Wests Tigers side to take on Eels

@tiger_fanatic3 said in [Wests Tigers side to take on Eels](/post/1384081) said:
@mikey said in [Wests Tigers side to take on Eels](/post/1384063) said:
Glad to see Mbye named.

Disappointing to see Walters listed as cover for Mbye instead of Madden.

I’m not. What’s made Mbye successful at 6 is that he hasn’t overplayed his hand, has gotten early ball to his outside men and has defended well. That style suits Walters well, whereas Madden plays more of a traditional halfback role, focusing on organising the team and getting a good kick away, which Is Brooks role. Madden is also unproven defensively in first grade.

With Shawn Blore named in the 17 it will be interesting to see if Nathan Brown plays on Sunday. He may have a phantom training injury.

Mahoney gets through a heap of work for Parra, and Junior will be returning from Blues, I think there will be space in the middle if Liddle and Brooks are on.

Nrl side as expected abd good too see Tuilagi get a run on extended bench.

The real interest for me was in NSW cup. Joey Leilua named in the 2nd row

@boonboon said in [Wests Tigers side to take on Eels](/post/1384116) said:
Nrl side as expected abd good too see Tuilagi get a run on extended bench.

The real interest for me was in NSW cup. Joey Leilua named in the 2nd row

I think Joey may be playing for a career?

@tiger-tragic said in [Wests Tigers side to take on Eels](/post/1384126) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Wests Tigers side to take on Eels](/post/1384115) said:
Ticket prices are a massive rip off

I thought the same thing. Very expensive. But, we're going anyway.

Me too got the 55 tickets plus service fee 116

@willow said in [Wests Tigers side to take on Eels](/post/1384059) said:
All the Round 14 team news!
Author
Dan Talintyre
Timestamp
Tue 8 Jun 2021, 04:00 PM

Wests Tigers Coach Michael Maguire has named his 21-man squad for Sunday’s Round 14 away game against the Parramatta Eels at Bankwest Stadium.

As the team aims for three wins in a row, Maguire has named a relatively unchanged side from the one that defeated Penrith last weekend with Maroons representative Joe Ofahengaue named to return at lock.

His inclusion sees young forward Alex Seyfarth shift back to the bench in place of Thomas Mikaele, who has been ruled out with a knee injury.

Wests Tigers are otherwise unchanged for Sunday’s game against the Eels with Moses Mbye named to play despite going off last week with a minor knee complaint. The former Queensland State of Origin utility has been named in the number six jersey for what will be the 149th NRL game of his career, once again partnering Luke Brooks at halfback.

Jake Simpkin’s return from a minor calf injury sees him named among the reserves, with Billy Walters and Development Player Kelma Tuilagi also included in the 21-man squad for the first time this year.

Both teams will provide an updated 19-man team lists at 4:05pm Saturday before finalising their sides one hour prior to kickoff (3:05pm, Sunday).

1. Laurie
2. Nofoaluma
3. Doueihi
4. Talau
5. Roberts
6. Mbye
7. Brooks
8. Tamou
9. Liddle
10. Twal
11. Garner
12. Leilua
13. Ofahegaue

14. Utoikamanu
15. Blore
16. Amone
17. Seyfarth

18. Chee-Kam
19. Walters
20. Tuilagi
21. Simpkin

I'm guessing if mbye is out Walters will go into the halves and if Joe is out then seyfarth to lock and hopefully tuilagi onto the bench

@tiger-tragic said in [Wests Tigers side to take on Eels](/post/1384132) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Wests Tigers side to take on Eels](/post/1384128) said:
@tiger-tragic said in [Wests Tigers side to take on Eels](/post/1384126) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Wests Tigers side to take on Eels](/post/1384115) said:
Ticket prices are a massive rip off

I thought the same thing. Very expensive. But, we're going anyway.

Me too got the 55 tickets plus service fee 116

Yep, 2 X $77 here plus the $6 service fee. $160 all up. Let's hope it's money well spent. An honest and sustained effort will be enough to justify it, I think. A win will be a bonus.

Yeah I went one down in price - mum’s been dying to go parra stadium otherwise probably would have gave a missed. It’s these prices each time but still shocked each time

If we move to a new stadium it’s gonna be expensive the punters are essentially paying for it

@finnzo said in [Wests Tigers side to take on Eels](/post/1384089) said:
Hopefully jr Paulo plays 80 mins tomorrow night

And pulls up sore with a niggle that keeps him out for a week, as he has been WT greatest fear since returning there.

@formerguest said in [Wests Tigers side to take on Eels](/post/1384139) said:
@finnzo said in [Wests Tigers side to take on Eels](/post/1384089) said:
Hopefully jr Paulo plays 80 mins tomorrow night

And pulls up sore with a niggle that keeps him out for a week, as he has been WT greatest fear since returning there.

I am far more concerned about Paulo than any of their other players

Crazy that Walters is even near the top side atm. He's been close to worst on ground in reggies every week he's been there.

@tilllindemann said in [Wests Tigers side to take on Eels](/post/1384100) said:
@hsvjones said in [Wests Tigers side to take on Eels](/post/1384088) said:
Glad to see Mbye named.

I bet you would not have made this comment 5 weeks ago..
I hope he plays as he has been great with brooks in the halves and for some reason it works...

If we string a few more wins together I'll be getting to the point where I hope he stays next year too! To be fair to Mbye, who is always derided as a 'jack of all trades master of none', if he can cement down this position he might become a jack of all trades and master of ONE.

It's so immensely frustrating that it took us this long to pay our highest paid player in the position he has been most successful in his career.

@facepalmer said in [Wests Tigers side to take on Eels](/post/1384142) said:
Glad to see Mbye named.

I hope he plays as he has been great with brooks in the halves and for some reason it works...

If we string a few more wins together I'll be getting to the point where I hope he stays next year too! To be fair to Mbye, who is always derided as a 'jack of all trades master of none', if he can cement down this position he might become a jack of all trades and master of ONE.

It's so immensely frustrating that it took us this long to pay our highest paid player in the position he has been most successful in his career.

Yep agreed. I was calling for his head but he has been great at 5/8. Maybe that is his spot. Brooks has been great since Mbye has been in there too. Actually hoping he stays. Can’t think of anyone if the market better to replace him with.

@imback said in [Wests Tigers side to take on Eels](/post/1384148) said:
Glad to see Mbye named.

Yep agreed. I was calling for his head but he has been great at 5/8. Maybe that is his spot. Brooks has been great since Mbye has been in there too. Actually hoping he stays. Can’t think of anyone if the market better to replace him with.

It'd be a good outcome if we can restructure him. Take his next year's salary of 800k or whatever, add an additional $300k and extend it over another season to make it 550k off the cap next year? I wonder if he'd take it.

@facepalmer said in [Wests Tigers side to take on Eels](/post/1384149) said:
@imback said in [Wests Tigers side to take on Eels](/post/1384148) said:
Glad to see Mbye named.

It'd be a good outcome if we can restructure him. Take his next year's salary of 800k or whatever, add an additional $300k and extend it over another season to make it 550k off the cap next year? I wonder if he'd take it.

I would all be dependent on how we finish up this year I imagine. The guy is playing well (finally).

Back