The Tiger girls..

Have to say how good was Vette-Welsh playing out of fullback!! Awesome start by our women players!!!
What I like about the women's rugby league is they don't whinge and [This word has been automatically removed] all the time like the men do, they just get on with it and play hard footy.

I agree. I believe these girls work at day jobs and they do a better job than the men- who get paid big money....The men have to take a good look at themselves, and not let the girls put them to shame ......Congratulations girls
Not dissing your post because it’s great, but I really don’t like it when we refer to the women’s team as girls and then in the same sentence call the men’s team men. I don’t know why but it just sounds wrong. It sounds like we’re comparing adults to children. The girls and boys references together are fine, but it should be women and men referenced together, not girls and men. Sorry pedantic I know, but it’s just a beef with me. From experience I have come across so many people who seem to have trouble referring to women as actual women!

I agree. I believe these girls work at day jobs and they do a better job than the men- who get paid big money....The men have to take a good look at themselves, and not let the girls put them to shame ......Congratulations girls
I’m happy for the women to show up the men’s team. Shows them what playing to compete and executing a game plan means. Those women don’t hit any less harder either. Great effort first game in. Made history.

I know the 66 points against the cows was excellent, but for genuine ball playing...man, haven't seen it in our jersey for ages. Before she came on it was looking like an NRL WT game, dominant without enough points.

I’m happy for the women to show up the men’s team. Shows them what playing to compete and executing a game plan means. Those women don’t hit any less harder either. Great effort first game in. Made history.
Hopefully it continues and they have a good season. It would also be good for Noddy’s reputation and well being after being thrown under a bus last year.
Let’s go Tiger Ladies.

I can't ever imagine my dad taking me as a kid to watch girls play footy

We may end up with a generation idolising the girls and not giving a stuff about the men
If the results keep coming like they are the girls are our top line team , haha

They are excited , Keen and seem to love the game and the chance to play for the Tigers , Our NLR team needs to take notice and get on the same page .
upset south’s boys and feel like we did against the cowboys , Girls leading the way

Not dissing your post because it’s great, but I really don’t like it when we refer to the women’s team as girls and then in the same sentence call the men’s team men. I don’t know why but it just sounds wrong. It sounds like we’re comparing adults to children. The girls and boys references together are fine, but it should be women and men referenced together, not girls and men. Sorry pedantic I know, but it’s just a beef with me. From experience I have come across so many people who seem to have trouble referring to women as actual women!
Yes I agree - now that I read my post again it does look wrong, women would be the correct term

Just watched Tigers NRLW team against the Sharks. Tough game. Our women were resilient and just kept turning up in D. Made some errors in A when they had chances to score but will improve in that area. Certainly strong in the effort and attitude areas of the game.
Our mens team should watch and learn what a bit of desire and heart can do. Play for your teammates and take pride in your performance.

Back