The big three

I’m going to call it. Wests Tigers went down the tube when we they broke up the ‘big four’ who were supposed to take us to the promised land.

Since then we’ve been forced to put up with a succession of nomads who had no care for the jersey.

In Bula, Stef and Api, we finally have our own big three again. Players who would shine at any level. Throw in Lachy and Romey and it’s not looking so bad being a Tiger 😎

[insert it’s only one win discaimer]
Stefs best half since 1 half in the 2023 trail against Saints. Jane aint Tarzan yet. Back it up for a few more rounds before getting scuffed up knees mate.

Api is obvious as obvious

Bula had a blinder, same deal, needs to back it up and needs to keep backing up ala Hodgo style of fullback when he popped up everywhere around the ball in 05 and 06 and created a second level of attack on almost every play.

I’m going to call it. Wests Tigers went down the tube when we they broke up the ‘big four’ who were supposed to take us to the promised land.

Since then we’ve been forced to put up with a succession of nomads who had no care for the jersey.

Call it?? Those players made the decision to leave 7 seasons ago. Talk about a hobby horse.... let it go mate.

Those players you mentioned aren't our big 3. They haven't guided us anywhere yet. Neither did the supposed 'Big 4' back in the day. They got put on a pedestal without proving themselves at our club, player power, Joe Wehbe in their ears tapping them up, just rubbish. Sure the club got a lot of things wrong in the lead up to that episode, but they ultimately f(#$d off on the fans and the club that brought them all through in equal measure. It was a turkey shoot for Isaac Moses.

While we are throwing the term around again, Wests Tigers infamously bought a player that was a member of another highly successful club's "Big 4" in 2012 as well and look how well that went,,,

I'd prefer not to have that kind of category thrown around again. I want a balanced team with a good pathways program and the odd bit of smart recruitment, instead of our obsession with the messianic and the 'big this big that'. We lose a "big this" or a whatever, we have another brilliant kid coming through. For every Brooks there should be a Galvin just around the corner.

In Bula, Stef and Api, we finally have our own big three again. Players who would shine at any level. Throw in Lachy and Romey and it’s not looking so bad being a Tiger 😎

I don't think this is true, They were playing together for 4 seasons with no luck....

They were surrounded by plenty of overpaid Players and were overpaid themselves (Outside Tedesco)
The amount of money we would have paid them all to stay, We couldn't have put anyone around them outside the blokes we did...
We were also paying Farah a mill to play for the Rabbits before they left...

I don't know any of them would have changed our fortunes without blowing the joint up...
Which happened - Eventually....
We'd have been better, But not a calibre of a team those boys went on to play in.

Reactions: BZN
Yep - massive engine and aerobic capacity - along with fast twitch muscle fiber for a bloke built like a brick BBQ!

Just because he plays with impact - does not relegate him to an impact player!
Just because he plays with impact - does not relegate him to an impact player!

Good comment

This guy needs to be included in any "big three/four" argument!

In the 2 games this season thus far he is averaging 58 mins, 137 metres, 60 post contact metres and 28 tackles (1.5 missed).

He has been a shining light since his debut and his consistency in that time for a bloke who is still 21 has been far more impressive than Stef.

PS - bench impact players as some believe he is don't average 60 odd minutes per game - he needs to start because he is capable of big minutes at a very high standard!

View attachment 11067
We agree - It happened....
Best forward at the Club for mine!!
That Footwork at the line, So Impressive.....

The only solution we currently have at Lock - I love everyone writing him off there...
(He doesn't ball play, Have a pass etc - Meanwhile everyone else "Just needs more time")

He's a baby that missed development in 20's and Ressies on the back of suspended covid junior comps...
AND HE'S FROM VICTORIA!!
This kid can (And will) be anything....

We will have to wait and see if Stef is loyal to the club or if he chasing a premiership sooner than we can offer.

it looks as if we're building a strong nucleus, regardless of which players you pick.

consistency is still a long way away, but in Bula, Olam, Galvin, Utoikamanu, Koroisau, Papali'i, Bateman, Pole and Fainu we look to have a stronger core than what we've had in a decade. adding Luai plus a few extras will only strengthen us further.

Great win and there's reason for optimism. But honestly, if we don't beat the slimmers and the finkles, it means nothing.

I remember everyone getting excited when we scored 66 against the cowgirls. How did that go for us in the end...

Stefs best half since 1 half in the 2023 trail against Saints. Jane aint Tarzan yet. Back it up for a few more rounds before getting scuffed up knees mate.

Api is obvious as obvious

Bula had a blinder, same deal, needs to back it up and needs to keep backing up ala Hodgo style of fullback when he popped up everywhere around the ball in 05 and 06 and created a second level of attack on almost every play.
Same deal as your little halfback mate at manly, these 3 will give it all each week. But some will only notice them when we win.

it looks as if we're building a strong nucleus, regardless of which players you pick.

consistency is still a long way away, but in Bula, Olam, Galvin, Utoikamanu, Koroisau, Papali'i, Bateman, Pole and Fainu we look to have a stronger core than what we've had in a decade. adding Luai plus a few extras will only strengthen us further.
💯 agree jrt.

But what an amazing turnaround.

It's only a week ago a lot of us were saying how bad most of our players were.
Honestly, my head is still spinning from such a rapid change.
I'm finding it so hard to believe I'm not dreaming.

Or maybe I'm actually dead and gone to Heaven, and I'm watching an alternative altered state comp. where Wests Tigers win every match. :p

And I loved Bulla's statement at the end of his post-match interview " I'd like to thank my Lord and Saviour". ✝️

💯 agree jrt.

But what an amazing turnaround.

It's only a week ago a lot of us were saying how bad most of our players were.
Honestly, my head is still spinning from such a rapid change.
I'm finding it so hard to believe I'm not dreaming.

Or maybe I'm actually dead and gone to Heaven, and I'm watching an alternative altered state comp. where Wests Tigers win every match. :p

And I loved Bulla's statement at the end of his post-match interview " I'd like to thank my Lord and Saviour". ✝️
And who will save the fans?

Reactions: BZN

Members online

Back