Terrible ref

The penalty the ref gave to the Bulldogs for foul play in the tackle when Kikau was tackled and in the tackle his head made contact with Papalli's knee was a case of looking for something that did not happen and resulted in Bateman approaching the ref and the penalty was rightly overruled - and that was just one poor decision that effected a captain's challenge. That onus is all on the referees poor decision making and is what caused the players to lose faith in the referees ability to manage the game. I didn't see anything from our captain that was more disrespectful than any other captain would be under the same circumstances. When you are in the wrong you accept it, but if you allow yourself to be a victim unjustly without a whimper then you also deserve everything you get. If you don't want the captain to approach the ref take away the captain's challenge or in the refs case get your rulings right.

I didn't see anything from our captain that was more disrespectful than any other captain would be under the same circumstances. When you are in the wrong you accept it, but if you allow yourself to be a victim unjustly without a whimper then you also deserve everything you get. If you don't want the captain to approach the ref take away the captain's challenge or in the refs case get your rulings right.
Im not quite sure where you are coming from with this.
I havent seen anyone criticising Bateman for what he said. My problem is that he didnt have a continual dialogue going with her as it was obvious she was missing a fair bit.
Its the other players yelling shit our constantly that got her back up. That doesnt fly in local A grade, let alone fully professional elite level.

I havent seen anyone criticising Bateman for what he said. My problem is that he didnt have a continual dialogue going with her as it was obvious she was missing a fair bit.
Its the other players yelling shit our constantly that got her back up. That doesnt fly in local A grade, let alone fully professional elite level.
I think there have been plenty that have had a go at Bateman over his captaincy and that he antagonized the situation.
Have a look at the media images of Bateman and Klemmer that they have chosen to push out about not tolerating disrespect toward referees, and if you didn't see the game what message does that send about those two players and their part in the aftermath. Reportedly Klemmer is guilty of saying "that was not a shoulder charge."
They are scapegoats with what some see as intimidating images even though its not meant to be about gender - according to Annesley - while taking away the focus of what was a substandard refereeing performance. Where are the images of Teddy arguing with Ashley Klein and him walking away saying I'm not going to argue with you in the same round ?
Talk about diversion and controlling the narrative. If Im either of them I would be filthy about it

Last edited:
I'll be brave enough to come out and say it.

If you go back over the years and tally up all the bad calls, game defining bad calls, momentum shifting bad calls that go against the Wests tigers. We can only assume a hidden agenda is at play to ensure the Wests Tigers always stay at the bottom or potentially get removed from the competition. You can't wrestle yourself back into the game anymore so multiple momentum shifting calls have a huge impact on the outcome of the game which the officiating has the control. Not many other teams get as many rookie refs or momentum shifting calls. The square up on the calls always happens at the back end of the games when all is already lost. The tigers also seem to be the subject of when another team had a bad call the previous week and needs a square up (The square up can happen at the expense of the Tigers).

Most teams only need to be 10-20% better than the opposition to win the game, some can be -10% better than the opposition and seem to win most of the time. Tigers need to be 80-150% to stand a chance of winning to go against all the momentum shifting calls. When do the Tigers get a fair crack?

I'll be brave enough to come out and say it.

If you go back over the years and tally up all the bad calls, game defining bad calls, momentum shifting bad calls that go against the Wests tigers. We can only assume a hidden agenda is at play to ensure the Wests Tigers always stay at the bottom or potentially get removed from the competition. You can't wrestle yourself back into the game anymore so multiple momentum shifting calls have a huge impact on the outcome of the game which the officiating has the control. Not many other teams get as many rookie refs or momentum shifting calls. The square up on the calls always happens at the back end of the games when all is already lost. The tigers also seem to be the subject of when another team had a bad call the previous week and needs a square up (The square up can happen at the expense of the Tigers).

Most teams only need to be 10-20% better than the opposition to win the game, some can be -10% better than the opposition and seem to win most of the time. Tigers need to be 80-150% to stand a chance of winning to go against all the momentum shifting calls. When do the Tigers get a fair crack?
This seems to be the prevailing narrative amongst a large section of the supporter base.
To what end though? What does the NRL get out of keeping us at the bottom of the ladder?
When we were flying high during the Benji and Robbie double act, the club was most supporters second favourite team. We were entertaining and drawing crowds/tv ratings. Why did the NRL make the decision to cheat us out of repeating this for 12 years straight?

