Tommy Talau

Status
Not open for further replies.
@TYGA said in [Tommy Talau](/post/1218278) said:
Talau is like any other 10 odd gamer they are not rough enough yet for first grade. It will come
for this kid. You either want to pay top dollar for established first graders or keep developing our players. People complain about over paying and then complain when a 10 game rookie is not up to speed yet. He’s coming into a poor team it’s not the Panthers or Roosters.

I have no problem with this at all and agree with the logic of it, but PLEASE let it be the end of the ridiculous "Talau is our long term answer at centre/5/8". Seriously he is tentatively hanging onto a first grade spot on the wing, a MILE away from showing he would be a worthwile centre let alone 5/8.

@Tiger5150 said in [Tommy Talau](/post/1218287) said:
Talau is like any other 10 odd gamer they are not rough enough yet for first grade. It will come
for this kid. You either want to pay top dollar for established first graders or keep developing our players. People complain about over paying and then complain when a 10 game rookie is not up to speed yet. He’s coming into a poor team it’s not the Panthers or Roosters.

I have no problem with this at all and agree with the logic of it, but PLEASE let it be the end of the ridiculous "Talau is our long term answer at centre/5/8". Seriously he is tentatively hanging onto a first grade spot on the wing, a MILE away from showing he would be a worthwile centre let alone 5/8.

If Tommy is so useless then why the hell is Bellamy wanting to get him to the Storm?

@bathursttiger1 said in [Tommy Talau](/post/1218291) said:

If Tommy is so useless then why the hell is Bellamy wanting to get him to the Storm?

There is nothing concrete other than a wild internet rumour that Bellamy does want him. Regardless, a serious question, what aspects of Talaus game have you seen so far this season that suggests that he will be the answer to the Tigers at 4 or 6? His ball security, his pace, his defence?

That is true but name a better centre option at the club on the left. My eyes tell me he will be our best junior outside back in a few years. He’s playing light at 90 odd kegs and I believe he put in 10 over the past year. I don’t think he’s physically ready yet he’s a year away. We have no other options and no reserve grade. I’d persist with the kid he has some ticker.

I like the Kepoa kid also he has talent and Kei who has not yet had a crack. Seasons done some of these kids need a crack.

@theraptor456 said in [Tommy Talau](/post/1218214) said:
The winger who was on debut for Melbourne today has it. It's easy to look good in a great team but he didn't do anything spectacular. JAC will steal the highlight reels for Melbourne's game today but the other winger has got loads of ability. He deserves some hype. Bellamay wanted Talau, would trade Talau for him any day of the week.

loomy loomy is a local lad. Played juniors at Berala. Scummy storm pinched him from under our noses. We need to go pinch one from under theirs

@bathursttiger1 said in [Tommy Talau](/post/1218291) said:

It’s like buying a race horse, based on bloodlines, but there are lots of duds that don’t make it.

@Tiger-Tragic said in [Tommy Talau](/post/1218345) said:
@Kazoo-Kid said in [Tommy Talau](/post/1218322) said:
Bro Tommy Talau is going to be a star. Just you wait. He is going to be on a 2015 Milford level of hype in 1-2 years.

Yep, I agree. He is one we need to keep. I can't fathom the rubbish that others are piling on him here. Seriously ..... get a life you lot.

I cant fathom someone telling others ***in an internet discussion*** forum titled "Tommy Talau", to get a life.

Firstly the irony and lack of self awareness to tell someone to get a life while posting on the internet is staggering.

Secondly, I wonder what it is that you are supposed to discuss, in a discussion forum, titled Tommy Talau? We just say good things about him and pretend not to see how many times he drops the ball or how many tackles he misses?

@Tiger5150 said in [Tommy Talau](/post/1218375) said:
Bro Tommy Talau is going to be a star. Just you wait. He is going to be on a 2015 Milford level of hype in 1-2 years.

Yep, I agree. He is one we need to keep. I can't fathom the rubbish that others are piling on him here. Seriously ..... get a life you lot.

I cant fathom someone telling others ***in an internet discussion*** forum titled "Tommy Talau", to get a life.

Firstly the irony and lack of self awareness to tell someone to get a life while posting on the internet is staggering.

Secondly, I wonder what it is that you are supposed to discuss, in a discussion forum, titled Tommy Talau? We just say good things about him and pretend not to see how many times he drops the ball or how many tackles he misses?

I agree. Get a life. You are starting an argument with everyone who replies to this thread. BTW you are going hard at a kid. Nice job, chief. I'm sure your life is full of positivity.

@Tiger-Tragic said in [Tommy Talau](/post/1218391) said:

Wow, @tiger5150, I am staggered that I haven't read (or been moved to pay any attention to) any of your other 2143 posts on here in the last 11 months.

But, given your capacity to see that a rookie NRL player, such as Tommy Talau, has no worthwhile future in the game after such a short exposure, is a wonderful talent you have.

I'm on the lookout for a new guru and I'm mightily impressed with your credentials.

