Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ

Please stay away from DWZ. Has showed nothing in about 3 years and surely you can find someone to stick on the wing for less than that.

I would take Garrick, Ieremia, Lumelume, Okunbor, Pearson & Valemei over him at the price

![SmartSelect_20210605-180814_The Daily Telegraph.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1622880640521-smartselect_20210605-180814_the-daily-telegraph.jpg)

I wonder who this could be... Mbye?

@THE_POM any word?

@darlingst said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1382305) said:
![SmartSelect_20210605-180814_The Daily Telegraph.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1622880640521-smartselect_20210605-180814_the-daily-telegraph.jpg)

@THE_POM any word?

Packer hopefully

@jrdee said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1382309) said:
@darlingst said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1382305) said:

@THE_POM any word?

Packer hopefully

A bacon factory wouldn't take him.

@THE_POM any word?

Chee kam?

@bobmate said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1382355) said:

@THE_POM any word?

Chee kam?

Cini?

Someone we not playing

@jd-tiger said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1380464) said:
@elleryhanley said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1380434) said:
@tigerwest said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1380347) said:
@elleryhanley said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1380332) said:
OUT OF TIGERS’ LEAGUE

The Wests Tigers have confirmed an interest in Bulldogs back Dallin Watene-Zelezniak but the stumbling block is the $880,000 he’s on next year.

As good a player as DWZ is, Canterbury-Bankstown’s previous decision-makers have been completely done over on that deal.

If the Tigers can strike a price where they’re tipping in around the $400,000 mark, there’s a good chance the Kiwi Test captain will unite with the Kiwi Test coach in Michael Maguire.

880...wow, I thought we were dumb at times.

That has to be the **worst. deal. ever.**

I think we have made far worse signings than this, if it goes ahead?:joy:

I mean the Dogs...paying 880 was insane.

As bad as MBye, (Im guessing he is/was near that)

And can play Ever position in the spine, plus centre/wing. DWZ is an 800K winger (or pretend fullback).

@bobmate said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1382355) said:

@THE_POM any word?

Chee kam?

?

Was reported today by Chammas.

Dogs increase DWZ offer

The Bulldogs have upped how much they are willing to pay of Dallin Watene-Zelezniak’s $850,000 salary for him to play elsewhere next season.

The Bulldogs are willing to pay close to half, with the Wests Tigers considering paying the other half of his salary next year, as well as part of his salary this year. It averages out to be around $300,000 per year for the next two seasons if it goes through.

@jrdee said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1382309) said:

@THE_POM any word?

Packer hopefully

Our champion decoy runner?:thinking_face:

@avocadoontoast said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1383292) said:

Dogs increase DWZ offer

The Bulldogs have upped how much they are willing to pay of Dallin Watene-Zelezniak’s $850,000 salary for him to play elsewhere next season.

The Bulldogs are willing to pay close to half, with the Wests Tigers considering paying the other half of his salary next year, as well as part of his salary this year. It averages out to be around $300,000 per year for the next two seasons if it goes through.

Still not interested,dogs can keep him

@jadtiger said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1383297) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1383292) said:

Dogs increase DWZ offer

Who would you play him in front of in our squad? I can’t think of anyone. Talau is starting to show some good signs.

If we signed DWZ we would be doing the Bulldogs a favour and wasting our money.

@imback said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1383311) said:
@jadtiger said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1383297) said:

Dogs increase DWZ offer

Who would you play him in front of in our squad? I can’t think of anyone. Talau is starting to show some good signs.

Jet has shown some signs on a flank, but long term he's not a winger. DWZ (if bought) will be brought in to fill that right wing spot with Nofo on the left.

@jrtiger said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1383312) said:
@imback said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1383311) said:

Dogs increase DWZ offer

Jet has shown some signs on a flank, but long term he's not a winger. DWZ (if bought) will be brought in to fill that right wing spot with Nofo on the left.

I think he’s better than DWZ and won’t demand the same cash.

Dogs increase DWZ offer

300K (net) for 2 years only... Maybe

Not 1 dollar over.

He's no Addo Car, Sivo, Nofa,

Dogs increase DWZ offer

Dogs increase DWZ offer

Hey Lessons learned from Mbye:
1. Dont sign dogs Rejects.
But Mbye did go good. Honestly starting to think keep him at 5/8....I hate thinking that, but cant deny he is going well there.

2. Dont keep them on silly Salary:
So DWZ is at 850k. Dogs offload him at 850k, next year he becomes an 850k headache.

Mbye, if he was say 400k. I hate saying this, we would probably keep him.
DWZ is not the player we need. We need someone who will up our defense or up our team structure. DWZ does neither.

Honestly Shawn Johnson would be better and we send Jackson Hastings to the Dogs!

But if we did take him, can someone make it clear that they are then on 300k? Or is there a reason why that cannot work?

Dogs increase DWZ offer

That’s a very good question. Why are we talking to outside backs who are playing FB?
Is it possible Laurie is the new 6 in waiting?

@twentyforty said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1383318) said:

Dogs increase DWZ offer

That’s a very good question. Why are we talking to outside backs who are playing FB?
If there is one player I would not be changing position it is Laurie.

@twentyforty said in [Transfer Market: Tigers’ shock bid to snare DWZ](/post/1383318) said:

Dogs increase DWZ offer

TBF DWZ isn't really a FB. He was bought by the Dogs to play FB due to having a few decent games for the Kiwi's at FB. He's a winger that the Dogs were dumb enough to pay massive overs for. I wouldn't read too much into it, highly unlikely Tigers see DWZ as a FB though if injury occurred to Laurie he'd be a back up option. .

Latest posts

Members online

Back