The Melbourne Cup

Would have really liked Spanish Mission if it could have had one start in Oz ....before the Cup .....Verry Elegant gets 5 kg's on the 2 Top liners ....

Incentivise ...will it get the distance ??

Probably the Top 3 ....field lacks the depth because of Covid and less than normal over seas nags

Delphi is my smoky ...reckon it could be one of these horses that struggles with Caulfield and will like Flemington

First 4 to bank on

Grand Promenade & Great House good e/way chances , the great man Bart used to insist the horses gotta have the miles in their legs

1-4 look standouts. The two internationals are in good form, incentivise was massive in the CC and Very Elegant was a strong run in the Cox.

Kill a horse day came around quickly, surprised there is not a betting market on which horse(s) end up at the knackery.

Incentivise I think will win even drawing the car park but at close to odds on in a Melbourne cup, that’s no fun

Great House EW for me if it gets the right trail

@69-05-41 said in [2021 Melbourne Cup](/post/1500465) said:
Kill a horse day came around quickly, surprised there is not a betting market on which horse(s) end up at the knackery.

All of them, eventually.

19,000 horse races each year in Australia, I own some racehorses and have worked in the industry before they are very well looked after animals.

@jedi_tiger said in [2021 Melbourne Cup](/post/1500542) said:

19,000 horse races each year in Australia, I own some racehorses and have worked in the industry before they are very well looked after animals.

Yep.. horse racing just about every day of the year .. the Karen’s like to pinpoint today though

In 2012 I placed an all up bet on ($50) Sea Siren to win the Manikato into Ocean Park to win the Cox Plate I made a pretty little return on that and from that day Ocean Park quickly became a favourite of mine.
So for that reason I’ll be having an each way bet on his son Ocean Billy, with a lot of luck he may run a place at odds.
You can’t write the Kiwis off.

@innsaneink said in [2021 Melbourne Cup](/post/1500558) said:
Spanish mission

Yeah I’m liking that too. Helps my wife is Spanish. Nice omen.

It’s a terrible looking field. I’m struggling to muster much enthusiasm for the race this year. If Incentivise runs a decent 3200m it’s hard to see him lose. He only got 1.5kg for that I believe. Seems miles better than the locals and there’s bugger-all foreigners. Let’s hope all 23 survive the day.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back