Bulldogs next week…

I also think the bench rotation is an issue. This is impacting our attack more than our defence in my opinion.
Api needs a break. His defensive efforts are admirable but I think it’s impacting his attacking guile as he simply uses too much energy. I would bring Simpkin into the squad and play him 10-15 minutes either side of halftime.
Twal or Seyfarth (not both). They both show great effort and are good defenders but do not have much flair in attack or go forward. My initial feeling is to get an impact prop and drop Twal as Seyfarth can cover more positions in case of injury.
Sezer to bench (or cup). I think he tries hard but is probably a yard or two off the pace nowadays. We should use his experience in the back end of games but we couldn’t carry him and Simpkin on bench.

Tigers need to bring in TDS when match fit to spell Api but speed up his development in first grade. We are not close to the big guns Broncos had us covered on every break just stronger, fitter, faster and it wasn’t really close. We are much improved this year but effort won’t win games against the best teams.

Tigers need to bring in TDS when match fit to spell Api but speed up his development in first grade. We are not close to the big guns Broncos had us covered on every break just stronger, fitter, faster and it wasn’t really close. We are much improved this year but effort won’t win games against the best teams.
I like TDS but he has a long way to go. Needs a good run in Flegg then Cup then NRL. He played limited minutes in cup yesterday and looked a bit off the pace for mine. Don’t think we can rush him just yet.

I like TDS but he has a long way to go. Needs a good run in Flegg then Cup then NRL. He played limited minutes in cup yesterday and looked a bit off the pace for mine. Don’t think we can rush him just yet.
Not ready yet but as the season progresses.

Reactions: 851
I think in the front row we have got them, their backs however are real dangerous
I disagree slightly, Grongos have the most lethal outside backs. And we did well enough to contain them.
Couple more wins for us will really turn things around, especially in the confidence department

Dogs are improving by the week and we just making the odd small steps. Dog should win but it will not be a belting and if we can jag a call or two we could surprise . We badly need a win or the heads will start to drop and it’s hard to maintain effort without results

what do you think our glaring weaknesses are?? I fancy us next week
Bankable backs.

We are getting better with Olam and Naden. FInally we see Staines do something on the field.
But were trudging out a rookie:

Solomon Alaimalo​

Naturally our spine is still pretty rough. Sezer is veering back to what I feared he would be, a problematic half.

I still don't think the Spine/Halves is the biggest problem. We seem to be able to set up the tries but could not convert enough opportunities against Brisbane or Penrith.
Their Defense was greater then our attack. Yes we had poor setup, but we also had a poor ability to cross the line.

This should change next year with Olam, Naden, Staines and Turuva... This is a fairly solid backline and probably the most experienced backline we would be fielding in a long while. Sadly, both Staines and Naden have been in our team awhile and don't seem to have formed a combination at all. Pairings take time.

Olam Grossly under-used! Pass his way and he looks dangerous.

Ofcourse Galvin and Sezer aren't giving the team good opportunities. But that's in part Brisbane and Penrith, two strong defenders who's strong defense make any teams attack look crap. .... Benji needs to work in a bit of magic with the two halves.

Naturally if they keep not performing, Fainu and Sullivan get a chance again. Happy to be ruthless here.

TDS doesn’t even look good at cup level… still a couple years away imo

All things considered, we are 14th. Still above Knights, Titans and most surprisingly, Souffs. On par with Parra and 2 points away from heavyweight such as Roosters and Cows. And yet I am sure that they would be expecting to be much higher.
They need to put in and so do we , for this game. But obviouly with a plan...

Reactions: 851
Dogs are improving by the week and we just making the odd small steps. Dog should win but it will not be a belting and if we can jag a call or two we could surprise . We badly need a win or the heads will start to drop and it’s hard to maintain effort without results
Had a feeling Stef’s performance last night may have been a result of this. He’s been going hard, putting a lot of effort into this season so far. It would be hard to maintain that if it wasn’t leading to any winning results.

Latest posts

Members online

Back