WT heading towards financial sustainability?

InBenjiWeTrust

'_While the privately owned Broncos and Storm topped the list of 16 clubs where players would like to be, the Dragons, Wests Tigers ( :pray: ), Titans and Knights polled in the top half, despite the publicity these clubs were under hock to the NRL, either by loans or direct ownership_.'
\
\
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/club-balance-sheets-a-lure-for-players-as-power-base-change-shape-20180824-p4zzk2.html

@ said:
@ said:
I think Balmain owe the NRL money not Wests Tigers

I think Balmain owe Wests Ashfield money… and we under any banner are clear to the nrl.

The sooner the better that everybody including the media understand that the WestsTigers are not a joint venture they are owned by the West’s group that paid out 20 million to the Nrl to cover Balmains debt.
IMO the club will never have its own identity until the realities of the situation is made clear and people do not think otherwise .

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

I think Balmain owe Wests Ashfield money… and we under any banner are clear to the nrl.

The sooner the better that everybody including the media understand that the WestsTigers are not a joint venture they are owned by the West’s group that paid out 20 million to the Nrl to cover Balmains debt.
IMO the club will never have its own identity until the realities of the situation is made clear and people do not think otherwise .

Why do we not have our own identity?

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Because the club is owned by Wests.

Why they loaned Balmain money is beyond me. They will never get it back.

West's Magpies should be the clubs identity.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

What a load of crap. Balmain dug magpies our of a hole years ago. I thought all this garbage was dead. We are WestsTigers- get over it

As a (very) old Magpie, I can't agree that we should be called Wests Magpies. Both clubs agreed that it should be Wests Tigers and the situation is that Wests, a couple of years back, granted Balmain 25% of the club even though Balmain were broke and in debt to the NRL. If Balmain can't repay the NRL on time, then they will cease to have any part of Wests Tigers.

I just think the club that we follow now is and always will be Wests Tigers, it is registered with the NRL under this name and they will never agree to a name change, which, in my opinion, is for the best. The thing that we all should acknowledge is that this club sprang from the Magpies and the Tigers and we shouldn't forget our history.

Go you mighty Wests Tigers!!!!!!!!!

@ said:
As a (very) old Magpie, I can't agree that we should be called Wests Magpies. Both clubs agreed that it should be Wests Tigers and the situation is that Wests, a couple of years back, granted Balmain 25% of the club even though Balmain were broke and in debt to the NRL. If Balmain can't repay the NRL on time, then they will cease to have any part of Wests Tigers.

I just think the club that we follow now is and always will be Wests Tigers, it is registered with the NRL under this name and they will never agree to a name change, which, in my opinion, is for the best. The thing that we all should acknowledge is that this club sprang from the Magpies and the Tigers and we shouldn't forget our history.

Hear! Hear!

@ said:

Very well said. I wear my WestsTigers jersey with pride.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Don't feed the Troll

We are a joint venture , both clubs will have their days financially in the past and future

@ said:
No apostrophe in West's….I'm shocked coming from Col..it's WESTS Col....

Maybe John West bought the Magpies

Then the troll would be right , West's Magpies

@ said:
@ said:
No apostrophe in West's….I'm shocked coming from Col..it's WESTS Col....

Maybe John West bought the Magpies

Then the troll would be right , West's Magpies

Well i think John West is in charge of recruitment..the players other team rejects is what makes WESTS Tigers the best…

I find it interesting that clubs run at these big losses - average $1.9M yet somehow people still want to become owners and throw money at them. I get the doing it because you love the club angle but how long could you throw money away for?

I find it interesting that clubs run at these big losses - average $1.9M yet somehow people still want to become owners and throw money at them. I get the doing it because you love the club angle but how long could you throw money away for?

Latest posts

Back