Western Sydney Wanderers

@Marshall_magic said:
Such an epic morning. Got up at 2 and went to Parra with some mates. The game itself was borderline unwatchable, but Covic was immense. After the class they displayed after the first leg, the Hilal fans were nearly as bad as the Evergrande fans here. Awesome achievement by a club so small and young. I still can't believe it. I remember after losing the first leg against Hiroshima that our run was over, then somehow we turned it around and went through against them, before knocking two huge clubs over as well as FC Seoul to lift the trophy. We had luck on our side for sure, but you need your share of luck to win these things.

I was keen to go too but with the weather that hit Saturday afternoon, I didn't want to go only for the weather to hit again and for the council to call it off.

It looked an awesome morning. I'm sure Para was absolutely buzzing. The airport will be absolutely packed tomorrow night when the plane arrived back.

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.1.4_

It certainly was buzzing. Was a cool feeling, it started in darkness then as the game went on the sun came up. Only problem was a few people were a little overly flare-happy.

@Marshall_magic said:
It certainly was buzzing. Was a cool feeling, it started in darkness then as the game went on the sun came up. Only problem was a few people were a little overly flare-happy.

Yeah I'm not surprised there. A grand final of the champions league with no real

@Marshall_magic said:

Yeah no real surprise with that issue with the lack of consequence likely to occur. I saw a couple of videos and the police didn't seem to want to apprehend them either so it seemed like they were okay with the "overflow of passion" today.

I'm spewing I didn't go now. Are you thinking of heading to the airport tomorrow night to see the team in? Apparently they're talking of a 6pm Wednesday afternoon meeting at the same place to present the trophy.

@Marshall_magic said:
I have an indoor game at 9pm, so I don't think I can really work around that unfortunately.

I'm thinking of going but with a 4:45am wakeup call the next day it'll be tough to get up for work.

What a lucky win, but it is still a win in the end. I've never seen a team get outplayed so much over 2 legs, have 4 shots across 2 games and still come out ahead!

Organised in defence, but really should have lost that second leg 4/5-0\. Ref had a shocker, and Covic saved them big time at the end.

@Balmain Boy said:
What a lucky win, but it is still a win in the end. I've never seen a team get outplayed so much over 2 legs, have 4 shots across 2 games and still come out ahead!

Organised in defence, but really should have lost that second leg 4/5-0\. Ref had a shocker, and Covic saved them big time at the end.

Without a matchfit Spiranovic and Juric and our 2 new visa players, depth was really tested. We were really scratchy and I don't think I've seen us attack so poorly before. We couldn't hold the ball and create any pressure. Defensive organisation was awesome though and that won it for us. The ref interpretations helped as well haha

Lets just rehash another Popovic to coach Palace story again

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8942678

it was probably most of your negative posts. Find me one 1 decent or postive post in these 32 odd pages & I"ll be a believer. But i dont want to take anything away from you because you are one of the better posters on this forum. You seem to have your wits about you - just say you dont like wog ball - its okay. Hell yeh -

_Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.1.7_

It's all going really well…

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/video-wanderers-duo-shannon-cole-and-ante-covic-in-ugly-clash-with-red-and-black-bloc/story-e6frf4gl-1227172195649

After yesterdays flogging / debacle how good is tonights semi against the roar
4-4 and going to extra time after wanderers were down 0-3 after 25 minutes
Extra time is on

@Blackpearl said:
102 mins wanderers 5 , roar 4

I don't follow the A league , although I'm watching it ATM .
How good is the Wanderers supporter base .
Imagine if Wests Tigers had that sort of following and passion !!

Back