Senior Management and The Board - MEGA Thread

If Bryden's are leaving as main sponsor it will just reinforce many peoples opinion that it was all an ego trip for Lee.That may not be the case but i am sure it will be the prevailing view on here
Confirmed tonight with an incredibly petulant letter deliberately leaked (gee I wonder who it was) to the usual 'league media' wankers.

Cliffs: Complains about being criticised in the media then proceeds to slag off his former colleagues in the media.

GOOD RIDDANCE!

Former Wests Tigers chairman and major sponsor Lee Hagipantelis has delivered a brutal attack on his former club, describing the process that brought him down as “despicable” in a letter to announce he was terminating his $1 million sponsorship. Your columnist has obtained the explosive two-page resignation letter that Hagipantelis emailed to the club last week in which he slams the independent review that led to his demise. We have opted not to publish part of the letter for legal reasons. He says the review was a “sham” and refers to key stakeholders at the club as “cowards.” Hagipantelis says he was not consulted for the review. The letter was addressed to Nathan Russell, the head of corporate partnerships at the Wests Tigers, who was not involved in Hagipantelis’ demise. “The disgraceful events of 12 December last year impacted significantly and adversely on the relationship of Brydens Lawyers and Wests Tigers given the disrespectful way I, as Chairman of Wests Tigers, was treated by the representatives of the Club’s stakeholders,” Hagipantelis writes. “Despite such despicable conduct, I continued with my commitment to the current contractual arrangements as opposed to terminating same, a course adopted by another high-profile sponsor.

“I felt that the honourable thing to do was to fulfil my current obligations, although honour is a quality that does not seem to permeate throughout the upper echelons of the Wests Tigers ownership. Hagipantelis then complains about CEO Shane Richardson not making himself available for sponsorship contract talks. Richardson was appointed after Hagipantelis was dismissed. “Recent events have compounded the concerns which I have held with respect to the continuing relationship of Brydens Lawyers and Wests Tigers,” he wrote. “Firstly, the distinct lack of engagement by your CEO in our discussions with respect to the continuation of our sponsorship is most disconcerting. “In my experience, which is very extensive, the CEO of any club or community organisation would become intrinsically involved in discussions with the Major Sponsor when negotiating a sponsorship agreement. “Most CEOs would regard this engagement as being important. Obviously, yours does not.” He then refers to a recent interview Richardson did with the Australian Financial Review in which he was critical of the previous Wests Tigers management. “There has been consistent criticism by your CEO of the previous Club administration,” he said.

Obviously, such criticism implicitly includes me given my previous role of Chairman of Wests Tigers. It is indeed an interesting approach to maintaining relations with the Major Sponsor by being so vocal in one’s criticism of its Principal. “Obviously, this is of no concern to your CEO given that he has doubled down on the criticism in the recent Australian Financial Review article wherein he referred to, ‘Business people, (who) take their head off and put a pumpkin on. They think they know all about running a sports organisation.’ “Again, how could this criticism not be construed as being directed to me? “To allay any concerns of paranoia on my part, I have been contacted by multiple persons expressing disdain at such comments and their obvious reference to me.” The Bryden’s Lawyer principal then attacks some of his former colleagues. “I have the philosophical difficulty of continuing in business with people in whom I repose no respect,” he said.

I speak of the representatives of the stakeholders with whom I had the displeasure of serving on the Board.“These persons are still engaged in the Club whether it be in a formal or informal capacity.“I regard these people as cowards. Therefore, I find it most distasteful to contemplate the continuation of a relationship with Wests Tigers while these persons remain involved.“I wish Wests Tigers every success in the future. I will continue to wholeheartedly support Benji, the Football Department, the players, and the staff. I fear, however, that the success of the Club will be compromised given the continuing involvement of those whom I have referred to above.”

We contacted Richardson on Sunday for his response.

"I spoke to Lee last week about the letter, I responded to him in writing and thanked him for his help over the years,” Richardson said, “I said I was disappointed he wouldn’t be there moving forward."

“There’s nothing I could do to turn it around. I understand how he may feel, but there’s not much I can do about that."

“Whether he is right or wrong, it was never my call. There’s really no difference in that letter to what he actually said to me when I met with him when I first got to the Wests Tigers.”

Confirmed tonight with an incredibly petulant letter deliberately leaked (gee I wonder who it was) to the usual 'league media' wankers.

Cliffs: Complains about being criticised in the media then proceeds to slag off his former colleagues in the media.

GOOD RIDDANCE!

Former Wests Tigers chairman and major sponsor Lee Hagipantelis has delivered a brutal attack on his former club, describing the process that brought him down as “despicable” in a letter to announce he was terminating his $1 million sponsorship. Your columnist has obtained the explosive two-page resignation letter that Hagipantelis emailed to the club last week in which he slams the independent review that led to his demise. We have opted not to publish part of the letter for legal reasons. He says the review was a “sham” and refers to key stakeholders at the club as “cowards.” Hagipantelis says he was not consulted for the review. The letter was addressed to Nathan Russell, the head of corporate partnerships at the Wests Tigers, who was not involved in Hagipantelis’ demise. “The disgraceful events of 12 December last year impacted significantly and adversely on the relationship of Brydens Lawyers and Wests Tigers given the disrespectful way I, as Chairman of Wests Tigers, was treated by the representatives of the Club’s stakeholders,” Hagipantelis writes. “Despite such despicable conduct, I continued with my commitment to the current contractual arrangements as opposed to terminating same, a course adopted by another high-profile sponsor.

