Interchange
14\. Michael Bullock
15\. Sitaleki Akauola
16\. Sam Hollis
17\. Inno Inosesio
18\. Sonny Bristow
19\. Andrew Vela

No Gavet!

Great sign Gavet in first grade!….or dumped all together(hope not)!

Going by the U20 and NSW Cup teams it looks like the NRL bench will be:

Gavet
Kapow
Akaloua
Lodge

Finally the 4 big boppers are back!

@alexaki said:

Gavet
Kapow
Akaloua
Lodge

yay!

@alexaki said:

Gavet
Kapow
Akaloua
Lodge

If that's the case where does Halatau fit in?

I must watch a different game to Mick Potter but in my view Fine is a far better centre than the two that get picked week in week out in the NRL side. Am I wrong or have I only see the good games that Fine has played?

North Sydney Bears Vs Wests Tigers
North Sydney Oval, Saturday, July 12
Kick-off: 3.00pm
Referee: Chris Sutton
Broadcast: Radio Coverage courtesy of Steele Sports Radio (Link available via [www.steelesports.com.au](http://www.steelesports.com.au))

Stronger looking side this week. Hopefully the defence improves a lot. Good luck to Sila and Vela as well, hope they go well.

@sunshine coast tiger said:
I must watch a different game to Mick Potter but in my view Fine is a far better centre than the two that get picked week in week out in the NRL side. Am I wrong or have I only see the good games that Fine has played?

I don't think we can bring anyone "new" into the NRL side outside our top 25 due to 2nd tier salary cap issues…so even if Potter wanted, his hands are tied...

@alexaki said:

I don't think we can bring anyone "new" into the NRL side outside our top 25 due to 2nd tier salary cap issues…so even if Potter wanted, his hands are tied...

Actually I don't think that is right Alexaki

I'm pretty sure because BMM didn't start an NRL game we can replace him with a second tier player

Maybe they can't see the use and want to save the $80 k ??

@happy tiger said:
@alexaki said:

I'm pretty sure because BMM didn't start an NRL game we can replace him with a second tier player

Must be getting tight either way. Lodge has now taken another of the few openings available.

I seem to remember that Fine was added to our top 25 early in the season, as Milky alluded to on another thread.

Maybe someone on here can confirm it, and/or a Twitter user ask the question of Mayer?

@formerguest said:
@happy tiger said:
@alexaki said:

Must be getting tight either way. Lodge has now taken another of the few openings available.

I seem to remember that Fine was added to our top 25 early in the season, as Milky alluded to on another thread.

Maybe someone on here can confirm it, and/or a Twitter user ask the question of Mayer?

If that is indeed the case and we are not constrained by the 2nd tier salary cap then its very disappointing as many on here reckon Fine is a fine(pardon the pun) Centre worthy on NRL selection…

Our defence against Mounties and the Panthers was diabolical!! A lot of ARM GRABBING from guys training fulltime with 1st grade is just not good enough. Santi missed 2 simple tackles which both led to tries, 1st he got brushed off by BMM one on one who runs 40 meters and scores in the corner, then the fullback jogs straight through his attempted granny hug to score under the posts, Corey Brown had some terrible reads on the wing, not trusting his centre partner Fine and Madden also with an arm grab attempt gets beat by his opposite no. which also leads to a try!! Defence is attitude, and some guys will need to find bucket loads of AGGRESSION before sunday, or it's a loss to the bottom dwelling Bears who have lost 5 in a row!

Well who exactly are the players not on senior WT contracts who have played this season? I don't think there are that many. Akaoula is on a NSW Cup contract. Others?

And then there's the likes of Rowe, Luani and Lodge who may or may not be on NRL contracts (possibly NSW Cup). But there's really not that many.

But seeing we've lost 3 of our top 25 we can also surely move other players in to fill that void. Which would open up the option for the kids to get more of a run. Blooding them gradually, and not too many at once, is Potter's plan i think.

How did Nathan Brown and Jack Buchanan pull up after playing in the NSW Residents side?, plus how well did they go?, the Telegraph today had a snippet having a dig at Gavet about turning up late for the game at Campbelltown, turns out he has done his license and is having a bit of trouble getting around.

@GoldXR50Leroy said:
H**ow did Nathan Brown and Jack Buchanan pull up after playing in the NSW Residents side?, plus how well did they go?**, the Telegraph today had a snippet having a dig at Gavet about turning up late for the game at Campbelltown, turns out he has done his license and is having a bit of trouble getting around.

Buchanan went really well one of the best for NSW he ran like a mad man all game and Brown wasn't to shabby either.

@Aladinsane said:
Broadcast: Radio Coverage courtesy of Steele Sports Radio (Link available via http://www.steelesports.com.au)

thanks so much for giving us the radio link very kind

@alexaki said:

I am fairly sure this is correct - we have used 30 players in first grade plus BMM was top 25 and as such was paid top 25 money for half the year (the year starts in october the year before is my understanding).

We also need to save some 2nd tier salary cap for emergency's.

The 2nd tier cap is still quite small this yr so I doubt we have much room to play with esp when we have players who can fill those spots.

@spearby said:
@Aladinsane said:
Broadcast: Radio Coverage courtesy of Steele Sports Radio (Link available via http://www.steelesports.com.au)

thanks so much for giving us the radio link very kind

No worries Spearby ….trying to get the motivation to head over to North
Sydney Oval , as its a bit of a hike.
Fetcher's team has to use this game to get their form back of 4 weeks ago, as their defence since that last 14 minutes of the Mounties game has been dreadful .With playing the potential wooden spooners today, this is the game to get it all happening again.
They are really missing Moses direction who was creating havoc on their left edge attack & Koro of course.
Now that we have 9 first grades injured again & with BMM & Koro gone , It's making it harder for our Cup team to be a great real chance on becoming Reserve grade premiers.
Feel they wil bounce back today , winning by +13

Latest posts

Back