opportunities which we have demonstrated is a challenge for us.
If we continue in the same vain where it's all D with no reward mentally at some point the team will crack. They are on an upward trajectory and we are on a 4 game losing streak there is reason to be concerned.
No they don't.

Their hooker is average. They don't have a halfback. Their front row stocks are light on and their forward pack, outside of Kikau is underwhelming.

What they do have is a strong backline. You're correct, they're taking their chances, we're not. That's an indication that we're creating chances. No matter who we're playing, if we continue that way, we won't win anything. That is a bug in this side, it doesn't define this side.

I stated that we are capable of taking care of them. Which we are. If we play poorly, we won't. It's a pretty straightforward stance.

What is there to be 'concerned' about? Not winning?

Four game losing streak? So what? Have they played the same opposition? Have they been without key members of their side recently? They've lost to the Sharks and Parramatta. Easily. We've beaten both. They've lost to the Rabbits (last) and beaten the Titans (worst side in the comp) and Roosters (who completed at 69%) and Newcastle (with a shot-duck Ponga).

Talk to me about comparing the two teams' records once they've played the two Grand Finalists back to back.

They're getting the wins to show their improvement, we're not.

As bad as we've been in attack, we were within a try of the Dolphins and a cruel bounce of the ball away from being 3 tries a piece versus the Dragons. Both games we were missing a piece of our spine, lost our VC and our form forward in Fainu. We then pushed the premiers away from home, despite some outrageous calls and were soundly beaten by what is probably the best side in the comp at the moment, who, despite the howls of them being a bit off, were unbelievable in defence.

I'm not saying we're better than them. I'm not saying we will win. I'm saying we are capable of handling them.

I'd say we will most likely win the forward battle again. I'd say we will create opportunities to score (our attack is getting a little better each week as the combinations slowly improve). If we take them, we're every chance.

They're in the same group of teams as us. They've just grabbed their opportunities and we glaringly haven't.

So, I'll reiterate; we have the personnel to win this game. Canterbury is a side we can beat.

But, like you said, if we don't start to take our opportunities, we won't. Forget the Dogs, we won't be beating anybody.

Good thing execution is a repetitions issue, not a talent one.

Baffling.

They watch highlights. They’ve beaten the knights , titans and a depleted roosters . Let’s take it easy with the praise .
We will go fine . They have strike in that edge with Kikau . You shut Kikau down you shut down the dogs .

No they don't.

Their hooker is average. They don't have a halfback. Their front row stocks are light on and their forward pack, outside of Kikau is underwhelming.

What they do have is a strong backline. You're correct, they're taking their chances, we're not. That's an indication that we're creating chances. No matter who we're playing, if we continue that way, we won't win anything. That is a bug in this side, it doesn't define this side.

I stated that we are capable of taking care of them. Which we are. If we play poorly, we won't. It's a pretty straightforward stance.

What is there to be 'concerned' about? Not winning?

Four game losing streak? So what? Have they played the same opposition? Have they been without key members of their side recently? They've lost to the Sharks and Parramatta. Easily. We've beaten both. They've lost to the Rabbits (last) and beaten the Titans (worst side in the comp) and Roosters (who completed at 69%) and Newcastle (with a shot-duck Ponga).

Talk to me about comparing the two teams' records once they've played the two Grand Finalists back to back.

They're getting the wins to show their improvement, we're not.

As bad as we've been in attack, we were within a try of the Dolphins and a cruel bounce of the ball away from being 3 tries a piece versus the Dragons. Both games we were missing a piece of our spine, lost our VC and our form forward in Fainu. We then pushed the premiers away from home, despite some outrageous calls and were soundly beaten by what is probably the best side in the comp at the moment, who, despite the howls of them being a bit off, were unbelievable in defence.

I'm not saying we're better than them. I'm not saying we will win. I'm saying we are capable of handling them.

I'd say we will most likely win the forward battle again. I'd say we will create opportunities to score (our attack is getting a little better each week as the combinations slowly improve). If we take them, we're every chance.

They're in the same group of teams as us. They've just grabbed their opportunities and we glaringly haven't.

So, I'll reiterate; we have the personnel to win this game. Canterbury is a side we can beat.

But, like you said, if we don't start to take our opportunities, we won't. Forget the Dogs, we won't be beating anybody.

Good thing execution is a repetitions issue, not a talent one.
You can't beat anyone if you can't score points. Their capacity to score points given their strike power is an advantage they have over us and there is no evidence to show in our last 4 games that we have found a way to overcome the problem. You could argue that we played 4 teams that had great defensive structures that prevented us from scoring, but considering we were in a position to score on numerous occasions against all those teams and couldn't Id say the problem rests squarely with the squad and if we can't improve it by next week it is highly likely we will lose.

Where’s the strike all over the park ? They have a centre and a back rower . Every body else is a huge “?”. As much as our team. Especially in the middle .
I think we need to chill with the wrist cutting . Most teams will lose to the broncos and panthers , for very different reasons , this year .
Wait until round 12 before we make any assessment .

You can't beat anyone if you can't score points. Their capacity to score points given their strike power is an advantage they have over us and there is no evidence to show in our last 4 games that we have found a way to overcome the problem. You could argue that we played 4 teams that had great defensive structures that prevented us from scoring, but considering we were in a position to score on numerous occasions against all those teams and couldn't Id say the problem rests squarely with the squad and if we can't improve it by next week it is highly likely we will lose.
I essentially said that very thing.

We've shown we can score points, just not in the last several weeks.

So, I'll reiterate, we are capable of beating them. Just as they are capable of beating us.

That is, if their middle can hold their own...

Where’s the strike all over the park ? They have a centre and a back rower . Every body else is a huge “?”. As much as our team. Especially in the middle .
I think we need to chill with the wrist cutting . Most teams will lose to the broncos and panthers , for very different reasons , this year .
Round 27.

Knights won 10-odd straight to end last year, Rabbits fell off a cliff.

The draw and form can do funny things.

I think the Bulldogs are a little ahead of us. Not in roster, just in execution. But that's about it.

It's close to a 50/50 game this weekend in my opinion.

JAC is in stellar form as is Kikau. They have the arguably the best centre in the competition and Burtons bombs are as good as they get and have the capacity wreak havoc with Kikau's kick chase. Connor Tracey is proving to be a great link man and Burton can finish off any backline move with his running game
No wrist cutting but if we are going to win we need to find a way to convert our opportunities because they have the players that are more than capable of converting theirs.

Back