“I felt that the honourable thing to do was to fulfil my current obligations, although honour is a quality that does not seem to permeate throughout the upper echelons of the Wests Tigers ownership. Hagipantelis then complains about CEO Shane Richardson not making himself available for sponsorship contract talks. Richardson was appointed after Hagipantelis was dismissed. “Recent events have compounded the concerns which I have held with respect to the continuing relationship of Brydens Lawyers and Wests Tigers,” he wrote. “Firstly, the distinct lack of engagement by your CEO in our discussions with respect to the continuation of our sponsorship is most disconcerting. “In my experience, which is very extensive, the CEO of any club or community organisation would become intrinsically involved in discussions with the Major Sponsor when negotiating a sponsorship agreement. “Most CEOs would regard this engagement as being important. Obviously, yours does not.” He then refers to a recent interview Richardson did with the Australian Financial Review in which he was critical of the previous Wests Tigers management. “There has been consistent criticism by your CEO of the previous Club administration,” he said.

Obviously, such criticism implicitly includes me given my previous role of Chairman of Wests Tigers. It is indeed an interesting approach to maintaining relations with the Major Sponsor by being so vocal in one’s criticism of its Principal. “Obviously, this is of no concern to your CEO given that he has doubled down on the criticism in the recent Australian Financial Review article wherein he referred to, ‘Business people, (who) take their head off and put a pumpkin on. They think they know all about running a sports organisation.’ “Again, how could this criticism not be construed as being directed to me? “To allay any concerns of paranoia on my part, I have been contacted by multiple persons expressing disdain at such comments and their obvious reference to me.” The Bryden’s Lawyer principal then attacks some of his former colleagues. “I have the philosophical difficulty of continuing in business with people in whom I repose no respect,” he said.

I speak of the representatives of the stakeholders with whom I had the displeasure of serving on the Board.“These persons are still engaged in the Club whether it be in a formal or informal capacity.“I regard these people as cowards. Therefore, I find it most distasteful to contemplate the continuation of a relationship with Wests Tigers while these persons remain involved.“I wish Wests Tigers every success in the future. I will continue to wholeheartedly support Benji, the Football Department, the players, and the staff. I fear, however, that the success of the Club will be compromised given the continuing involvement of those whom I have referred to above.”

"I spoke to Lee last week about the letter, I responded to him in writing and thanked him for his help over the years,” Richardson said, “I said I was disappointed he wouldn’t be there moving forward."

“There’s nothing I could do to turn it around. I understand how he may feel, but there’s not much I can do about that."

“Whether he is right or wrong, it was never my call. There’s really no difference in that letter to what he actually said to me when I met with him when I first got to the Wests Tigers.”
The fact that Lee wanted the whole letter published tells you all you need to know about the type of person he is. Good riddance !!!

GOOD RIDDANCE!

I am sure he will get a very robust reception when and if he goes to another home game

GOOD RIDDANCE!

Sound like sour grapes to me and IMO we will be better off in a few years as HE had his time to fix this but couldn't.
I also think we won't have a problem getting another major sponsor and will bring in more money than Lee was paying.

Sound like sour grapes to me and IMO we will be better off in a few years as HE had his time to fix this but couldn't.
I also think we won't have a problem getting another major sponsor and will bring in more money than Lee was paying.
Richo mentioned new major sponsors a week or two ago.

They are going to sell A LOT of jerseys next year once that hideous logo is removed!

GOOD RIDDANCE!

Didn’t we already hear this sook from old Inspector “look at my extensive experience” Gadget? Extensive experience losing.

It was sad the first time.

How often does an NRL clubs major sponsor’s resignation letter end up in the paper?
Thanks for resigning Lee.
He has done us a huge favour by spitting his dummy and publicaly crying as loud as he can.In the short term we may be financialy a little poorer but in the long term we will be better off.His attitude is disgraceful,no person no matter who they are is more important than the football club

He has done us a huge favour by spitting his dummy and publicaly crying as loud as he can.In the short term we may be financialy a little poorer but in the long term we will be better off.His attitude is disgraceful,no person no matter who they are is more important than the football club
I wouldn’t say it’s great for the club that he’s doing it publicly bcoz it’s just more drama for the club being aired in public. But it does make him like the sooky cry baby ego knob he really is.
Oh well Lee, you’ll always have that pic of you holding Tommy’s jumper. And we’ll always be photo shopping you out.

The quality, sponsorship value and length of the new sponsor should be telling as to the true nature of all past relationships under previous management.

If you end up with a National or International company sponsoring on a higher value it is telling that previous deals were not favourable to the club and or management capability is increased under the restructure.

The proof is in the pudding.

GOOD RIDDANCE!

Attachments

• Have a cry (Medium).jpg
    Have a cry (Medium).jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 4
OMG….. he ( Hagipantelis) is worried that we will have no success because of the new management?? Seriously 😟? We cannot get any worse than we went under his so called “management “ could we ? That letter demonstrates perfectly why he needed to go… it is all about him, the club was being used as a vehicle to further HIS interests only.. he is a thin skinned, arrogant narcissist that is perfectly suited to compensation lawyering ! He was born to chase ambulances! No wonder he is very very successful at that!

Back