Wests Tigers Home Ground Mega Thread

I think it all relates to your definition of a better experience.
For all the years my mates and I went to LO, and that was a bloody long time, I always paid extra to stand in front of the Latchem Robinson stand, coz I always felt I got a better view, and experience, than being jammed on the hill.
Just my personal preference.
I used to love going to suburban grounds with my mates. However now it is a poor option with three primary school kids and a 70+ grandfather.

Reactions: BZN
I used to love going to suburban grounds with my mates. However now it is a poor option with three primary school kids and a 70+ grandfather.
There were kids and females everywhere on Saturday night. Go to the toilet before you get there and have a beer after the game. Parked for free 5 mins away. It’s a media beat up to try and get funding.

We need one home ground. I’d be moving to Campbelltown.

Id ditch the COE at Concord and setup everything out west.

This is a long term play.
Richo already confirmed the club isn’t gonna abandon the COE at Concord. Probably because it would be too expensive to move. To be fair you can’t blame him it would be stupid to abandon an $80 million facility like that unless something better came along.

A move out to Campbelltown won’t happen in its current condition. And by the sounds of things it’ll be some time before any upgrades happen to the stadium if it does. We will be playing all 12 home games at Accor next year, unless we still continue to be the home team for Magic Round. Maybe if it’s deemed ok Campbelltown might get 1 game there.
Agreed. Campbelltown's amenities are better than Leichhardt's. But there's generally about 10-15% less fans that turn up, and for some reason our record is a bit average - 2000 – 91 Played; 37 Wins, 53 Losses, 1 Draw.

However it looks like Richo is adamant on pushing in that direction. I see 3-4 games being played at Campbeltown, 1 at Leichhardt and the rest at Accor in '25.

A move out to Campbelltown won’t happen in its current condition. And by the sounds of things it’ll be some time before any upgrades happen to the stadium if it does. We will be playing all 12 home games at Accor next year, unless we still continue to be the home team for Magic Round. Maybe if it’s deemed ok Campbelltown might get 1 game there.
campbletown would surely get 1 or 2 games and Accor the rest

Agreed. Campbelltown's amenities are better than Leichhardt's. But there's generally about 10-15% less fans that turn up, and for some reason our record is a bit average - 2000 – 91 Played; 37 Wins, 53 Losses, 1 Draw.

However it looks like Richo is adamant on pushing in that direction. I see 3-4 games being played at Campbeltown, 1 at Leichhardt and the rest at Accor in '25.
Unless Leichhardt does get some sort of an upgrade I don’t think we’ll be playing any games there. I personally think we’ll play all 12 games at Accor next year, unless like I said we continue to play as a home team for Magic Round. Campbelltown might get 1 game maybe 2 if we aren’t the home team anymore for Magic Round, but if he really wants to achieve what he wants, I see us playing all 12 at Accor but that’s just me.

campbletown would surely get 1 or 2 games and Accor the rest
It’s possible, but what Richo wants to achieve it sounds like he’s willing to play all home games at Accor. From a financial point I see where he is coming from, but Campbelltown might get at least 1 game.

It's funny with crowds. The averages are
LO 12,600
CSS 11,600
Homebush 22,500

I think Homebush includes finals but from memory we averaged 18k there for normal rounds.

• Wow
It’s possible, but what Richo wants to achieve it sounds like he’s willing to play all home games at Accor. From a financial point I see where he is coming from, but Campbelltown might get at least 1 game.
Wins make money, so I guess we'll see how his plans pan out. We just need to keep on winning, wherever we play.

who decides where each home game is played, the club ?

so the club elected to play

dragons

Brisbane

raiders

souths

parramatta

they have given the Campbelltown crowd no excuses to pack the joint with big games, if we are flying we will get some big crowds

in regards to leichardt

sharks

gold Coast

Melbourne

cowboys Thursday game

manly Thursday game

looks like the club was / is hoping they can point to crowds and go look see CSS is getting bigger crowds than LO

LO 12,600
CSS 11,600
Homebush 22,500

I think Homebush includes finals but from memory we averaged 18k there for normal rounds.
Take out finals and Easter games and Homebush is probably 6000.

LO 12,600
CSS 11,600
Homebush 22,500

other thing with crowds is the 3pm Saturday and 5.30pm Saturday games are sometimes not good attendances along with the 6pm Friday game.
Hopefully wherever we play in 2024 we can avoid those timeslots in particular 6pm friday
Remember last year CSS had the 6pm with tigers v warriors, that was setting up for failure with crowds

Wins make money, so I guess we'll see how his plans pan out. We just need to keep on winning, wherever we play.
While true wins make money, it’s the corporate sponsorship that Richo is wanting more than anything (apart from us getting on field success). But yes we need to win regardless where we play.

There were kids and females everywhere on Saturday night. Go to the toilet before you get there and have a beer after the game. Parked for free 5 mins away. It’s a media beat up to try and get funding.
We have been a few times to LO. Yes, I will just tell my 6 year old to not have any water and not go to the toilet

Fair chance I was one of them. When in my 20’s I’d take my little brother all over Sydney to watch the Tigers. Quite often sat in empty stadiums. Little prick is laughing now as a Panthers fan.
I remember a wet day at LO v the Broncos. Luke Covells debut I think. Sad old day for a couple of thousand of us

Back