To be fair you see that all day most games . The other elder statesman from each team usually have the same “perceived authority”, or at the very least clout/ respect , that at least earns them the referees ear .
If I was Richo and Benji I’d request a meeting with Annelsley and Sutton and have an honesty session , about what the actual hell is going on .Because there clearly is . Whether is resentment from the previous howlers , or whatever , there is an unconscious bias that is becoming increasingly conscious , and it needs an “honesty” session . Even if it’s video that the refs are being shown .
Maybe it’s us ? Maybe the psychopaths get on instagram and twitter and hammer these refs soo much , that they dread refereeing our games . I have no idea , but there is clearly something there

To be fair you see that all day most games . The other elder statesman from each team usually have the same “perceived authority”, or at the very least clout/ respect , that at least earns them the referees ear .
True, but what if it wasnt the statesmen who were mouthing off? Maybe Klemmer was wrong time wrong place? She clearly said she'd had enough of trying to work with the team. Id like to know the context behind that as it would likely lead to our answer.
If I was Richo and Benji I’d request a meeting with Annelsley and Sutton and have an honesty session , about what the actual hell is going on .Because there clearly is . Whether is resentment from the previous howlers , or whatever , there is an unconscious bias that is becoming increasingly conscious , and it needs an “honesty” session . Even if it’s video that the refs are being shown .
Maybe it’s us ? Maybe the psychopaths get on instagram and twitter and hammer these refs soo much , that they dread refereeing our games . I have no idea , but there is clearly something there
Yes that would be a proactive approach. Referees seem to not enjoy our games. Its about time we drill down as to why.
Ive always thought its due to poor onfield leadership in a man management capacity from us coupled with a squad who take a lot of shortcuts - especially in defence. The refs feel our leaders ignore them or just cant control the boys. We try to control the speed of the game, but in an amatureish way that cant be overlooked as the 'grey area' that squads that are good at it practically live in.
As for the fans...theres been a bit of talk this week surrounding keyboard warriors and it seems directed loosley at our fans. Billy Slater held no punches when speaking about it. Maybe our fans do hammer the refs online publically enough that they have grown a bias? You only have to see the game day threads to see that as soon as the penalties start, the insults and accusations come thick and fast behind them. Are some people taking things further than merely venting on a forum? Its possible.

Badger had a shocker and will not be the last ref to have one. My gripe is, and I posted it the other day, why do we continually get assigned the ref with L Plates. It’s never the Friday night game or Thursday night game, they pick the lowest rating time slot to limit any fallout. There was a game a few years ago when we had Ziggy Stardust as our ref in one of his first games and he failed to go upstairs when we scored a legitimate try.

If Badger kept the 10m for both teams for 80 minutes, than the niggle and frustration is eliminated and she has a chance of keeping control.

Anyway I hope she bounces back and becomes a solid NRL ref

True, but what if it wasnt the statesmen who were mouthing off? Maybe Klemmer was wrong time wrong place? She clearly said she'd had enough of trying to work with the team. Id like to know the context behind that as it would likely lead to our answer.

Yes that would be a proactive approach. Referees seem to not enjoy our games. Its about time we drill down as to why.
Ive always thought its due to poor onfield leadership in a man management capacity from us coupled with a squad who take a lot of shortcuts - especially in defence. The refs feel our leaders ignore them or just cant control the boys. We try to control the speed of the game, but in an amatureish way that cant be overlooked as the 'grey area' that squads that are good at it practically live in.
As for the fans...theres been a bit of talk this week surrounding keyboard warriors and it seems directed loosley at our fans. Billy Slater held no punches when speaking about it. Maybe our fans do hammer the refs online publically enough that they have grown a bias? You only have to see the game day threads to see that as soon as the penalties start, the insults and accusations come thick and fast behind them. Are some people taking things further than merely venting on a forum? Its possible.
A bit rich from Billy Slater he played under captain for his entire career who most fans believed was the third umpire on the field every week.

It can only be game defining if the team has enough quality to capitalise on strokes of good luck. Good teams punish every inch given to them, and have the resilience to turn things around in spite of poor calls from the referee.

