2021 Tour de France

cochise

The Tour de France gets started tonight, anyone watching and interested in chatting?

The Tour is one of my favourite sporting events of the year. The women's race is on as well and starts in about an hour.

![route.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1624685808816-route.jpg)

Absolutley love the tour and cant wait for it to start tonight.

10 Aussies is exciting too

@boonboon said in [2021 Tour de France](/post/1398342) said:

Porte has been in pretty good form as well, I'm sitting here watching the women now.

@balmainjnr said in [2021 Tour de France](/post/1398350) said:
I miss Phil Leggett.

So do I, should still be commentating for SBS. He still covers the race for NBC and ITV, wish we would take his commentary. He and Paul Sherwen were a huge part of the race for me.

@cochise said in [2021 Tour de France](/post/1398344) said:

Porte has been in pretty good form as well, I'm sitting here watching the women now.

He's apparently not going for the overall win unfortunately. It'd would've been nice to see him win one given how much misfortune he's had over the years.

@nelson said in [2021 Tour de France](/post/1398355) said:
@cochise said in [2021 Tour de France](/post/1398344) said:

He's apparently not going for the overall win unfortunately. It'd would've been nice to see him win one given how much misfortune he's had over the years.

His team didn't announce any leader when announcing the squad and that kind of fits with how the team has raced all year.

I think he actually choose to take on a smaller role, but it only takes one poor stage from Thomas and co and the team will focus on Porte.

@cochise said in [2021 Tour de France](/post/1398320) said:
The Tour de France gets started tonight, anyone watching and interested in chatting?

The Tour is one of my favourite sporting events of the year. The women's race is on as well and starts in about an hour.

A / Hope it is clean

B/ Respect these blokes

C / Go the Aussies

@happy_tiger said in [2021 Tour de France](/post/1398381) said:

A / Hope it is clean

B/ Respect these blokes

C / Go the Aussies

Men in Lycra riding pushies should be banned

I watch it for the scenery of the Alps, and the history of the small towns and castles
Staying up till all hours of the morning watching
But I don't understand why the last day is always a forgone conclusion
No one tries to win
I actually enjoy watching
As a youngen, I also stayed up to watch Alan Bond and John Bertrund kick American arse to be the 1st country to take America's cup away from them

@cairnstigers said in [2021 Tour de France](/post/1398470) said:

I watch it for the scenery of the Alps, and the history of the small towns and castles
No one tries to win
As a youngen, I also stayed up to watch Alan Bond and John Bertrund kick American arse to be the 1st country to take America's cup away from them

I know a lot of people who watch for the same reason. Basically the last day is a forgone conclusion because it is a flat stage and the peleton won't let a contender to get away like that.

@cochise said in [2021 Tour de France](/post/1398481) said:
@cairnstigers said in [2021 Tour de France](/post/1398470) said:

No one tries to win

I know a lot of people who watch for the same reason. Basically the last day is a forgone conclusion because it is a flat stage and the peleton won't let a contender to get away like that.

But there is no reason why you wouldn't try anyway

If it was me and you had less than a minute to catch up ....just go for it ...so many riders get injured in falls .....

yeah I'll watch - more of a casual viewer, but love etc sprints and those massive hills. always a great event.

bein in a tail wind of 200 sweating smelly b hole.s is not a sport lol

Love the Tour.
Watch it every year and will never forget Cadel Evens efforts year in year out just so much guts to even be competitive. Would love Richie to have a crack but can’t see it this year. The scenery is always spectacular & key facts about landmarks is awesome. Have been to a few spots where they have raised 2yrs ago which was a buzz.

Members online

Back