12\. Matterson
13\. Twal

14\. Aloiai
15\. Musgrove
16\. MCK
17\. ET

Swap ET for Mikaele.

Agreed Mikaele is a weapon.
I’d be giving him and Twal as 1st grade as possible.

To be honest here, the more and more I look at it, im finding hard to fit Chris Lawrence into my starting squad:

8\. Packer
9\. Farah
10\. Matulino
11\. Matterson
12\. Garner
13\. Twal

14\. Eisenthuth
15\. MCK
16\. Aloiai
17\. Mikaela

If true and we have signed Musgrove he's be in my starting squad, probably over Aloiai.

MCK has to be on the bench as the utility player backing up as a back or forward.

Can't agree with you on that. Lawrence is still a better player than Garner at this stage of their careers and is way in front of Eisenhuth, MCK and Aloiai. He can also still fill in as a centre if there is a game time injury in the backline.

@ said:
Can't agree with you on that. Lawrence is still a better player than Garner at this stage of their careers and is way in front of Eisenhuth, MCK and Aloiai. He can also still fill in as a centre if there is a game time injury in the backline.

Lawrence is going well in the 2nd row but his days as a centre are gone.He was moved to the 2nd row because he just dosent have the lateral mobility to defend in the centres

@ said:

Definitely better than the three you mentioned - agree.

What a difference a few months make.

2018 without a shadow of a doubt our best forward.

Go to 2019 - can't get in the 17.

You guys slay me.

A lot of people have Mikaele as a walk-up start in their 17\. Can't recall seeing him standing out much in the ISP games that were televised this season. Hopefully others who regularly watched ISP have seen him show a bit more promise.

@ said:
A lot of people have Mikaele as a walk-up start in their 17\. Can't recall seeing him standing out much in the ISP games that were televised this season. Hopefully others who regularly watched ISP have seen him show a bit more promise.

Forward equivalent of T. Gamble.

Nah, hope he kicks on.
Has an imposing frame.
Time will tell.

*Not a haiku.

@ said:
To be honest here, the more and more I look at it, im finding hard to fit Chris Lawrence into my starting squad:

8\. Packer
9\. Farah
10\. Matulino
11\. Matterson
12\. Garner
13\. Twal

14\. Eisenthuth
15\. MCK
16\. Aloiai
17\. Mikaela

If true and we have signed Musgrove he's be in my starting squad, probably over Aloiai.

MCK has to be on the bench as the utility player backing up as a back or forward.

Are you kidding? You are going to put Aloiai and Eisenhuth in front of Lawrence?

Give yourself an uppercut.

Excited to see what Garner looks like after his first full pre season in an NRL squad

He could seriously put 5-6 kgs on that frame and be a completely different unit again

@ said:
Excited to see what Garner looks like after his first full pre season in an NRL squad

He could seriously put 5-6 kgs on that frame and be a completely different unit again

Yeah I'm also hopeful that a fulltime gig for Garner means he can put on a bit more muscle and take his game to the next level. He runs good lines but another 4-5kg of muscle would make him much more effective.

@ said:

He only started playing ISP at the back end of last year and did well in the games he played. Part of it is just wanting to see something new (a lot of people had Felise in their 17 last year), part of it is that he’s been hyped for a few years now and part of it is that Maguire is a coach that’s likely to give a young bloke a shot.

@ said:
@ said:

8\. Packer
9\. Farah
10\. Matulino
11\. Matterson
12\. Garner
13\. Twal

14\. Eisenthuth
15\. MCK
16\. Aloiai
17\. Mikaela

Are you kidding? You are going to put Aloiai and Eisenhuth in front of Lawrence?

It's funny everyone is asking for bigger, more robust back rowers .. but when we suggest players in the back row we get people saying are you kidding .. no Lawrence .. Lawrence is 188cm tall and only just in full kit 100kgs. I have always like Lawrence in the side, but he just too small to do the job required as a mobile bustling back rower these days. I hope he proves me wrong.

@ said:

This will be Garner's 2nd full pre-season with the full time NRL squad …he trained in 2018 along with a few others from ISP and flegg...

Same will happen again this year ...

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

8\. Packer
9\. Farah
10\. Matulino
11\. Matterson
12\. Garner
13\. Twal

14\. Eisenthuth
15\. MCK
16\. Aloiai
17\. Mikaela

It's funny everyone is asking for bigger, more robust back rowers .. but when we suggest players in the back row we get people saying are you kidding .. no Lawrence .. Lawrence is 188cm tall and only just in full kit 100kgs. I have always like Lawrence in the side, but he just too small to do the job required as a mobile bustling back rower these days. I hope he proves me wrong.

Scored six tries this year. Must be doing something right.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

8\. Packer
9\. Farah
10\. Matulino
11\. Matterson
12\. Garner
13\. Twal

14\. Eisenthuth
15\. MCK
16\. Aloiai
17\. Mikaela

Scored six tries this year. Must be doing something right.

Seven TRIES ..thank you

@ said:
@ said:

Yeah I'm also hopeful that a fulltime gig for Garner means he can put on a bit more muscle and take his game to the next level. He runs good lines but another 4-5kg of muscle would make him much more effective.

I agree he seems to have the brains for first-grade but not quite the physique or confidence.

Latest posts

Back