Wests Tigers Home Ground Mega Thread

I'll be interested in seeing where he takes us. 30k stadium makes sense to me but I'm just happy were moving forward.
I think that’s why it seems to be the favourite because if we get the team together we can get 25-30K attendance easily and be at full capacity or at least be close to it. But the thought of playing Parramatta there turns me off from it completely as it will be another home game for them despite us being the home team technically. Unless we face Parra at Accor when it’s our home game I’ll completely hate the idea of playing at CommBank full time.

Reactions: BZN
I think that’s why it seems to be the favourite because if we get the team together we can get 25-30K attendance easily and be at full capacity or at least be close to it. But the thought of playing Parramatta there turns me off from it completely as it will be another home game for them despite us being the home team technically. Unless we face Parra at Accor when it’s our home game I’ll completely hate the idea of playing at CommBank full time.
That is the game I would take elsewhere.

A move to any of the soulless pieces of excrement combined with our record means we might as well be called The Walking Dead Tigers.

That is the game I would take elsewhere.
Hard to do that though when it’s our turn to host the Easter Monday game. I know last year it was at Accor but I have a feeling Richo would want us to play at Commbank against Parra on Easter Monday simply for the corporate sponsors.

Every second year we take it to Homebush for Easter Monday anyway so at most it would be 1 game every 2 years. Less if we only play them one a year.

Every second year we take it to Homebush for Easter Monday anyway so at most it would be 1 game every 2 years. Less if we only play them one a year.
Maybe the NRL will only allow them to play against each other on Easter Monday unless both clubs make the finals and have to do battle. But still I just hope Richo is willing to move that game to Accor or elsewhere if it is our home game. If that happens I’ll at least be ok with them playing there full time even though I would prefer Accor. If not I’ll be one of the first to criticise him on that decision, but that would be the only thing at this stage.

I think it's fair to say the supporters are not going to be considered when it comes to electing a home ground.
Unfortunately we have demonstrated that even with the worst performing team in the competition that we still remain loyal and will turn up in reasonable numbers to watch them
- an indicator that when the team is winning we will go in numbers.
It doesn't sit well with me that he is prioritizing the haves over the have nots but I guess the club can't survive on the profits of poker machines forever and the wealthy like to watch the footy in style.

I think it's fair to say the supporters are not going to be considered when it comes to electing a home ground.
Unfortunately we have demonstrated that even with the worst performing team in the competition that we still remain loyal and will turn up in reasonable numbers to watch them
It doesn't sit well with me that he is prioritizing the haves over the have nots but I guess the club can't survive on the profits of poker machines forever and the wealthy like to watch the footy in style.
The poor like to watch footy in style too they just don't get the chance.

Who is the haves? Sponsors?

The poor like to watch footy in style too they just don't get the chance.
Would they. General admission on the hill at Leichardt is a real leveller and it never has any problem attracting fans from all walks, and offers nothing else than an atmosphere to watch footy close to the action with like minded people. People know exactly what they are getting for their hard earned 40-50 bucks and wouldn't have it any other way.
If you are wanting a corporate type experience well then of course then just watching the footy will never be enough.

Hard to do that though when it’s our turn to host the Easter Monday game. I know last year it was at Accor but I have a feeling Richo would want us to play at Commbank against Parra on Easter Monday simply for the corporate sponsors.
Easter Monday should always be at Accor anyway.

It sounds like this guy has no idea what he’s talking about.

It’s obvious Richo will be moving us somewhere more commercially sound, whether that be upgrading one of the current home grounds, or moving to Accor.

I don’t think he’d consider Commbank - it’s Parramatta’s stadium no matter what anyone says. I think he’d realise this.

Reading into the suggested push into the south west by the club, and Richo’s desire for one home ground, imo Campbelltown stadium will be upgraded, or it will be Accor.

Reactions: BZN
Sorry champion @gallagher - always had bad times with the Parra fans, who I cannot stand!
The ground (even when it was a home match for us) NEVER felt like that.
@gallagher
It’s parra’s home ground, it’s that simple for me. It’s across the rd from Parramatta footy club, Parra Park, Parra pool, Parra river, and Parra tossa boys school, it’s down the rd from, Parra Westfields, Parra rd, and (Dad’s fav residence), Parra jail,
and, if you wanna go there, you get off at Parra station. What about that says Tigers fkn home ground?
I grew up around parra when they were winning GF’s, (I know most of you will need to look it up but yes way back in the stone age parra won some GFs), and then live there again as an adult, and I was at the first game at the first newly built stadium that parra have received from our government, whilst we’ve had none. Parra played the Dragqueens and The Guru ran down Mick O’Connor. Also seen Paul McCartney there in the 80’s, and every time I’ve been there I went to Parramatta. So they can call it whatever stupid sponsors name they like it’s parra’s home ground.
Not directed at you Gal just wanted to keep you in the convo.

While I think if it does get the upgrades it could happen, I personally would knock the whole thing down and rebuild it. I understand that’s more expensive and time consuming to do but I think the whole stadium needs a revamp.
I agree totally and it’s more of a chance politically over the long term.

@gallagher
It’s parra’s home ground, it’s that simple for me. It’s across the rd from Parramatta footy club, Parra Park, Parra pool, Parra river, and Parra tossa boys school, it’s down the rd from, Parra Westfields, Parra rd, and (Dad’s fav residence), Parra jail,
and, if you wanna go there, you get off at Parra station. What about that says Tigers fkn home ground?
I grew up around parra when they were winning GF’s, (I know most of you will need to look it up but yes way back in the stone age parra won some GFs), and then live there again as an adult, and I was at the first game at the first newly built stadium that parra have received from our government, whilst we’ve had none. Parra played the Dragqueens and The Guru ran down Mick O’Connor. Also seen Paul McCartney there in the 80’s, and every time I’ve been there I went to Parramatta. So they can call it whatever stupid sponsors name they like it’s parra’s home ground.
Not directed at you Gal just wanted to keep you in the convo.
I grew up in the parra area in the 80s too, it's the reason I hate them so much. I just don't see the difference in sharing a ground with them or sharing Homebush with Souths and the dogs. I'd chose it for the facilities, what's across the road doesn’t bother me.

Back