The decision not to sin bin Sezar could well have been "game defining" if the Tigers didn't completely implode in the 2nd half. That was, based on precedent, a howler of a decision.
I agree. Should've been binned.

But it wasn't game defining. Not even close. The same way that the Schneider one two weeks ago was a howler, but not game defining.

The game did not rest on that decision.

In regards to 'good teams are resilient', etc sentiment; of course. But that's a different discussion. Whether we are or aren't able to overcome poor decisions or punish other teams is a tangential discussion to how often these major calls fall the other way.

Badger had a shocker and will not be the last ref to have one. My gripe is, and I posted it the other day, why do we continually get assigned the ref with L Plates. It’s never the Friday night game or Thursday night game, they pick the lowest rating time slot to limit any fallout. There was a game a few years ago when we had Ziggy Stardust as our ref in one of his first games and he failed to go upstairs when we scored a legitimate try.

If Badger kept the 10m for both teams for 80 minutes, than the niggle and frustration is eliminated and she has a chance of keeping control.

Anyway I hope she bounces back and becomes a solid NRL ref
And why not give her a top tier game and see how that goes !

A bit rich from Billy Slater he played under captain for his entire career who most fans believed was the third umpire on the field every week.
That just proves he knows what he is talking about.

Watch 360 last night , it was confirmed what KLEMMER said as he ran pass the ref , that was not a shoulder charge , that was it .
They then tried to blame KLEMMER for not leaving the field , the push and shove had started as he walked towards the side line and 3 dogs players where attacking Alex , all he done was try to protect his team , it would have been a dog act if he had let his mate fend 3 dogs players of . She never spoke to that dogs hooker or the other 2 from the dogs who ran from a distance to grab Alex , talk about only policing one team

This seems to be the prevailing narrative amongst a large section of the supporter base.
To what end though? What does the NRL get out of keeping us at the bottom of the ladder?
When we were flying high during the Benji and Robbie double act, the club was most supporters second favourite team. We were entertaining and drawing crowds/tv ratings. Why did the NRL make the decision to cheat us out of repeating this for 12 years straight?
Maybe it's a simple story line the NRL are aiming to create much like the WWE in that there has to be good guys and there has to be bad guys. We seem to be the unlucky ones branded as the bad guys! Surely everyone can tell there are other teams that are the good guys and it's un-usual that a decision is NOT in these other teams favour! It's been happening for years, not just last weekend.

Everyone should ask themselves;
When do the Tigers ever win the 50:50 call?
How many tries the tigers are awarded and the amount of replays to see if it can be overturned!
Dubious tries against the tigers are usually awarded and not replayed! (move along)
Dubious decision are not replayed to the same extent as others (again move along it's the Tigers, nothing to look at here...)

It's also not a wise idea to listen to the TV and radio commentary as gospel. As most of them could be considered having a conflict of interest when they are either assisting coaching, managing or involved at committee level with other clubs. We got to take all the commentary with a grain of salt.

Watch 360 last night , it was confirmed what KLEMMER said as he ran pass the ref , that was not a shoulder charge , that was it .
They then tried to blame KLEMMER for not leaving the field , the push and shove had started as he walked towards the side line and 3 dogs players where attacking Alex , all he done was try to protect his team , it would have been a dog act if he had let his mate fend 3 dogs players of . She never spoke to that dogs hooker or the other 2 from the dogs who ran from a distance to grab Alex , talk about only policing one team

Agreed!!!

and to Add my thoughts, It's not so much Badger that's the problem, it was her support from the sideline officials and also officials off field. Oh but hang on, the NRL officials can't do that for the Tigers because of something or another? Where was the bunker or half time officials reviewing what Badger could work on for the next half? where was her support at half time? the famous forward pass that led to Tigers defending two sets and a try to the dogs was not discussed during half time? Or if it was just ignored. Where was Badgers Support!!! It's unusual to see that with other teams. there is usually a square up in the next half?

Casey has been given Warriors v Roosters this week.
That just proves he knows what he is talking about.
Billy knows nothing about playing at a struggling club and the mental frustration that comes with that as player and a fan.

Reactions: BZN
Back