All our key players come off contract 2017

TYGA

Does anyone have any idea why we have the following players coming off contract in 2017?
Luke Brooks, Robbie farah, Matthew Lodge, Kevin Naiqama, Mitchell Moses, James Tedesco, Aaaron Woods, Nofo, Simona, Curtis Sironen.

I just noticed the default date on Balmain's debt to the NRL is May 2016 at which, time their shares are sold if they are non financial. I sense player agents see something coming.

@TYGA said:
Does anyone have any idea why we have the following players coming off contract in 2017?
Luke Brooks, Robbie farah, Matthew Lodge, Kevin Naiqama, Mitchell Moses, James Tedesco, Aaaron Woods, Nofo, Simona, Curtis Sironen.

I just noticed the default date on Balmain's debt to the NRL is May 2016 at which, time their shares are sold if they are non financial. I sense player agents see something coming.

The new TV deal comes into effect in 2018 with that an increase in the Salary cap…Pretty much all player managers are aligning their clients at every Club to co-incide with this...DCE excepted...

@TYGA said:

Because we become the Perth Tigers in 2018?

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

@Geo. said:
@TYGA said:

The new TV deal comes into effect in 2018 with that an increase in the Salary cap…Pretty much all player managers are aligning their clients at every Club to co-incide with this...DCE excepted...

All good makes sense.

dont worry all the above will have moved on and we will start a new,WITH, look at at the talent we have coming though. and the cycle will start again, with give IT 2-3 years and we will…................

@TYGA said:

Most of those players will have been bought by the Roosters by then so we shouldn't have to worry too much about where the money will come from to resign them.

I also noticed that no player has been signed past 2017 which I thought was very strange.
Simona was recently signed for only two years when most of the quality player re signings previously have been for 3 years.
Who knows what is being planned behind closed doors we may well be on our way to Perth.

They might not be key players come 2017\. We might be glad to see half of them gone.

Some of these players might not be here in 2017\. Contracts mean nothing and I wouldn't be surprised if some managers are looking at alternatives long before 2017
Unless some things change around here soon, some players would be wondering how much their value may drop if they are in a Crap team for too long

Take Moses, Brooks and Sironen for example, after the games they've played last year and this year they've shown very little .
While part of the blame must go to Taylor for his kindergarten game plan, it's the players on the field who will be remembered as playing crap football. And other clubs may not be as eager to sign them if they stay here too long. They might find it easier to get some personal reasons to leave early, it happens
The ironic thing is they may stay , as the contract that they're on now may be already bigger than what they can get elsewhere later
Remember our club doesn't try to keep the good players when they want to go, there's plenty of evidence of that policy

@TYGA said:

I just noticed the default date on Balmain's debt to the NRL is May 2016 at which, time their shares are sold if they are non financial. I sense player agents see something coming.[/quote

I'd say that as the next TV deal is in 2017, most managers wouldn't want their players to be tied up past that date, so they can get a slice of the increased SAlary Cap
If the United clubs put enough pressure on the Commission to give the clubs a bigger share of the deal , there will be even more money available to buy players.
Which makes it interesting that we want to buy players in 2016, or that's what they want us to believe, as we most probably will only be able to get them on a two year deal, that is unless we are going to pay overs, and start the cycle all over again.

@goldcoast tiger said:
@TYGA said:

I just noticed the default date on Balmain's debt to the NRL is May 2016 at which, time their shares are sold if they are non financial. I sense player agents see something coming.[/quote

I'd say that as the next TV deal is in 2017, most managers wouldn't want their players to be tied up past that date, so they can get a slice of the increased SAlary Cap
If the United clubs put enough pressure on the Commission to give the clubs a bigger share of the deal , there will be even more money available to buy players.
Which makes it interesting that we want to buy players in 2016, or that's what they want us to believe, as we most probably will only be able to get them on a two year deal, that is unless we are going to pay overs, and start the cycle all over again.

Sorry didn't see the previous answers about this topic

Back