Tigers move to lock up forwards

Bones

From RLW

June 25, 2014

THE Wests Tigers are moving to complete their re-signings for 2015 with talks to back-rower Bodene Thompson and prop Ava Seumanufagai.

The club has re-signed the nucleus of their young talent but hope to also get pen to paper from the two forwards in coming weeks.

Both are attracting interest from rival clubs but the Tigers remain hopeful of a positive result.

“We are in talks with both boys and will hopefully know something soon,” chief executive Grant Mayer says.

NRL Rd 11 - Tigers v Broncos
Tigers prop Ava Seumanufagai on the burst.
The Tigers have re-signed James Tedesco, David Nofoaluma, Tim Simona, Luke Brooks and Curtis Sironen in recent months and have some of the best young talent in the game.

- TONY ADAMS

Stuart is after Bodene…you'd think he would learn to steer clear of Tiger players...

Would be great if Bodene rejects Sticky too.....

signed for 4 years in 2012.. so 2015 will be his last season on this contract

Blair has also said he hopes to re-sign for another two or so years.

I would have thought the big priority was Gavet but glad they are looking to keep Thompson.

gavet is still signed for next year i think.

i dont think anyone from the top 20 bar bodene, ava and tedesco doesnt have a contract for next year.

not sure about rowe, hitchcox, luani etc. though.

Yep we took an option on Gavet for 2015\. Luani also signed to end 2015

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

WT management are absolutely killing it. If they lock this down then we have our entire FG team locked down for next year bar Anasta…who will gladly be replaced by Austin or Moses

@The_Doc said:
@alex said:
Yep we took an option on Gavet for 2015\. Luani also signed to end 2015

Luani is very average one of the least I'd be concerned about.

Yea he will be gone too after next year, I think cherrington will be the next inline behind farah

would love to have all of these boys signed up but does this indicate that liam has made the unfortunate of stepping away from the game

Always a good sign when players re-sign and want to stay at the club. I'm loathe to overhype things but the club has a bit of a pre-2005 feel about it. I'm not saying we'll win the comp but I think it's probable we'll have a top 4 capable team sooner rather than later. Grant Meyer is to be congratulated for his work so far.

You stick in the mud -
I would have Ava - built like a brick sh_thouse.
Don't need him for 80 mins.
In my thinking - the bigger the forwards the better ala doggies.
Not the best backline but the engine room is a locomotive.
Besides Ava hurts you more than Thompson.
Ava's thigh is as wide as my torso.

I mean look at the famous Wests Magpies & Balmain Tigers forwards of past era's - that dominated purely because of size.
Now its time for Wests Tigers.

Lets hope Mayer can work some magic and retain both

They both make our side a stronger unit and give us depth which is something that we always seem to need

I would swap Thompson for Josh Jackson in a hearbeat [roughly same size] but i wouldn't trade Ava for Jackson.
Thats my thought on the matter.

I hope we resign both but what is interesting is just how many props we have signed up for next year even without Ava. Given that if I had to loose one it would be Ava because I think he is a 4th bench forward for us or mayby even NSW cup at full strength while Bodene is a starting backrower who plays 80 mins

Aaron Woods
Keith Galloway
Marty Taupau
Jack Buchannan
Nathan Brown
James Gavet
Andy Fiagusta
Matt Lodge

Back