Alcohol

I smoked for 20 years before being diagnosed with schizophrenia. It might accelerate a diagnosis but it's for those who are predisposed to getting it regardless. If weed gave you schizophrenia there would be a lot more schizophrenics in the population 1% of the population have it.
Research shows it doubles the chances of schizophrenic or psychosis if smoked before 25, not my research. Im not making it up, its a simple scientific fact.

Reactions: BZN
You're right. A few years ago I had surgery and when I left I was given 6 packets (24 tabs) of Endone for pain management and told to take it when I felt pain. I'd never heard of it. When my oldest son came home he asked me if I knew Endone's nickname. As I'd never heard of it I said no. He said it was referred to as 'hillbilly heroin" and was highly addictive. I was shocked that I was given Endone without any explanation of the risks.
Some years ago my wife developed bowel cancer and went through a botched operation for which she spent 3 months in a major Sydney hospital, half of which was in ICU.
She developed a real “thing” with Endone but thankfully was weaned off it over some weeks.
Strong stuff and very addictive. Handle with care.

obviously im not talking about the summary but the actual peer reviewed studies into the potency of THC content. you read all them?
Yep....heres one

• Love
Yep....heres one
or another

how many you want?

• Haha
Yep....heres one

Nope, you’re just googling until you find things that support your point ( which I don’t actually care about) you are saying you are a paid up member of Lancet and read the articles you used as evidence. Really simple question.

Nope, you’re just googling until you find things that support your point ( which I don’t actually care about) you are saying you are a paid up member of Lancet and read the articles you used as evidence. Really simple question.
Those articles are cited by the Lancet article and I get Lancet and other subscriptions through my university.

or another

how many you want?

I just clicked on some and I’m not sure how much time you’ve spent in academia but they are really poor examples if you’re looking for silver bullets. You speak in absolutes while the papers speak in “may” and “can” while specifically mentioning levels of THC as pillars of the study. Not really “pot causes more mental issues than booze”

Again, I don’t care and I haven’t ever or don’t smoke, I just don’t like dishonesty by people using science as weapons. Good luck to ya Cheech.

I just clicked on some and I’m not sure how much time you’ve spent in academia but they are really poor examples if you’re looking for silver bullets. You speak in absolutes while the papers speak in “may” and “can” while specifically mentioning levels of THC as pillars of the study. Not really “pot causes more mental issues than booze”

Again, I don’t care and I haven’t ever or don’t smoke, I just don’t like dishonesty by people using science as weapons. Good luck to ya Cheech.
Yeah you are right, better to just stick your head in the sand because you dont like the message or the messenger.....

Highlights​

• Between 2006 and 2015, the rate of hospitalizations for cannabis-relatedmental or behavioural disorders in Canada rose from 2.11 to 5.18 per100 000.
  • Males consistently accounted forover two-thirds of all hospitalizationsfor cannabis-related mentalor behavioural disorders.
  • Young people aged 15 to 24 years represented the greatest proportion of hospitalizations (between 49%and 58%) of any age group.
  • Over the entire study period, psychotic disorder was the most common clinical condition amonghospitalizations for cannabis-relatedmental or behavioural disorders,and accounted for 48.0% of cannabis-related hospitalizations in 2015.
  • Between 2006 and 2015, the rate ofhospitalizations due to cannabisrelatedpsychotic disorder tripled,from 0.80 to 2.49 per 100 000.

When weed became popular in the 60s the schizophrenia rate didn't rise.
2024 weed is nothing like 2024 weed.

Rates of hospitalisation for cannabis induced psychosis in Canada more than doubled 2006 to 2015 and increased by 220% since 2014-2017

had a mate and an uncle diagnosed with bladder cancer, both smoked. When my mate went to see the doctor, the first thing the doctor said was you have to stop smoking. Apparently pretty much all bladder cancer is smoking related.
Good post Mistymuzzle...everyone knows about lung and throat cancer from smoking, but I doubt many would know [as I didn't] how common bladder cancer is related to smoking.
Thanks for bringing it to the forefront on the forum.
For all those that don't read my posts [and there are probably lots] they'll hopefully read yours and get the message.

Can we nominate this as the dumbest post of the year? March too early?
If you keep on smoking those foot long cigars WC you'd better watch out :unsure:.
The way you have it hangin out of the corner of your mouth, lip and tongue cancer is a possibility.

Some years ago my wife developed bowel cancer and went through a botched operation for which she spent 3 months in a major Sydney hospital, half of which was in ICU.
She developed a real “thing” with Endone but thankfully was weaned off it over some weeks.
Strong stuff and very addictive. Handle with care.
Totally mate. It should be much better controlled than it is.
Sounds like your wife had a terrible experience. I hope she’s had a positive outcome.

Latest posts

Members online

Back