Which teams do you hate the most, and why ?

Ok. Doesn't sound like it. Lot of hate in your body. Poisoning you. At least you know the culprit. Melbourne. Jon from Home Loans? He not too happy himself...

Parra, I grew up in the 80s in the parra region and their fans are just rabid.
I grew up across the road from one of their training grounds while the stadium was rebuilt in the 80’s, you could watch them train from the upstairs balcony and my girlfriend at the time changed from the Miighty Magpies to Parra after their second GF win. Simone, Hottest girl in school, I dropped her.

I grew up across the road from one of their training grounds while the stadium was rebuilt in the 80’s, you could watch them train from the upstairs balcony and my girlfriend at the time changed from the Miighty Magpies to Parra after their second GF win. Simone, Hottest girl in school, I dropped her.
Granville Park?

It used to be Melbourne for me because for some reason I attributed their inclusion in the comp to the demise of Wests and Balmain as single entities. I’ve warmed to them over the years though because they really have proven to be a great team/club.

I probably don’t really hate any team, but I dislike the Roosters because of their sense of entitlement in buying up anyone and everything they want and Souths a bit also because of the constant media fawning. Manly don’t bother me like they once did as an old Magpie supporter, nor do Canterbury. Parra irk me a bit sometimes, but that’s because of their current crop of players moreso than a dislike for the club itself. I find myself happy when they lose these days lol.

1.Roosters cause they cheat the cap
2. south’s cause they are super arrogant and treat the indigenous boys differently like they are gods
3. Storm cause they introduced wrestling to the game
4. Penrith cause I hate Clearly for what he did to WT
5. Dogs cause I can’t stand 2 faced Gus
Add the despicable slimy eels and you have my top 6….. good call.

In the early 80s I had a T Shirt that read I support Western Suburbs Magpies and anybody that plays Manly Warringah Seaagles.
John Ribot, Ray Brown, Les Boyd, Joe Cool all defected to the Silverman's.

Last edited:
In the early 80s I had a T Shirt that read I support Western Suburbs Magpies and anybody that plays Manly Warringah Seaagles.
John Ribot, Ray Brown, Les Boyd all defected to the Silverman's.
...and Dorahy

Probably hate Penrith most now
Great team play terrific footy but their coach is a dog and the player i hated most is OK now

Storm is my number one most hated team due to their dodgy tactics and preferential treatment. They seem to get away with murder that teams like us and Canberra/STG/etc. would get players sent off for (on and off the field). The fact they celebrate cheating by displaying their stripped 2007/2009 premierships is disgusting and shows their character (or lack thereof). But mainly because the commentators seem to overlook it all and talk them up like they're amazing, disregarding all the leg-ups due to 'we need a Melb team doing well in the NRL' and other biases. Grubbiest of grub teams.

After Storm it would be Brisbane and Roosters who also seem to get preferential treatment. Corruption (whether unconscious bias or intentional) seems to get my goat. Bunnies are more and more falling into this category too.

Then it would be Manly, Parra, Bulldogs but that's more historical rivalries at play. More sibling rivalry then hatred I think.

Although, if any of those teams start losing consistently, then I start to like them more. I like battlers and underdogs, especially if they are fighting against the odds.

Storm is my number one most hated team due to their dodgy tactics and preferential treatment. They seem to get away with murder that teams like us and Canberra/STG/etc. would get players sent off for (on and off the field). The fact they celebrate cheating by displaying their stripped 2007/2009 premierships is disgusting and shows their character (or lack thereof). But mainly because the commentators seem to overlook it all and talk them up like they're amazing, disregarding all the leg-ups due to 'we need a Melb team doing well in the NRL' and other biases. Grubbiest of grub teams.

After Storm it would be Brisbane and Roosters who also seem to get preferential treatment. Corruption (whether unconscious bias or intentional) seems to get my goat. Bunnies are more and more falling into this category too.

Then it would be Manly, Parra, Bulldogs but that's more historical rivalries at play. More sibling rivalry then hatred I think.

Although, if any of those teams start losing consistently, then I start to like them more. I like battlers and underdogs, especially if they are fighting against the odds.
Storm for me also for much of the same reasons.
- blatant disregard for salary cap.
- celebrating the stripped titles.
- introduction of so many dangerous (now illegal) tackles.
- several cheap shot merchants in their history.
- well documented booze and drug history yet parade themselves as clean skins.

Worst of all despite all the above they receive nothing but praise. Additionally, i find Storm fans the most difficult to have a reasoned conversation with.

And, like others, Eels.

Back