Your team vs Bulldogs

I don't understand what's happened to our attack. We put 32 points on Cronulla who have only lost the one game and have the best defence to date. They have only had 68 points scored against them in the 6 other games. So what did we do in that game that we are not doing now.
We got a couple of lucky bounces of the ball and the rub of the green with some refereeing decisions that night.

We got a couple of lucky bounces of the ball and the rub of the green with some refereeing decisions that night.
Yep, exactly.

We got that night what the other teams we've played recently have gotten against us. We've had a lean run in the luck department which has emphasised our weaknesses, attack in particular, which has impacted the bottom line; wins.

Well said, Captain Obvious :)
I was drawing a distinction between needing to be at our very best to beat the Bulldogs

vs.

improving but not necessarily playing out of our skin being enough to win.

My stance was it was more the latter.

Sometimes reading the whole thread helps; context is important.

Yeh that's my first thought on this topic... Who do we have on our right edge Fainu Naden & Staimes?
Good.luck.to them
We might go out to this game.depending on a few things. Maybe away fro CSS. &.O.we.mighr jag a Win
Do we have any players on report?

I watched reserve grade on tele last Saturday and there were no performances to get excited about
.I had hopes for the winger, lobb, from saints but was disappointed.
I think the Tigers best performances, against the sharks and Parra, have coincided with the form of Api.
He ran on against the dolphins with an upper leg guard on.
He looks jaded in a team struggling to score points.His clever play from dummy half is vital.
He now has a crook back after being tackled on Saturday night.
How Api is used over the next fortnight will determine how successful the team is,I think.

I watched reserve grade on tele last Saturday and there were no performances to get excited about
.I had hopes for the winger, lobb, from saints but was disappointed.
I think the Tigers best performances, against the sharks and Parra, have coincided with the form of Api.
He ran on against the dolphins with an upper leg guard on.
He looks jaded in a team struggling to score points.His clever play from dummy half is vital.
He now has a crook back after being tackled on Saturday night.
How Api is used over the next fortnight will determine how successful the team is,I think.
API making to many tackles it is affecting his ball playing ,

S.Fainu should be kept in the backrow
ICE should go back to the bench
The other Fainu Sione should be brought on the bench replacing Seyfarth
L.Fainu to #6
I would be dropping Twal before Seyfarth. I also thought Paps was good against the broncos. Yes we were limited in attack but look at the teams we have faced.

1.Bula
2.Naden
3.Olam
4.Bateman
5.Staines
6.Galvin
7.Sezer
8.Utoikimano
9.Korisau
10.Klemmer
11.papalii
12.Sam Fainu
13.Pole
14.Simpkin
15.Seyfarth
16.Twal
17.Matamua

I think our winger Solomon had a go but failed to mark up
I think Bateman looks and is built and is a capable center

I agree, but I don't think we need to be at our best to beat them, we just need to be better.
Do you mean we just need to be better than we have been or just better than they are?

I wish we were always better than our opponents.

Back