Wests Tigers Podcast - Hosted by Helmsey&Eddie.

Cheers gallagher,

Joel is probably being nice. Just me being a rookie I would say talking-too far away from my mic at times lol!

Appreciate the feedback guys,

Here is the link to our 2nd podcast

https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0002/

Joel and I spend the first 7-8 minutes of Part 2 discussing the WT Forum and answering some questions from in here. Again we are very open to ideas so if you have any suggestions for segments and what not or more questions we will answer them weekly.

Further discussion includes…

How can the side improve in attack in 2019?
Which players could emerge in 2019?
Do we have the right mix in the forward pack?
What do we make of new signings Paul Momorovski and Ryan Matterson?
Which position needs the most strengthening?
Can Luke Brooks take his game to another level in 2019?
What are the most pressing needs for the NRL currently from a fan’s perspective?

Hoe you enjoy everyone,

Cheers,

Eddie

I bought some car wash..

Nice work guys..disagree with some of the ratings for our squad but all in all a pretty fair assessment..

Thanks Geo,

Glad people disagree with some stuff! What positional rating in vernal do you reckon might have been off the mark?

Interested in everyones views.

@ said:
Thanks Geo,

Glad people disagree with some stuff! What positional rating in vernal do you reckon might have been off the mark?

Interested in everyones views.

Not a great deal I rate Nofoaluma higher than you guys seem to ..I think he brings a hell of a lot and we missed him in that middle slump during a string of losses..

I also think the back row whilst we have too many the starters of Rowdy and Matterson offer a lot more than we've had preciously..that right edge has been a weak spot with the use of a number of just average 1st graders in Rochow MCK in recent times..

Lock is the interesting one and we do need more from our starting props..I would have Twal starting at Prop and either Packer or Matulino coming off the bench..which leaves going with Eisenhuth and/or Taylor at lock with Musgrove a smokey..

Oh and Hodgo is the No 1 Wests Tiger for me with an unsung mention to Ben Galea I would have in my Top 5…a few tackles he made in that GF were crucial that never seemed mentioned..

Hi guys managed to listen to your player ratings but both times tried to listen beyond that got nowhere , enjoyed it

Joel seems on the mark but as usual Eddie has no idea (jokes Eddie ) , you made some good points and whether we agree or disagree it was good to hear others insights

As for venues , one has to be in Qld at some stage

Maybe Concord ….speak to a few players .....few officials ....assistant coaches ...few Forum nuffies , skies the limit lads

Subjects ....obviously our juniors coming through would be nice at some stage ....., perhaps our draw for 2019 .........retention possibly also

Very professional gents , well done

Another quality podcast. Are you guys going to put it up on ITunes and/or other hosting places?
There seems to be a lot of NRL podcasts in iTunes these days. I've seen a Sharks one there.

No2 was great guys,enjoyed the presentation and the content. Going to be great when the season actually starts and the focus is on football.
A question I have is on the draw. How can we get 5 Thursday night games and why are teams continually getting a leg up with a favourable draw. In any comp you have to have a level playing field and the NRL playing field resembles one in the Himalayas.

Anyway keep up the good work

@ said:
Another quality podcast. Are you guys going to put it up on ITunes and/or other hosting places?
There seems to be a lot of NRL podcasts in iTunes these days. I've seen a Sharks one there.

Hi Tigerdon

Yes, it’s been submitted to Stitcher and iTunes is a work in progress. We’ll let you know when there.

I reckon once the season starts you should go next level and actually call the games live………….I would love to turn down Anasta and co and have two biased tiger lads call the game!!

Obviously the dummy half is important to get right in the forward pack and for most of 2017/18 we didn't get that right. However this coming season it will be easier for the coach with a fit Farah and Liddle.
I see lock as a hardest position for us to get right in 2019\. Whoever gets choosen in the Lock position will have a big impact on the rest of the pack.
The most conservative choice is probably Eisenhuth. On stats he can make the meters and do the defensive job. But isn't the most creative or explosive player.
E.T is a small lock that has gone out of fashion but can still do some ball playing and clean up, scrabble defence. If you play ET at lock it will bring the size of the pack down and you will need to make up for that with three or four big guys on the bench.
Twal could go well there. I'm not sure if he has played much lock before but it would make the pack much bigger. Then you could have a utility on the bench.
I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.

A live call would be great. Who ex players did it on TigerCast, Was it Liam Fulton and John Skandalis?
I couldn't do it. The beeper would be in overdrive and you might need a couple of back up tellies if Ashley Klein is ref again.

Back