Thats great news TT, very inspiring to read. I love to see someone searching for self improvement. As a starting point and as a reading guide, when reading my posts, I'd suggest you concentrate on my posts where I have said or agreed with other posts a number of times that I would keep Talau but ***at this stage*** he is not a good first grade winger. Which is kind of the same as what you are saying...but you know.

@Kazoo-Kid said in [Tommy Talau](/post/1218389) said:

I agree. Get a life. ***You are starting an argument with everyone who replies to this thread***. BTW you are going hard at a kid. Nice job, chief. I'm sure your life is full of positivity.

What the hell are you talking about? You tell me to get a life based on your assertion that I am *"starting an argument with everyone who replies to this thread"* .This thread is 7 pages long and my response to TT was my third in the thread. My first post in the thread was me AGREEING with someone and my second was an explanation of the first. HOW THE HELL is that *"starting an argument with everyone who replies to this thread"*. If you are going to make these accusations, please point to these posts of mine which are picking a fight with everyone who replies.

BTW how am I supposed to know that TT is a kid? I would actually assume that someone with enough self assurance that they feel compelled to tell everyone else to get a life would have had some life experience.

In closing, I'd like to thank you for your interest in my life. I indeed have one and its a very full one full of positive and negative but it has never be so vacant that I felt compelled to tell a heap of people who I dont and wont ever know, on an internet forum to GET A LIFE. If or when that day ever does come, I hope I have the self awareness to switch off my laptop and walk outside in the sun.

Cmon please..I know the season is done and everyone is disappointed and frustrated but lets stop the narkyness ...

Thank you..

i've seen glimpses, but overall I definitely think he's a step below a lot of the other rookies around NRL this year.

What we make of him is upto the coaches. Under good teachers, even an average player will thrive and the glimpses he has shown, the big body he has- he has "potential"

He looks the goods sometimes but I agree there are some issues with his game and some of the hype about him is not warranted, very happy to stick with him but.

I think the bigger problem is that over the last 5 years most of the players we bring through take a lot longer to hit first grade standard than almost any other club.

Over the last 5 years our only players to make their Nrl debut with us and kick on are Twal, Addo-Car and Aloiai. With Masters, Suli, Garner, Eisenhuth & Mikaele the next best to debut with us.

I’m sure if you compared this with any other club we would be bottom 4. We don’t know how to debut players that’s the problem, not so much Talau.

Let's be honest.
Compared to plenty of other rookies thrown up by other clubs this year Tommy doesn't rate.
Possibly he's playing out of position ... but not showing much above average.

@theraptor456 said in [Tommy Talau](/post/1217412) said:
Even Jennings wasn’t this bad!

Thought I would read on in case there was a new insight.....

Then you said "Even Jennings wasn’t this bad!"

Well, that was time to click the button.

@theraptor456 said in [Tommy Talau](/post/1217427) said:
@GNR4LIFE said in [Tommy Talau](/post/1217423) said:
@theraptor456 said in [Tommy Talau](/post/1217420) said:
@GNR4LIFE said in [Tommy Talau](/post/1217415) said:
Up until last night he’s been fine. Pretty fickle and lacking in general RL knowledge to discard him after one bad game.

How has he been fine? His defensive reads have always been a problem. He is non existent in attack and his only tries have come in the shape of falling over the line. Some of you supporters have lost the plot.

Not putting a line through a 20 year old after one bad game is losing the plot? I’m guessing this is your first year watching the game.

We've been gambling on duds for the past decade. I've seen enough to suggest he doesn't have it. Again, if someone could highlight the potential ups he has, I'd be all ears, but there simply aren't any. Being young and has okay size aren't going to get you far alone in the outside backs of the NRL. The fact he is young and this slow already is very worrying.

He is not a winger mate! - therefore he does not need to be an Olympic style sprinter.

He is a 5/8 that is a pretty good centre. All centres do not need to be Roberts.

Have a look at Crocker for the Raiders, one of the best centres in the game.

You said "Do you remember the game he played at center? Looked just as bad if not worse than usual."

Obviously you didn't watch that game against Manly.

@theraptor456 said in [Tommy Talau](/post/1217465) said:
@pawsandclaws1 said in [Tommy Talau](/post/1217460) said:
@theraptor456 said in [Tommy Talau](/post/1217425) said:
@pawsandclaws1 said in [Tommy Talau](/post/1217421) said:
Talau will be a fine and this has been a difficult learning experience for him. He's no winger and it gets lonely out there on the wing especially when he doesn't get a lit of support from his captain. Put JAC next to him who will talk in attack and defence then you will see him grow.

What qualities does he possess that lead you to believe he'd make a great center? In the modern game outside backs need some speed or footwork at the very least.

He has good speed for a centre. He can hit a gap, has a good passing game and will learn how to defend. Young backs take time to learn how to defend. I can forgive him these mistakes as it is a learning experience.

'has good speed for a centre' hahaha I'm going to stop reading and replying to you here mate. You have a good day. I want whatever crack you're smoking though.

You clearly have an agenda. Not worth reading anymore from you on Talau. Bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back