The last 15m

Tiger_heart

Yes, the Broncos had won the game and had relaxed...but gee, isn't it time, Benji & Co., to try somethign different, perhaps a little like 05? Maybe ad libbing works for us, more so than a stuctured game plan which relies on a solid spine (which we don't have) and discipline right across the team. In my opinion, we are miles behind other teams, and the enthusiasm that Benji brought is fading quicker than our (remote) hopes of makign the 8's.
We all know the definition of madness...

Yes, the Broncos had won the game and had relaxed...but gee, isn't it time, Benji & Co., to try somethign different, perhaps a little like 05? Maybe ad libbing works for us, more so than a stuctured game plan which relies on a solid spine (which we don't have) and discipline right across the team. In my opinion, we are miles behind other teams, and the enthusiasm that Benji brought is fading quicker than our (remote) hopes of makign the 8's.
Benji was filling out his golf card.

You need to have the cattle to ad lib. Don’t you remember Sheens giving them licence in the first couple games when he came back till he was like “shit…..”. It takes skill to play like that. Skill we do not have.

I’m just trying to work out how we won those games v Sharks/Eels ?
I’d have them ad libbing from the kick off!

You need to have the cattle to ad lib. Don’t you remember Sheens giving them licence in the first couple games when he came back till he was like “shit…..”. It takes skill to play like that. Skill we do not have.
I say just move the ball around and play what’s in front of you.
Structured has never really been our strong point, has it.

I’m just trying to work out how we won those games v Sharks/Eels ?
I’d have them ad libbing from the kick off!
Eels I understand as they were missing Moses and haven’t been great this year but Sharkies? They were playing great and we flogged them. Gotta bottle and replicate what happened that night, haven’t seen it for years.

No. We need to make our tackles. It’s that simple.
And have a go all game every game, Ute had 3 runs at halftime?

Yes, the Broncos had won the game and had relaxed...but gee, isn't it time, Benji & Co., to try somethign different, perhaps a little like 05? Maybe ad libbing works for us, more so than a stuctured game plan
Seems not ..,

Like I said in the game thread… the plan is apparently to win the games 12-10 each week …

There is zero plan to pass the ball until they are 20 behind with 10 to go

Effort is there - execution not so much.

We are a bottom four team and as much as we want instant success - we are coming off a very low base.

I think it will happen though. I thought our right side attack had better shape and the left looks more dangerous with Fainu and Galvin working well together.

Would like fo see Latu and Galvin together with Sezer coming on to “ice” games.

Loosey goosey throwing the ball around won't develop the players.

Tigers need to win the middle. I saw Bateman with 2-3 GOOD runs betwen the markers & 1st defender at speed. Api attacks that gap perfectly. Sezar when he runs at that gap really hits the spot. We need to continue probing around the ruck & winning the battle there. Sam Fainu & Papali'i run in space quite well. When we spread the ball however, we look slow & bleh. And that's because we haven't got the defense retreating enough. Utoikamanu & Klemmer running into the teeth should be followed by Bateman, Sezar or for variety- Papali'i or Bula or Galvin attacking the gap around the ruck at speed. Once the defence starts going backward- then you can look to spread wider.

Jock Madden, former Tiger, there in support for a double. Look at the lines Walsh runs. We made some breaks but never anyone supporting. We could learn a lesson from the shapes that other teams play to break through our line.

But surely some variation in play - look for example at the kick from Reynolds for Madden to score - don't require more than a few weeks of drilling to put in action? Or am I overestimating some player's IQ??

Loosey goosey throwing the ball around won't develop the players.

Tigers need to win the middle. I saw Bateman with 2-3 GOOD runs betwen the markers & 1st defender at speed. Api attacks that gap perfectly. Sezar when he runs at that gap really hits the spot. We need to continue probing around the ruck & winning the battle there. Sam Fainu & Papali'i run in space quite well. When we spread the ball however, we look slow & bleh. And that's because we haven't got the defense retreating enough. Utoikamanu & Klemmer running into the teeth should be followed by Bateman, Sezar or for variety- Papali'i or Bula or Galvin attacking the gap around the ruck at speed. Once the defence starts going backward- then you can look to spread wider.
But do you think we have the forwards that can win in the middle? Yes, I agree that a power game, when you have a huge pack, will get the backs going too. Just not sure that by continuing to have "patches" of forward play (your 2-3 GOOD runs) we are going to win games. However, I agree that we also don't seem to have those "waves" of attack through the middle and around the rack.

Back