Who will be our halves pairing in 2025?

Who will be our halves pairing in 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rugbygoated

I thought it would be good to have a bit of a prediction for our halves pairing in 2025. Who do we think?

It’s going to be a shoot out between Fainu and Sullivan (obviously) to partner young Jarome. I guess the one who misses out will be first cab off the rank if the pairing isn’t working out or if there is an injury.

It’s going to be a shoot out between Fainu and Sullivan (obviously) to partner young Jarome. I guess the one who misses out will be first cab off the rank if the pairing isn’t working out or if there is an injury.
I look forward to Bud teaching Romey the ropes

The subtext of this ridiculous speculative poll is "who firmly believes Luai will be a Tiger in 2025?"

The facts are that the journo Chammas who received the initial leak from Penrith (to enable a Nine camera crew to film the player huddle) - and claimed he had committed to the Tigers has been walking back the Tigers assumption ever since!

No pen to paper - no formal offer registered with the NRL to (as confirmed by Richardson) - so how anyone believes he has agreed to terms with the club is farcical!

Anyone who feels that level of confidence that Luai will be a Tiger in 2025 without insider info is either an eternal optimist (which rules out @GNR4LIFE ) - a savant - a tea leaf reader - or just delusional!

No point on speculating on the halves in 2025 until we know the roster!

Last edited:
At the moment, we have 60%+ saying our halves will be Luai/Fainu.

Every man and his dog can see we have a half that's surplus to requirements come 2025.

So 2024, our halves will likely be:
Sullivan/Sezer, with Fainu coming off the bench for a bit.

Both Fainu and Sullivan will have to prove their worth to keep a spot. I voted for Luai/Fainu and I fully believe that will be the halves pairing. That said, I am completely happy for Sullivan to compete and if he outplays Fainu then he can be our NR6 (or 7) if he earns it.

No idea what happens with Galvin. Our club will have to loose one of the halves and probably won't be able to keep him. Ofcourse Newcastle ran with Hastings, Gamble, Crossland and a bunch of other halves. It kinda worked for them and might for us.... Meh, we will be punting someone soon!

It's such a strange situation though for us. For years it's been the great LB hype.
Now it's which of Sullivan/Fainu/Galvin will actually proves themselves! Happy to offload whatever "talent" doesn't work hard next year.

I don't think I can put a vote in until there's a concrete announcement re: Luai. this could age like milk...

No idea what happens with Galvin. Our club will have to loose one of the halves and probably won't be able to keep him. Ofcourse Newcastle ran with Hastings, Gamble, Crossland and a bunch of other halves. It kinda worked for them and might for us.... Meh, we will be punting someone soon!
irrespective of what happens with Luai I don't think Galvin is going to be ready for regular first grade until midway thru 2025 at the earliest. he will get snapped in half at his current weight and despite his talent hasn't even played Flegg as yet.

as plenty of others have mentioned by the time he gets to a decent playing weight the penny may drop that he needs to play on an edge if he is going to have the career we know he can. lots to play out but with Moses moving in the shadows it's going to be a painful few years ahead of us.

Guys I’ve already given you the answer.
Cesar salad and Doohey.

Latest posts

Back