We took the 2

Yeah...

What I'm concerned about is dying with the ball 10m out from their line.... Too scared to kick. I guess it's a move when we're in front but it's another thing just goes against what Sheens was saying pre season

We do this next week we'll get slaughtered

Agree. I would’ve liked us run the ball through the hands a bit more but with bodies in motion, changing angles & at pace etc. We just looked a little pedestrian at times but at least we were turning the ball over on their 10m line. Hopefully this builds our confidence further & we start to click in the red zone.

Yeah...

What I'm concerned about is dying with the ball 10m out from their line.... Too scared to kick. I guess it's a move when we're in front but it's another thing just goes against what Sheens was saying pre season

I agree. We aren't backing ourselves to get a repeat set.

Yeah...

It’s because we have shown no ability to not kick it dead. Handing it over 5m out in the corner is a much better outcome than giving the a 7 tackle set from the 20m line which we were doing more often then not

Repeat sets are a lot easier to get from the 20 than inside the 10 as defence is moving up and they all play at the ball, need to be aiming to kick on the 3rd or 4th in the 20 to get a repeat set.

Yeah...

Might also be that Sheens thinks kicking for repeat sets is no longer worth the risk as teams are now going short constantly and getting results. However, I think if we're going to go for it on the fifth they should at least throw the ball around and take the risk rather than just going one out and dying with the ball for field position. We are meant to be an "attacking" team after all

Yeah...

Back