Who’s progressing best ?

Vicious

I know it’s early days, but can anyone tell us which of our younger players look to have developed well in regards to their aerobic capacity and adding muscle to their frame at this stage ?

The guy with pink tights under the black shorts. Looking good.
Release that fella.
Jordan Miller is one that hasn’t been mentioned much in recent times, but also has big expectations.
He looked to be carrying a bit of excess weight last time I saw him play, but he could very well have fixed that problem with hard training throughout the off season.

Release that fella.
Jordan Miller is one that hasn’t been mentioned much in recent times, but also has big expectations.
He looked to be carrying a bit of excess weight last time I saw him play, but he could very well have fixed that problem with hard training throughout the off season.

His weight was 10kgs over nrl level.
Has a fair bit of work needed

Wayne Bennett has issued Valynce Te Whare an ultimatum after he returned to pre-season training 'too heavy'. The Dolphins coach has stood down the 23-year-old and sent him to a personal boot camp in an attempt to save his NRL career.

Te Whare has been ordered to spend a fortnight with trainer Mark 'Chopper' Burgess in Brisbane's humid heat, with Bennett telling the youngster he must lose around 10kg before he is allowed to return to the training group. The Dolphins centre enjoyed a breakout season in 2023 and quickly became a fan favourite on the back of his strong running game and big personality but his future in the NRL is now in jeopardy.

Puppy fat, he can lose it easily. He's
Big and aggressive, I like the kid...

We have people here that go watch them train on a weekly basis?

How would people have access to this info?

Access to what info, training is public
I've stopped by on a few sessions...

Aerobic capacity
Plenty of people on this forum who either know the players personally or have some sort of connection with them.
These people would likely know if training g with the NRL squad has seen some way improvements in the player as they likely would.

Plenty of people on this forum who either know the players personally or have some sort of connection with them.
These people would likely know if training g with the NRL squad has seen some way improvements in the player as they likely would.
Pole is a stand out!

I've seen them train with Madge & Sheens
it's a completely different set-up. Having
Benji recently retired gives us an added
advantage for sure. Everything is tailored

So who knows who?
Who do yiu know?

Wayne Bennett has issued Valynce Te Whare an ultimatum after he returned to pre-season training 'too heavy'. The Dolphins coach has stood down the 23-year-old and sent him to a personal boot camp in an attempt to save his NRL career.

Te Whare has been ordered to spend a fortnight with trainer Mark 'Chopper' Burgess in Brisbane's humid heat, with Bennett telling the youngster he must lose around 10kg before he is allowed to return to the training group. The Dolphins centre enjoyed a breakout season in 2023 and quickly became a fan favourite on the back of his strong running game and big personality but his future in the NRL is now in jeopardy.
They showed him on the news up here. He dead set looks and runs like he's straight off the bar stool he's been sitting on all off season. He's done.

Puppy fat, he can lose it easily. He's
Big and aggressive, I like the kid...

Access to what info, training is public
I've stopped by on a few sessions...

Let’s hope he can after the injury year he had.
Big and aggressive is awesome but if he lacks fitness he won’t even make the jump.
Next 6mths will be a good test for him.

Couldn’t care less who has improved their aerobic abilities or put muscle on…
Most of these clowns can not catch a footy and nearly all of them are poor defenders. Start there.

Couldn’t care less who has improved their aerobic abilities or put muscle on…
Most of these clowns can not catch a footy and nearly all of them are poor defenders. Start there.
In the modern day game the fittest and strongest players have a big advantage.
The fittest players at each club are generally one of their best players.
Of course you need a bit of football ability and IQ to go with it, but the point is our young emerging players all have their fair share of football ability and IQ. So whether or not they progress to becoming good quality regular NRL players or not will largely depend on their attitude and commitment, what sacrifices they are willing to take to get their bodies as fit, strong and fast as possible.

Last edited:
Back