LIVE GAME Trial 1 vs. Warriors

Live Game Discussion
First trial showed me that like most of the teams that didn’t finish in the top 4 last year injuries will play a major part on how much improvement they have this year.
Let’s hope we can have a season with very little injuries and when one of the young blokes get a run it’s with experience players around them.
I’m not expecting miracles just put in the effort every week and we should see a few wins along the way.

How long until Lobb is in the start 13? Round 5? His dominance in the air plus hard carries out of our end already make him a stand out. But who makes way? Tupou or Stains?
People want to put the knife in Tupou but Staines offers very little. For all his lauded electric speed, I'm yet to see it do 1 good thing for the Tigers. His carries are weak, he gets monstered in his hit ups from dummy half, he gets ragdolled when trying to make a tackle.

Lobb & Alaimalo could be starting by Round 4.

People want to put the knife in Tupou but Staines offers very little. For all his lauded electric speed, I'm yet to see it do 1 good thing for the Tigers. His carries are weak, he gets monstered in his hit ups from dummy half, he gets ragdolled when trying to make a tackle.

Lobb & Alaimalo could be starting by Round 4.

People put the knife into Tupou because his hands are terrible … always have been …my patience with a guy who is leaving next year, but has his drop rate is zero

Staines is in the squad mainly for Fullback cover … if he gets outplayed for a wing spot by one of the lottery tickets they bought in the offseason, then so be it …

I’m prepared to be a little patient with him though…he has pace which is a severely lacking commodity in this team … he has also played outside some centres during his time here that refuse to pass the ball

He is just young and lacking a bit of confidence- had one really strong carry where he bumped off two forwards and made good yardage. We need wingers who do that semi-regularly
If he can work on that throughout the season he will be of value to our KOE side.

Just give NRL game time and experience to someone that is staying.

We need a winger that can make good meters off the kick re starts, like Cronulla , Penrith, Wahs, ect do. Makes such a difference for the forwards.

We need a winger that can make good meters off the kick re starts, like Cronulla , Penrith, Wahs, ect do. Makes such a difference for the forwards.
One of, if not the most, important aspects of modern wing play- getting those kick return & 1st hit-up/dummy half metre gains to start a set.

I'm very concerned about our options for this aspect...

Back