4 weeks for Sezers hip drop

NRLS MOST HATED 🔒

We need to embrace this.
Ala Detroit Pistons, bad boy era.

We need to play tough and let these other teams know that the NRL hates us and we hate them too.

That's the only way forward.
You play the Tigers, you're going to feel it till your next game.

What they going to do?
Suspend all our players.
Oh well.

The NRL will if they keep being drop kicks.

Seyfarth was dumb, headbut is nearly the dumbest movement a player can do.

I thought at the time it wasnt a hip drop

No way on earth I thought it was dangerous, but watching Sezar hook his foot around Currans leg I have to change my mind
It was ordinary. Curran was lucky he didn’t suffer a serious injury.

I thought at the time it wasnt a hip drop

No way on earth I thought it was dangerous, but watching Sezar hook his foot around Currans leg I have to change my mind

Agree. If the foot doesn’t lock in it’s a nothing tackle but can see why he got hit with a suspension for it.

Agree. If the foot doesn’t lock in it’s a nothing tackle but can see why he got hit with a suspension for it.
My take, potential serious injury to ball carrier, even though that happens in every game, however, incident in isolation made it more pronounced. Add that to, I think, 3 previous offences and bingo, there you have it. Note that there was no delay by Sezer or the Tigers in accepting the penalty so assume legal advice said it was all fairly obvious.

Also, I just watched Annesleys review and was also interested in the bunker audio re the Warriors disallowed try. At no stage did either the referee or bunker make mention of even a possible penalty try. Was that because the winger was deemed to have taken a fair catch but ball carrying arm was not interfered with coz I would have thought that a mid air tackle in goal after catching the ball was enough reason to award the try.

Rules on the run. Every tackle made can be deemed dangerous it's a collision sport and none more so when trying to prevent a player from scoring.
Now not a hip drop because we we could have defended that and also supports ref not sending him to the bin - instead just dangerous with a severe grading and justifies 4 weeks suspension..Annesley must lie awake every Sunday night creating the mop up script.

Failed right wing politician and nobody knows how to spread BS as much as those people

NRLS MOST HATED 🔒

We need to embrace this.
Ala Detroit Pistons, bad boy era.

We need to play tough and let these other teams know that the NRL hates us and we hate them too.

That's the only way forward.
You play the Tigers, you're going to feel it till your next game.

What they going to do?
Suspend all our players.
Oh well.
Duuuddeee. You are comparing a team who won NBA Championships to a team in contention for a third consecutive spoon. And what’s the motive for hating us? a lot accuse them of it, but always stop short of providing a motive. We’re pretty good at keeping ourselves down, I don’t think we need any help. Kind of reminds me of that old saying, when your enemy is making a mistake, don’t interfere.

EXPLAINER

Should have been binned: Bunker missed the dangerous contact element of Sezer's tackle​

Graham Annesley chats to the media during his Football Operations briefing following Round 9 of the NRL Telstra Premiership
"It was the locking of the leg"....
I see, so it’s a hip drop off tackle. Still dangerous but the bunker had never seen a hip drop off tackle before and that created the confusion.

Seems to be the smaller players getting pinged for these tackles. The only big forward I remember doing it is Payne Haas and it was a desperation tackle to stop a try. The trouble is that players are now so huge, and there's a ton of pressure to not miss tackles. Sometimes it seems that small players get in situations where they have a choice of dropping their weight or letting go and falling off the tackle. If they can think that quickly.

Yeah sezar should of got 2 weeks for that tackle but he was playing rubbish so not a bad result. Agree bring the young halves in. Not gor nothing to lose.
Yeah glad hes got the time off

The NRL will if they keep being drop kicks.

Seyfarth was dumb, headbut is nearly the dumbest movement a player can do.
A trip used to be pretty bad to, But it seems its not being even a penalty makes it a pretty good safe way when making a tackle these days, just stick out your leg,
It's getting to risky making a tackle these days.
Penalties for a multitude of things when you get to involved in in a tackle, but stick out your leg and you won't invoke a head high penalty nor a hipdrop or a crusher or chicken wing, and no injury worries for you.

THESE IDIOTS RUNNING THE GAME, ARE DESTROYING IT.

Back