WestsLife podcast

Podcasts are good way to get about a week's worth of forum time distilled into 30-75 minutes.

I found that I was listening to the same opinions I was reading on a daily basis which is why I don't persist with podcasts anymore.

I’d love it if we could hit back at the members / fans stance that our powerbrokers have recently raised (Sheens included) and ask that we be referred as Wests Tigers season ticket holders in that if they truely believed that members of their club are those that are void of voting rights.

It's quite deranged (as per one of the listeners on the live pod last night), but therein lies the attraction for me. Bechara obviously has links to Farah, so he's quite sensitive on that one.
I don't agree with a lot of their opinions, but I do enjoy the open nature of the format.

For the record, I thought Lee's response to the request was pretty disgraceful. Would have been very easy to say 'thanks but no thanks', but instead he replied with this:

I agree.

Regardless of what you think of the podcast or the people running it, what Lee wrote is disgraceful from someone who is supposed to be in a leadership position at the club.

He should have either not responded or say "no thanks" but his ego does not allow it, and he's insulted a large part of the supporter base as a result.

Remember when Nofa responded to a twitter comment last year from a random fan? Why did that blow up and not this?

Couple of weeks ago I pointed out (I thought quite courteously) on Twitter that I was disappointed that they’d missed the Tommy Raudonikis Grandstand naming at Lidcombe.

As a result, Ive just noticed that Rob Bechara blocked me. 🥴
View attachment 1446
He’s pretty precious is old Rob. I remember he banished me cos I dared to criticise Farah once. It’s his way or the highway.

• Sad
Reactions: BZN
Any posters on here fail to speak their mind? I haven't observed too many shrinking violets.
I was comparing to other podcasts where they might bash the coach and players a bit but go softly softly on the administration.

Where does Gadget get off telling the average fan that they can't vent over 11 years of non performance?

The only valid point Lee had was on the hypocrisy of leaks.
I don't know... you read the texts in full, right?

Lee didn't tell them they could not vent, he said they did nothing but criticise and he didn't want to legitimise the podcast by appearing as a guest.

His exact quote: "And of course you are perfectly entitled to your opinion, but it carries no weight whatsoever. It may have if you even committed to become a member and put your money where your mouth is. You don't even do that."

Then he says, which is probably less tasteful: "I will happily answer all emails I receive from members as opposed to fans. I appreciate those who are prepared to financially commit to the Club, like I do, they say they support".

I would argue that Lee is misguided in bothering to respond to Rob, because it's only going to end up a form of trolling. But I don't necessarily disagree with everything Lee H says about members vs "fans".

Members pay money and that money does bring a small amount of entitlement. The bit Lee leaves out is that part of his job, and the organisations job, is to encourage fans to become members. So the financial support of Members does not rest solely on the shoulders of well-intentioned Members, it relies on the club providing a product that people want to subscribe to (Members are nothing more than subscribers, same as Netflix or Amazon).

I was comparing to other podcasts where they might bash the coach and players a bit but go softly softly on the administration.
You can only "speak your mind" if you go hard on the administration, then? It all sounds a little Trumpian to me.

Lee didn't tell them they could not vent, he said they did nothing but criticise and he didn't want to legitimise the podcast by appearing as a guest.

His exact quote: "And of course you are perfectly entitled to your opinion, but it carries no weight whatsoever. It may have if you even committed to become a member and put your money where your mouth is. You don't even do that."

Then he says, which is probably less tasteful: "I will happily answer all emails I receive from members as opposed to fans. I appreciate those who are prepared to financially commit to the Club, like I do, they say they support".

I would argue that Lee is misguided in bothering to respond to Rob, because it's only going to end up a form of trolling. But I don't necessarily disagree with everything Lee H says about members vs "fans".

Members pay money and that money does bring a small amount of entitlement. The bit Lee leaves out is that part of his job, and the organisations job, is to encourage fans to become members. So the financial support of Members does not rest solely on the shoulders of well-intentioned Members, it relies on the club providing a product that people want to subscribe to (Members are nothing more than subscribers, same as Netflix or Amazon).
I thought you were staying out of this thread 😂

Lee should never have responded.

Lee should never have responded.
No. None of these people should engage with social media - it's always a trap.

I can understand how it's hard for Lee however - he's damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't. Half the fans want him to shut up and disappear, the other half want him to litigate every time they read something in the media they don't like. Tiger should be both forceful and quiet, belligerent and subtle.

No. None of these people should engage with social media - it's always a trap.

I can understand how it's hard for Lee however - he's damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't. Half the fans want him to shut up and disappear, the other half want him to litigate every time they read something in the media they don't like. Tiger should be both forceful and quiet, belligerent and subtle.
Shut up and disappear 🙋‍♂️

Members online

Back