Any word on Chee-kam

Tcat

Anyone have any info on Chee? It's not great to witness a head injury like that and hope he's recovering well. Best wishes for a speedy recovery mate.

His partner posted a photo on instagram of her with him in hosp giving a thumbs up. Looks ok, but must be given some time off I imagine.

@Moh said in [Any word on Chee\-kam](/post/1188535) said:
His partner posted a photo on instagram of her with him in hosp giving a thumbs up. Looks ok, but must be given some time off I imagine.

Cheers mate.

That was uncomfortable viewing. Thought it was Mbye at first, till I realised he was on the other side of the field. Didn’t even see him come on. Must have only been on for 1 set.

@Moh said in [Any word on Chee\-kam](/post/1188535) said:

Thanks for sharing.

Wests Tigers forward Michael Chee-Kam has returned home from hospital after suffering a sickening head knock in the first half of Thursday night's loss to the Eels.He posted on social media on Friday to assure fans he was OK and on the road to recovery.

The Tigers had earlier announced the second-rower was "now home from hospital and recovering well from last night’s incident. He will continue to be monitored closely by the club’s medical staff".

Chee-Kam had just come onto the field for his first stint but got his head in an awkward position while attempting a tackle on Shaun Lane in the 27th minute. The game was stopped for several minutes while Chee-Kam was taken from the field on a medicab.

Chee-Kam was one of a host of casualties from Friday night's match. Eels back-rower Ryan Matterson and Wests Tigers fullback Adam Doueihi also failed HIA's after head knocks. All three will need to pass concussion protocol to be able to play next week.

The question now becomes whether he will be available next week, although with the personnel we have coming back, I'd suggest he won't be in the top 17 next week.

Does he have epilepsy or something or is having a fit after a concussion normal? So glad he's ok.

@willow said in [Any word on Chee\-kam](/post/1189299) said:
The question now becomes whether he will be available next week, although with the personnel we have coming back, I'd suggest he won't be in the top 17 next week.

Surely you would have to give him a rest, even purely for optics.

@gallagher said in [Any word on Chee\-kam](/post/1189306) said:
Does he have epilepsy or something or is having a fit after a concussion normal? So glad he's ok.

Yes people can suffer a seizure after a head knock. I severe head injury can actually cause epilepsy to develop.

@cochise said in [Any word on Chee\-kam](/post/1189433) said:

Yes people can suffer a seizure after a head knock. I severe head injury can actually cause epilepsy to develop.

Holy crap. Surely a month off at the very least after that reaction.

@gallagher said in [Any word on Chee\-kam](/post/1189509) said:
@cochise said in [Any word on Chee\-kam](/post/1189433) said:

Holy crap. Surely a month off at the very least after that reaction.

A guy I played with got a bad head knock playing for Tumut, he developed epilepsy after it and couldn't drive for a year.

Wests Tigers are expecting to have Alex Twal, Luke Garner and Robert Jennings available for selection against the Warriors on Friday night.

Fullback Adam Doueihi (head knock) is also expected to take his place provided he keeps progressing through HIA protocols. But the club is taking it slow with Michael Chee Kam, who went to hospital on Thursday night after a sickening head knock against the Eels.

The versatile back-rower returned home on Friday in good spirits but is yet to restart training.

Twal (knee) and Jennings (hamstring) have been sidelined since round six, while Garner (head knock) missed last week.

@willow said in [Any word on Chee\-kam](/post/1189299) said:

You’d think so. He should be a depth player at best.

Irrespective of we think of MCK as a player, his long term health is paramount so I would give him 4 weeks off then more tests before he joins training again.

@Magpie1969 said in [Any word on Chee\-kam](/post/1190914) said:
Irrespective of we think of MCK as a player, his long term health is paramount so I would give him 4 weeks off then more tests before he joins training again.

Possibly shouldn't play again this season

Latest posts

Back