TEAM LIST Trial 2 vs. Dragons

Team List
Haha, I get that he has been beyond average for the past few years and look his miss on the weekend looked farcical but to be fair Steph's effort on the inside was pretty half arsed as well.
AJ is a limited player, no doubt, but I also think he has value as a wide running edge forward, he's a big man, fast and runs with a bit of venom. Use him only as an impact player and he might go okay. If not he's gone by seasons end anyway.

It was a bad miss, but at least Kepaoa was immediately very dirty on himself and put in otherwise. Hopefully Bateman will be ready for round 2 and one of the youngsters steps up to leap ahead of him as our backup.

Haha, I get that he has been beyond average for the past few years and look his miss on the weekend looked farcical but to be fair Steph's effort on the inside was pretty half arsed as well.
AJ is a limited player, no doubt, but I also think he has value as a wide running edge forward, he's a big man, fast and runs with a bit of venom. Use him only as an impact player and he might go okay. If not he's gone by seasons end anyway.

I rate that 70% Stefs fault. Very ordinary effort by him and the exact thing Benji is trying to eradicate.

It was a bad miss, but at least Kepaoa was immediately very dirty on himself and put in otherwise. Hopefully Bateman will be ready for round 2 and one of the youngsters steps up to leap ahead of him as our backup.

AJ over chased while Stef under chased. Both mistakes but Stefs much much worse. I am very disappointed in Stefano's effort, or lack of.

AJ has a big problem defending footwork. It's a problem. He shows promise as a backrower in all other areas, but if he can't improve his arm grabs against the fleet footed then it's all over.

I really do hope AJ comes good. I remember when we were playing Manly a couple years ago and Luke Garner ran down the sideline to score a try and Turbo tried chasing him down and saving the try but failed to do so. And right in the corner you saw AJ just give a little bit of salt to Turbo and it’s that sort of aggression and dirt that we lacked. For the try he let in while it was both Stefs and AJs fault I’d much rather over commit to a tackle then not commit enough, just shows there is effort and intent just not execution.

I really do hope AJ comes good. I remember when we were playing Manly a couple years ago and Luke Garner ran down the sideline to score a try and Turbo tried chasing him down and saving the try but failed to do so. And right in the corner you saw AJ just give a little bit of salt to Turbo and it’s that sort of aggression and dirt that we lacked. For the try he let in while it was both Stefs and AJs fault I’d much rather over commit to a tackle then not commit enough, just shows there is effort and intent just not execution.
Also made a homophobic slur to Lomax, when they beat us.

Needs to focus on perfecting his craft, not insulting people.

Will definitely admit that calling someone a homophobic slur is never ok, just asking if there is any evidence of him saying it? Not arguing against the claim just asking. Also agree he needs to work on his consistency rather than craft, some games he is a machine and others… well to put it bluntly you could put a sock out there and the sock would do more. Hope he can pull it all together.

Really that's horrible I remember when the Warriors winger got mouthfuls for liking men who care's two of my three sisters like men my daughter likes men there is nothing wrong in liking men

Will definitely admit that calling someone a homophobic slur is never ok, just asking if there is any evidence of him saying it? Not arguing against the claim just asking. Also agree he needs to work on his consistency rather than craft, some games he is a machine and others… well to put it bluntly you could put a sock out there and the sock would do more. Hope he can pull it all together.

During that game, when it was said.... it was clear what was said.

• Wow
Reactions: BZN
Really that's horrible I remember when the Warriors winger got mouthfuls for liking men who care's two of my three sisters like men my daughter likes men there is nothing wrong in liking men
My son likes men. So what? So does my daughter. There's nothing wrong with liking men 💖

AJ over chased while Stef under chased. Both mistakes but Stefs much much worse. I am very disappointed in Stefano's effort, or lack of.

AJ has a big problem defending footwork. It's a problem. He shows promise as a backrower in all other areas, but if he can't improve his arm grabs against the fleet footed then it's all over.
Stef just didn’t peel correctly at the play the ball , and close the gap . I would say it’s one of those bad habits from last year . Zero trust in the guys making an effective tackle . And a good half exploited this with an under ball .
In some ways you could even make an excuse that AJ shot out to shit down the play .
In reality though I think both guys were at fault , and the question marks around AJs situational awareness are valid .

I think he might surprise a few this season.

He showed good signs with the ball in hand, 65% of his meters last week were post contact which indicates he is a handful.

Just need to get it right defensively, still arm grabbed, missed 5 tackles & rushed up/situational awareness is an issue.

Running hard and straight near the line will create chances with Olam/Tupou outside him.

Stef just didn’t peel correctly at the play the ball , and close the gap . I would say it’s one of those bad habits from last year . Zero trust in the guys making an effective tackle . And a good half exploited this with an under ball .
In some ways you could even make an excuse that AJ shot out to shit down the play .
In reality though I think both guys were at fault , and the question marks around AJs situational awareness are valid .
Watched it in slow mo again today. AJ is in a more forward position than Stef which any good half will exploit. That’s under 10’s stuff and basically invites the cross play. Then AJ accelerates out suddenly which he should not do unless Stef tells him he’s got the inside guy covered and to release. There’s clearly no communication and also Stef was labouring so I doubt he told AJ to slide hard. Very fixable but you need footy IQ to play that crucial defensive position.

My son likes men. So what? So does my daughter. There's nothing wrong with liking men 💖
If I wasn't so tired I would tell you a story about the first time I meet a openly gay man when I was 17 in the Cross and my Sunday school teacher

Latest posts

Members online

Back