Book Club..

cochise

@Russell said in [NETFLIX FINDS](/post/1145054) said:
@cochise said in [NETFLIX FINDS](/post/1143850) said:
Looking forward to season 4 of Last Kingdom coming out this week!

Fantastic show and the Bernard Cornwell novels are even better.

Unusually I haven't read the novels, may have to do that!

@cochise said in [NETFLIX FINDS](/post/1145065) said:

Just bought the 11th. one Cochise, haven't read it yet, but the other ten were teriffic, obviously a lot more detail than the series. He is a great writer and keeps you interested on every page.

@Russell said in [NETFLIX FINDS](/post/1145111) said:

Just bought the 11th. one Cochise, haven't read it yet, but the other ten were teriffic, obviously a lot more detail than the series. He is a great writer and keeps you interested on every page.

100% my style of books, I usually drift more to the medieval fantasy genre slightly more than the more realistic type books. I'll check it out in the next couple of weeks. Thanks for the tip!

@cochise said in [NETFLIX FINDS](/post/1145112) said:

100% my style of books, I usually drift more to the medieval fantasy genre slightly more than the more realistic type books. I'll check it out in the next couple of weeks. Thanks for the tip!

Have you read any of David Gemmells stuff Cochise?

@Wagga_Tiger said in [NETFLIX FINDS](/post/1145117) said:

No but just checked him out and will be reading soon. I once read about 22 Raymond E Feist books in 12 months so these could be my new obsession lol. Now to decide which series to hit first! The Last Kingdom or the Gemmell books lol

@cochise said in [NETFLIX FINDS](/post/1145122) said:

No but just checked him out and will be reading soon. I once read about 22 Raymond E Feist books in 12 months so these could be my new obsession lol. Now to decide which series to hit first! The Last Kingdom or the Gemmell books lol

Feist is fantastic, not long finished re reading them all, if you start Gemmell go with Legend first and then do the rest in order. Sounds weird but its a great way to start his books.

@Wagga_Tiger said in [NETFLIX FINDS](/post/1145123) said:

Feist is fantastic, not long finished re reading them all, if you start Gemmell go with Legend first and then do the rest in order. Sounds weird but its a great way to start his books.

Feist is my favourite author, reading about Gemmell on Wikipedia and I think he would be right in my wheelhouse. I might actually order Legend tonight and start it next week. Thanks for the tip mate!

@cochise said in [NETFLIX FINDS](/post/1145124) said:

Feist is my favourite author, reading about Gemmell on Wikipedia and I think he would be right in my wheelhouse. I might actually order Legend tonight and start it next week. Thanks for the tip mate!

I'm with you on Feist, read every one of his books and can't wait for his second novel in the Firemane series due out later this year.

@willow said in [NETFLIX FINDS](/post/1145250) said:
@cochise said in [NETFLIX FINDS](/post/1145124) said:

I'm with you on Feist, read every one of his books and can't wait for his second novel in the Firemane series due out later this year.

I with you on that mate, when starting this account on here I was very close to using the name Crydee as my username!

Might have to find my copy of Magician. Robin Hobb is my favorite author, I generally only read fantasy too.

@old_man_tiger said in [NETFLIX FINDS](/post/1145277) said:
Might have to find my copy of Magician. Robin Hobb is my favorite author, I generally only read fantasy too.

I read two Books of the Soldier Son trilogy but found it hard to get through, are her other books better than these?

@Wagga_Tiger said in [NETFLIX FINDS](/post/1145346) said:

I read two Books of the Soldier Son trilogy but found it hard to get through, are her other books better than these?

Try the "Rain Wild Chronicles",i find Robin Hobb to be a very good author but she is a little different from both Feist and Gemmell.I am mainly a fantasy reader also.

@Wagga_Tiger said in [NETFLIX FINDS](/post/1145346) said:

Soldier son is my least favorite. Farseer trilogy is what I'd recommend, but it is a bit more of a reflective slow-burn than other fantasy books.

All the other books in that world are good too imo (liveship, rain wild etc)

@jadtiger said in [NETFLIX FINDS](/post/1145359) said:
Tad Williams and Terrey Goodkind are also decent fantasy writers

After 15 years I just re-read memory, sorrow and thorn only to learn he has started writing in that world again after a 20 year break. The new books are good too.

@old_man_tiger said in [NETFLIX FINDS](/post/1145415) said:
Sorry mods, should I start a book thread?

Yes, maybe make it fantasy for us nerds lol

@old_man_tiger said in [NETFLIX FINDS](/post/1145414) said:
@jadtiger said in [NETFLIX FINDS](/post/1145359) said:
Tad Williams and Terrey Goodkind are also decent fantasy writers

After 15 years I just re-read memory, sorrow and thorn only to learn he has started writing in that world again after a 20 year break. The new books are good too.

I will have to check it out i wasnt aware Williams had gone back to that world

@jadtiger said in [NETFLIX FINDS](/post/1145420) said:
Am happy to be called a nerd in regards to reading

Me too, but I consider myself a cool nerd lol

Latest posts

Staff online

Back